The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Provari sadness

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by sarradee, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. sarradee

sarradee Senior Member Verified Member

Dec 15, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    This has been a bad month. My apartment flooded, fortunately we didn't lose too much stuff. Still it's a hassle with the insurance company not getting back to me.

Then my almost brand new Provari decided to quit working. I ordered a BLEM and I've only had it two weeks and it started having an E4 error. I did everything the Provari agent assigned to my complaint suggested. The center pin is squeaky clean, nothing leaked inside, and I've tried every tank in the house. No luck. I have to send it back for service on Tuesday. I'm so sad, while it was working it was so awesome. I even ordered a pretty IBTanked rose and purple topper and some carto tanks just for my new baby. I hope they don't come while it's in the shop. The eVIC just doesn't feel right anymore, it's so light, and the menu (which I used to love) is now just annoying.

2. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Sorry about your predictaments. Luckily everything is temporary and will be back to normal soon. :)

Now you know why many of us have more than one Provari. We can't imagine being without our Preciousss for more than a few days.

ThePreciousss.jpg

3. sdennislee

sdennislee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    Alaska
    Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I have 2 eVics and I'm thinking about getting the Provari. What is it you now find annoying about the eVic menu? I haven't found a need to go into the menu since I set the eVic up. The only time I look at the screen is to set watts for a new atty or juice and to check battery.

Hopefully your answer doesn't make hate my eVics before I get a Provari :)

4. WhiteHighlights

WhiteHighlights Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 26, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    Sorry about your troubles with flooding and the insurance company. You were fortunate not to lose too much, but the insurance hassle makes it worse. The good news is Provape will take care of you and you should have your baby back in a week or so. Hang in there & good luck!

5. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    Bummer.
    And if only homeowners insurance was like a ProVari repair.

"my house broke!"
    "OK, we'll have it fixed like new in 4 days."

6. VapnWitch

VapnWitch Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 6, 2013
    VA, USA
    I'm sorry you're having a rough time :( You should have your Provari back in a few days after sending it off, though. This is exactly why I'm going to try to get a second one ASAP, just in case something happens. Hopefully your eVic will be ok until you get the Precious back.

7. sarradee

Dec 15, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    There's just so much stuff in the menu, I've decided I like the simplicity of just pushing a button a bunch of times to cycle through my options. I turn my APV's off when I put them in my purse and the eVic just seems to take longer to fiddle with when I'm juggling all my stuff getting out of the car. The other thing that I find annoying is actually my boyfriend's fault, he borrows the eVic and doesn't know how to use it so I get handed it back in RVV or RVW mode with the whine of "this isn't working".

8. sdennislee

sdennislee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    Alaska
    I could see it being a chore if you turn it on and off a lot. I keep mine on a lanyard around my neck and never turn it off.

Shame on your boyfriend :)

Thanks for the reply, hope things are looking up.

9. Southern Tina

Southern Tina Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2013
    FL
    Exactly. I only have one. I'm trying to save save save for a backup. I would probably cry like a baby if mine broke and I didn't have it for awhile.

10. sarradee

Dec 15, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I wish I could have afforded to buy two all at once. I have my eye on either a purple or a zombie for my second one but I have to wait and save up some more first. I had to spend at least some of my tax refund money on student loans and repaying credit card debt. :)

11. Rickajho

Rickajho ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    Yeah, but it could be a lot worse. A working eVic is a pretty neat thing. It does have a learning curve but it only took me about two days of using it to get it down pat - things like not changing it to undefined RV or RW modes accidentally. Heck, I even found a way/reason to use it in the auto mode! It really should be set and forget after tweaking a couple of settings - well except maybe for that boyfriend thing you got there. Go chat up the eVic peeps if you need some help: eVic

12. tnt56

tnt56 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

That's why you plan ahead.

Attached Files:

13. Southern Tina

Southern Tina Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2013
    FL
    Well, that's an awesome set up and that makes you my new best friend, haha. ;)

14. sarradee

Dec 15, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I hate you. j/k

Maybe someday...

15. tnt56

Don't hate me cause their so BEAUTIFUL !!!!:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. jrenae4

jrenae4 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2013
    ES, MD
    Goodness! I'm just scraping together the change I've found in the couch cushion to afford my first one :blink:

17. CommaHolly

CommaHolly Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Plant City, FL
    you'll get your provari back long before the insurance company takes care of you :)

but it totally sucks,,,,,,I hear you.

18. CommaHolly

CommaHolly Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Plant City, FL
    I hear you,,I saved for months to get my Provari,,,,,,,,and I had to dip into my fund once for a necessity, so that totally sucked,,,,,you will get one!!!!

19. tnt56

I got lucky with some cash. Now I'm so broke I can't pay attention to myself. But I got my Provair's. :)

20. LokeDogg00

LokeDogg00 Full Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Cle Elum WA
    I hear you on the Evic menu thing. I just got my Provari today and have used an evic for the past almost 2 years. Every part on it isnt original to the initial evic kit I bought. Almost everything about it has broken in some way or another. The Provari is so solid im really happy that I wont have to worry about it falling out of my lap and snapping in half like my evic did on multiple occasions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.