Provari takes a lickin keeps on....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xcighippy

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
OC CA
The other day I put my Provari in my backpack on the back of my Fatboy and left for work. This is the one time I didn't put it around my neck on the lanyard. Anyway, forgot to zip the flap and as soon as I crossed some railroad tracks at about 30 mph I heard the strange sound of something falling off the bike and hitting pavement. In my mirror I see my cell phone and Provari skidding down the street in traffic! My first thought was to keep going figuring that the are both toast after being run over by the cars behind me.
I thought better and turned around when it was possible. I made it back and saw my phone (it was in a case) sitting in the center lane undamaged. The Provari was in the left lane and as I approached I got to see a car run over it! It skittered over a lane closer to me so I ran out and retrieved it and my phone.
The tank was gone and the carto was still attached but flattened. I thought for sure it was a gonner. I put another tank on it and guess what! Still works great!! Other than some surface gouges and scratches, it came through undamaged!
For all the naysayers out there, Here's proof Provari can take just about anything you can throw at it.

Attachments

• P8070003.jpg
    P8070003.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 245
  • P8070004.jpg
    P8070004.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 216
  • P8070005.jpg
    P8070005.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 208

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Not this time

Xcighippy

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
OC CA
Man. I would have been ....... Im more ocd and .... about the finish on my vape gear though... even more so the more it costs. Its probably because, like most of us, its as much an accessory as wearing a nice watch.

Yes as well as pretty much ruining any potential resale value! ...... is putting it mildly the way I felt. I wanted to kick my own a**. For being such a dummy. I should have known better, I already lost one set of keys exactly the same way! The one thing that made me feel better is that I made the right decision to go back for it. I almost didn't turn around!

murphyramone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Rockford, Il
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Nope

vang0gh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Plainfield, IL, USA
A co-worker of mine just bought a Provari after seeing me with mine. He's mentioned a couple of times that he's "very careful" with his new prized possession and refuses to bring it out an about for fear he's going to break it. I keep telling him one of the biggest reasons to buy a Provari is because you don't have to worry much about breaking it. Gonna have to show him this thread. :D

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Yeah, they are tough and, hey a few fights with cars is a great way for a Provari to earn a nice wrap - that'll fix it right up and, give it an excuse to find more trouble to get into.

I have two but my fave has been through three wraps, several piles of horse dung, off the roof, through the washing machine and, I think it thinks the kitchen sink is it's personal swimming pool (even if there's no water in the sink.) *shrug* I like to vape while I cook and, I love to cook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread