2005 Honda Element

Element.jpg

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
Lincoln_LS_2006_2.jpg
This is my baby. A 2006 Lincoln LS, Black Cherry outside w/ Camel inside. A friend gave me a great deal on it in 07. He is the sales manager of the local Ford / Lincoln Dealership. The MSRP on the sticker was $41,000 but I got it for $27,000 cash. It's by far the best car I've owned. It's in my garage now with less that 35,000 miles on it and could be the last car I ever own. But if I should decide to sell it in 15 yrs. or so I won't have a problem getting my money back.

Last edited:

Paksoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Well now, I just noticed that I need to do some chatting with Paksoy about bikes - WOW, what a lovely selection you have there!
How do you even go about choosing what to ride each day? :D

I just put the bikes on a rotation when weather permits in the summer. My wife rides too so all the bikes get frequent use. :)

magman007

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
Sarasota, FL
2013 Lexus GS 350 AWD-black and 2013 Escalade Platinum series-black

Ballin!

Quote from the Heat: -
Mullins: Hey, I gotta drive the school bus tomorrow. It's my shift, it's my shift.

Bluebird%2084pass%206300%20series.JPG

:toast:

Thats a big ... bus! Kuddos to you for driving it, I get nervous when hauiling my parents 4 horse + living quarters trailer. I can't imagine driving something as big, with no mid point rotation, full of other peoples kids! Big props to the overland carriers here as well, dealing with .......s on the road all day that dont realize a semi doesn't stop on a dime must take a toll.

I drive a Ford F-150 extended cab daily.

My collection of autos that are garaged include: 1965 Mustang convertible, 1974 Mercedes 450SL convertible, 1966 Mustang GT (restoration project), 1966 Mustang 2+2 (restoration project), 1971 Porsche 914 (6 conversion, a restoration project of years past that is now in slow decline), 1935 Dodge pickup (soon to be given to my nephew), & 1929 Ford Model A

Previously owned but sold: 1951 Mercury, 1957 Chevy Bel-Air, and various other 65/66 Mustangs.

Nice stable! Love the goofy 914's and I hear they are ridiculous with the 6 conversion.

Interesting topic; thank you for asking about it.

Currently, I'm driving my lovely, Taupe 2002 Limited Edition PT Cruiser.
I really should have been more patient and waited until the following year to purchase one, though, as that is when they added a couple of more ponies under the hood.

Still, it's the first car I've ever purchased brand-new and completely paid it off. And it's still in perfect shape, as I only put a couple of hundred miles per year on the odometer (telecommuting really does have a number of huge advantages).

Once this summer rolls around and I have made the final payment on some veneers that I had put into my mouth back in 2010 (these payments have been the equivalent of another new car, considering that I had a total of 16 veneers), I will be either considering leasing a new car for a while (I know, I know, leasing... but I loved it back when I used to do it regularly), or else will simply give in to my mid-life crisis stage and get back on a nice bike.

With what little I drive, there's a much-lowered chance that I'll lose my life driving one of those around this 'town', but nowadays, I really have no clue where to start on getting back on one - the only other one I had - and loved the hell out of! - came with my ex-wife attached to it, and now both are gone, haha!

Hey, leasing is a nice way to get into something new and worry free for a few years, then get into something newer and nicer a few years later!

View attachment 295709
This is my baby. A 2006 Lincoln LS, Black Cherry outside w/ Camel inside. A friend gave me a great deal on it in 07. He is the sales manager of the local Ford / Lincoln Dealership. The MSRP on the sticker was $41,000 but I got it for $27,000 cash. It's by far the best car I've owned. It's in my garage now with less that 35,000 miles on it and could be the last car I ever own. But if I should decide to sell it in 15 yrs. or so I won't have a problem getting my money back.

Nice, I always liked these. Great looks and available with the 4.6 v8. There is a local here with one with the 03 cobra motor swapped into it. Clean, sleeper, and quick. No one expects a thing until it roars past you.

2014 murano...love it and as for the fun cars ( hubby's of course ) 2013 boss 302, 2000 cobra r, 1989 Ssc saleen and 1986 svo...yep we are car and insurance poor and no he won't let me touch them! :)

Hubby has great taste. Love the new boss!

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
I drive a 1999 Dodge Caravan. She has 190,000 miles has had a new transmission about 50,000 miles ago and I have had her for 9 years. I have a love affair with my minivan. It holds all of my dogs as well as all of my kids and their friends. It runs like a dream and I will drive it for another 9 years if I get the privilege. I am not a car proud person and never have been. People ask me a lot if I am ready for a new van yet and I say NO WAY! This ones just getting broke in.

momtomater

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Iowa
My main passion is cars, I am a car guy through and through and appreciate the automobile in all of its forms, that said, I wonder if there is a correlation between your fine taste in APV's and vaping equipment and the vehicle you drive. Whether it be the reliability aspect of the provari and your choice of car, the form, or the function.

I My self drive an '06 subaru STI. Like the provari it is well made, will take on any challenge, and get me through tough conditions. Its reliable, quick, and handles well. Like the provari it packs a punch with its little turbo 4cyl and never disappoints. Coincidentally my black with blue led provari matches the audacious interior quite nicely.

When my kids no longer need car seats I will totally be driving an sti hatch. White with black wheels and stanced. My hubbs had an 04 when we started dating and I loved that car so much. You've got great taste my friend!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

pants-commander

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Ann Arbor
Thanks for making me happy im not the only Volvo Owner on the forum That mods it....97 850 GLT modded to r spec. with 14.7 pounds at fuel cut. Soon to be adding a s60r to the family. I kinda want a 240 to slide.

I ad an 850 as well. I loved it, it was NA and loud, but the planet express ship was my first love affair with volvo. Took me a long time to find a manual 850 wagon.

I'd like an s60R, but I am more of a fan of the bricks.

The stickers were pretty hilarious. I <3 bacon, It's slow, fantastic!, NCC-74656, some ipd stickers, check engine light sticker, bla bla.

My 240 is under surgery right now:

Last edited:

EGreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have two cars...and then we have the family car. I have a 1992 Toyota Celica ST - 5 speed (Black), a 2002 Chevy Cavalier -Auto (Silver) and the family car is a 2006 Chevy Cruze.

Actually - the Celica is the toy car - hubby purchased it after someone wrecked - only dinged the bumper and didn't want to fix it up - so that he could fix it up for me. It's a toy for he and my dad to restore for me to play in when they are finished because my first car was a 1980 Celica, my 2nd car was a 1984 Celica, my 3rd car was a 1986 Celica....and then I had kids and needed a four door.

pants-commander

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Ann Arbor
Are you doing a complete engine swap? Like the Turbo, how much is it going to boost when finish?

Not a complete engine swap on this one, only real swap I am doing is a transmission swap, borg warner world class T5 from a 5.0 fox body mustang bolts up with an adapter plate and will be able to handle the power. just adding boost. I'm going to push it as far as a stock internal redblock can handle, about 18psi and good for about 300HP/TQ.

I have done complete engine swaps before, put a 392 Hemi in a willys pickup dynod at 970HP, blown obviously.

Mario87

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2013
Miami, Florida
Not a complete engine swap on this one, only real swap I am doing is a transmission swap, borg warner world class T5 from a 5.0 fox body mustang bolts up with an adapter plate and will be able to handle the power. just adding boost. I'm going to push it as far as a stock internal redblock can handle, about 18psi and good for about 300HP/TQ.

I have done complete engine swaps before, put a 392 Hemi in a willys pickup dynod at 970HP, blown obviously.

Nice!!! That little car should move. Here what I did with my weekend toy ( 87 Fox body) just dyno it a few week ago 1,200 RWHP. Will be going to the track in 2 weeks. Here is a pic of the engine, 363 CI with an 88 millimeter Garret turbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread