Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
Another vote for the VMax. I vape dual coils and no other PV will give me the performance that the VMax does. I have a V1 and a V2 (revision 4) the V1 has showed to be excellent in durability and longevity. It has been put to the test for about 5 months now as I threw everything I possibly could at it pushing it all the way to 5 amps with tripple coils and it has yet to even hiccup. I have ran over it with my ATV when it fell out of my pocket with no resulting damage. It's a clear winner in my book and many others...just go check out the VMax tips tricks and quirks thread.

Craktskull

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2012
Cebu, Philippines
I just don't understand this. You have a battery which delivers current to a coil which heats up a wire and "vaporoizes" a liquid. Sure, some devices can read the resistance of the attached coil.....some could read battery voltage, some could tell if the battery was inserted the wrong way...........BUT

it's a BATTERY HEATING UP A COIL........

How can you say one 3.7v battery is any better at heating up a coil as any other 3.7v battery? You use the same step up voltage board as the rest of the Chinese stuff. It's all the same.......!!!!

I've finally done the ProVari stuff and can tell you, there is no discernible difference between between the ProVari and the dozen or so Chinese Lavatubes I've tried. Software difference, sure, but performance?........nothing. Voltages are actually better with the Chinese stuff, but look, feel and craftmanship go to ProVari. Performance? I rate performance on a scale of what you pay v.s. what you get...................ProVari is WAY overpriced for what you can get for a product 1/3 the price.

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
I just don't understand this. You have a battery which delivers current to a coil which heats up a wire and "vaporoizes" a liquid. Sure, some devices can read the resistance of the attached coil.....some could read battery voltage, some could tell if the battery was inserted the wrong way...........BUT

it's a BATTERY HEATING UP A COIL........

How can you say one 3.7v battery is any better at heating up a coil as any other 3.7v battery? You use the same step up voltage board as the rest of the Chinese stuff. It's all the same.......!!!!

I've finally done the ProVari stuff and can tell you, there is no discernible difference between between the ProVari and the dozen or so Chinese Lavatubes I've tried. Software difference, sure, but performance?........nothing. Voltages are actually better with the Chinese stuff, but look, feel and craftmanship go to ProVari. Performance? I rate performance on a scale of what you pay v.s. what you get...................ProVari is WAY overpriced for what you can get for a product 1/3 the price.

In one way it is the same but It's not all the same you need to look into things a bit more before posting a post like this. Just saying...don't get mad :) I do agree with you on the price of the Provari.

Last edited:

imsoenthused

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2011
Tulsa, OK
My only problem with the vmax is that the math is wrong. Not just wrong but, wrong Wrong WRONG. I have verified the output of my provari with a multimeter, what you set is what you get. I know, from experience, what wattage I like to vape at, the one time I tried a vmax, I set the voltage by doing the math on my phones calculator, plugged the exact same tank as I had on my provari set to the exact same wattage and got burnt, nasty, horrible hits. I will freely admit that I did not run tests on the vmax, but from personal experience it just doesn't do what it says it is doing when it comes to voltage. In my opinion, the current ranking kings of the vaping world are the provari, the darwin(if you can actually buy one and live with its IMHO ugly as sin design), the variable voltage reo, and any solid mechanical mod(like the silver bullet) with a kick and a kick extension sleeve. The only problem with a kicked mechanical is the difficulty of adjusting the wattage on the fly. As the owner of a Provari, the only one I'd consider buying in addition to it is the VV reo. That said, if the difference in cost is a real world concern for you, the vmax usually performs fine. Just don't think that any experience with it will translate to another device, as the voltage it is telling you is WRONG.

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
My Provari just showed up yesterday (and the batteries today) and I now understand why it costs as much as it does. I've only been using it for the last 8 hours or so, but I am very happy with it. I doubt I'll take it to work or when I'm out running errands since it is heavy (I thought my SB weighed lot).

I was hating on the Provari nuthuggers, but now I can see where they're coming from. It's a really, really nice PV. I bought one of the chrome blemished ones (it is a V2, saw the thread about that) and there was just one tiny scratch on it. You have to be looking for it to find it.

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
My Provari just showed up yesterday (and the batteries today) and I now understand why it costs as much as it does. I've only been using it for the last 8 hours or so, but I am very happy with it. I doubt I'll take it to work or when I'm out running errands since it is heavy (I thought my SB weighed lot).

I was hating on the Provari nuthuggers, but now I can see where they're coming from. It's a really, really nice PV. I bought one of the chrome blemished ones (it is a V2, saw the thread about that) and there was just one tiny scratch on it. You have to be looking for it to find it.

And over the long haul does it really cost that much? I bought a Stihl chainsaw in 1982, after losing my job at US STEEL, but i still have that saw and it still runs. Sadly, i could have bought 2 provari's for what i spent on joyetech stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread