ProVari v Mini, owners perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
I have a Satin Mini and a Black ProVari and thought it maybe useful for people deciding which to buy for a little perspective from someone that owns both. Given this is ECF there will be others I hope but these are mine.

No matter which you choose they are both magnificent so there really isn't a wrong choice.

The difference ? Battery life. The Mini will see you good for between 6 - 8 hours with a standard 18390. The ProVari 10 - 12 with a 18490 and a lot longer with an 18650.

Those are at my vaping so that is worthless lol

However to my mind choice between the two is purely aesthetics and convenience of size given the electronics are identical. Can't talk to what you like the look of but if your work takes you away from home for more than 6 hours and you don't want to carry around a spare battery choose the ProVari.

If you don't mind carrying a spare battery choose the Mini.

Being paranoid at being vapeless I either have both or one of them and a VMod XL with me but then I am regularly at work for over 14 hours.

clamman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
new york
I have a Satin Mini and a Black ProVari and thought it maybe useful for people deciding which to buy for a little perspective from someone that owns both. Given this is ECF there will be others I hope but these are mine.

No matter which you choose they are both magnificent so there really isn't a wrong choice.

The difference ? Battery life. The Mini will see you good for between 6 - 8 hours with a standard 18390. The ProVari 10 - 12 with a 18490 and a lot longer with an 18650.

Those are at my vaping so that is worthless lol

However to my mind choice between the two is purely aesthetics and convenience of size given the electronics are identical. Can't talk to what you like the look of but if your work takes you away from home for more than 6 hours and you don't want to carry around a spare battery choose the ProVari.

If you don't mind carrying a spare battery choose the Mini.

Being paranoid at being vapeless I either have both or one of them and a VMod XL with me but then I am regularly at work for over 14 hours.

im thinkin of gettin a mini do you get a much better vape out of a vv than standard batt my setup lea batt with 510 somketech dcc lr and what are u using to get 6 hours?

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
Tanked 3 ohm Boge's between 4.5 and 6 volts depending on what tastes right.

VV gives you the flexibility of experimenting with your flavours that swapping between LR and SR at 3.7 doesn't without a rebuildable atty and lots of fiddling. Will it make a juice you hate suddenly become the Nectar of Odin ? Nope. Will it make a great juice even better by fine tuning it to the devices you are using ? Yes.

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
That is why I didn't put anything specific down for the 18650.

Just never seem to run out. I know when I hit 18 or so hours it is due to keel over and at the moment that seems to coincide with leaving for work so swap it out just in case rather than carrying around a dead mod.

As said though I do use 2 mods during the work day. Mainly to swap around flavours easily rather than battery concern as....well I carry 2 lol Chicken and egg deal.

aznfknpride

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2009
Hawaii
How many mils of liquid do you run through before getting the blinking light on the mini?

The standard is doing me fine all day vaping but would like a smaller PV to carry around at work. If I could get 3 mils of liquid out of one batt, that would be perfect I think. I honestly don't know how many mils I get with the standard 18490, I always refill my tank when I'm bored, usually about halfway through it... I'll top it off tomorrow and see if I can get 3 mils @ 4.9v off a fresh 18490.

NeonPriest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Lehigh Valley, PA
How many mils of liquid do you run through before getting the blinking light on the mini?

The standard is doing me fine all day vaping but would like a smaller PV to carry around at work. If I could get 3 mils of liquid out of one batt, that would be perfect I think. I honestly don't know how many mils I get with the standard 18490, I always refill my tank when I'm bored, usually about halfway through it... I'll top it off tomorrow and see if I can get 3 mils @ 4.9v off a fresh 18490.

i didn't exactly calculate how many ml of juice you can use for one charge of a provari mini battery. i have only had mine a few days, i love it by the way, and i use a 3.5ml tank. it seems like i can fill it all the way up twice on a charge, as soon as my button starts blinking i change batteries, so i would say 7-8ml give or take through a battery. hour wise, i get about 7 hours. you can always buy a mini and the extension cap to be able to use bigger batteries, but i don't think i will ever want to do that.

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
Kinda sorta thinking about buying the extension for the Mini but truth to tell over the last week or so it has turned into my Dripping Weekender. Love to drip so sit on the sofa with a very large pickle jar with many juices in with an atty and chillout in front of the TV just dripping whatever comes to hand.

Since I bought it for my non as yet vaping wife I guess I should have it available for her but you know have to make certain it works and everything, I know I am too kind.

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
buy the standard with the extension.
i'm sooo sick of switching batteries with my mini, sorry but its true. If i could go back in time, and not have gotten derailed with all the hoopla, i would have totally gotten the regular provari v2, with extension. and definitely not any other led color option, since it was so unnecessary.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
buy the standard with the extension.
i'm sooo sick of switching batteries with my mini, sorry but its true. If i could go back in time, and not have gotten derailed with all the hoopla, i would have totally gotten the regular provari v2, with extension. and definitely not any other led color option, since it was so unnecessary.

What are you using on it now? If I remember, you were using dual-coil cartos. That may be shortening your battery life by quite a bit.

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
Hey Frick'ster,

yah, but i like the 1.5 dcc/tank with the mini, the vape is PERFECT. wont even let me go past 5.2, but i really like that, because i wouldnt want to anyway, most juices are a perfect vape at 4.2 to 4.5.
i love the mini. but eff' do i hate the battery switching part'.

What are you using on it now? If I remember, you were using dual-coil cartos. That may be shortening your battery life by quite a bit.

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
If I were limited to one of them yep agree it would have to be the ProVari with an extension.

As said earlier in the thread that is the one that makes the most trips to work with me and is sitting in front of me at work as I type.

Make no mistake I do love the Mini but having been stranded at work vapeless once when I started vaping I like to have the solidity of a 18650 in my work mods when at work just to make sure. Add a spare battery that never get's used in a drawer.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
Hey Frick'ster,

yah, but i like the 1.5 dcc/tank with the mini, the vape is PERFECT. wont even let me go past 5.2, but i really like that, because i wouldnt want to anyway, most juices are a perfect vape at 4.2 to 4.5.
i love the mini. but eff' do i hate the battery switching part'.

Have you tried single-coils? When I got my Provari I bought two DC tanks and DC cartos in 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 and 3 ohm. I was amazed that the battery didn't last long at all. Switched to Boge 2.0 and 3.0 and haven't looked back. The battery life is roughly double.

If you can at all stand SC cartos, you'll fix that "changing the battery too often" problem.

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
yeah, i had a 3 ohm single coil, no tank carty', and geezus that was insane on vapor and power. but i like my cartys constantly wet, so i love the tank. and i've tried 1.5 to 3 ohms in a tank, and loved the 1.5 dcc the best.

Have you tried single-coils? When I got my Provari I bought two DC tanks and DC cartos in 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 and 3 ohm. I was amazed that the battery didn't last long at all. Switched to Boge 2.0 and 3.0 and haven't looked back. The battery life is roughly double.

If you can at all stand SC cartos, you'll fix that "changing the battery too often" problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread