ProVari Version 3 Variable Wattage and sub ohm vaping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beretta

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2013
Mars
I'm kinda glad they are sticking to their guns, TBH...

If they make a V3, I would like to see them make it a true 20W capable device, yet keep it as VV only...

Continue the 2.9V to 6V range... Raise current limit to 7A. Every time it fires it calculates device resistance immediately before firing the coil or passing an error code. Allow for a range of resistances to fire the device at 20W throughout the voltage range.

For example:

Voltage Setting | Minimum Resistance

2.9V | 0.42 Ohms
3.0V | 0.45 Ohms
3.1V | 0.48 Ohms
3.2V | 0.51 Ohms
3.3V | 0.54 Ohms
3.4V | 0.58 Ohms
3.5V | 0.61 Ohms
3.6V | 0.65 Ohms
3.7V | 0.68 Ohms
3.8V | 0.72 Ohms
3.9V | 0.76 Ohms
4.0V | 0.80 Ohms

And so on and so forth until you reach 6V with a low limit of 1.8 Ohms

This would likely draw the sub ohm crowd back to the ProVari. As it is, the 3.5A limit is pretty restrictive. I think it's high power limit is fairly restrictive as well (I don't have the current spreadsheet with max power available...)

That is what they need to do with V3... Not a VW gimmick... Make it even more beastly by doubling down on the current limit and pumping the max power to 20W. All while making it the safest sub ohm mod on the planet...

I would never use it for sub ohm vaping, to be quite honest... But I am pretty sure a lot of mechanical users who are safety conscious would grab one up...

Also, take a que from the eVic / SvoeMestro / Poldiac folks and make the ProVari a modular device. Give us a control head, swappable battery tubes, and a user replaceable top cap. I personally don't care for the extension caps... Give me an 18350 tube, and 18490 tube, and an 18650 tube... This way any time they improve the guts, all you have to do is buy a new control head and BAM you're upgraded. They would actually make more money this way rather than the current method of charging $20 for an upgrade, sell a new control head for $100... I would buy a new one!

And give us better color options!

^^ This!!!

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
You know how, when "mobile phones" were made available to the public, not the "brick" but the more accessible devices, like back when the Nokia 3310 ruled the world. Even then, phone companies were making phones with added features. Nowadays there isn't much else you can add to a mobile phone. The point i'm making is a little like the "pen that is also a clock", remember that ?. I think you can still get them :laugh:. So anyway,:laugh:, how about a provari that is also a phone,:laugh:, oh, and a camera err,:laugh:, etc...

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
I understand why there would be disagreement about what "New" features would be good to add to a Provari version. That's exactly as it should be! Different things are valuable to different folks. It would be a dull world if we all had the same tastes, desires and expectations. I even understand the few that want the Provari to never change form or function (if it was good enough for my grandfather it's good enough for me). But I honestly can't understand the view that if it's a new feature that Provape decides to add that it would make the device less reliable, accurate, or sturdy. Provape has the dedication, engineering, and pride to make any feature they choose to add the best in the business in all those areas. There is absolutely no need to worry it won't be done right. So at least for me that argument doesn't need to be part of this discussion. I have tremendous faith that Provari will always exceed expectations and remain industry leaders in accuracy and reliability. Frankly, I find it difficult to believe any Provari owner would even entertain such thoughts. Perhaps I'm just naïve.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
icon_deadhorse.gif

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Wish they would Zoe. It died peacefully a couple months ago, someone dug it back up last night to start this nonsense all over again & never came back. Hmm... that's a new one.

I respectfully and totally disagree with this sentiment. I think healthy discourse is important to innovation and progress. This thread certainly has enough input to warrant a complete discussion (7 pages so far). For people on both sides of the proverbial fence(s). The discussion will end itself when people feel enough has been said. Whether you agree or disagree with the original premise, these types of discussions have a way of hiding jewels of insight that can be significant. Every post is potentially a game changer (or decidedly not) and I'm very sure Provape monitors these discussions closely. Especially since Provari owners are fiercely loyal and demanding of their products. And this is especially true since Provari owners seem to be more positive and respectful in their postings. It will truly be a dead topic if it devovles into bickering and kvetching like I see in so many non-Provari discussions. So just keep it positive and when momentum runs out, the topic will lay itself to rest. Unless of course it starts migrating towards Hitachi appliances and attachments ;)

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Jazz, it's because this gets brought up over and over again. Go back through the pages through the last 4+ months. A lot of them last a lot longer than 7 pages. Sometimes into triple digits. They all end in the same spot. That being said, I'm out on this one. Ryan already said it best when this first got dug up.

Edit: Not to mention it's been said by someone with a bit more of a 'direct line' into it that VW is not going to be a concern for the v3 release, so it's all moot anyways. I guess we'll see the v4 VV/VW threads start popping up soon.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Jazz, it's because this gets brought up over and over again. Go back through the pages through the last 4+ months. A lot of them last a lot longer than 7 pages. Sometimes into triple digits. They all end in the same spot. That being said, I'm out on this one. Ryan already said it best when this first got dug up.

Edit: Not to mention it's been said by someone with a bit more of a 'direct line' into it that VW is not going to be a concern for the v3 release, so it's all moot anyways. I guess we'll see the v4 VV/VW threads start popping up soon.
I don't know if I said it "best," but I thought of more to add...
I posted this in the other V3 thread, so I'll re-post it here as well, since it applies just as equally to this thread:

A lot of people really don't understand how ProVape and the ProVari have gained both a reputation and a following, and why neither are destined for obsolescence.
Allow me to demonstrate how this works.

Exhibit A, Generic Chinese APV:

Our product is beautifully designed, simple to use, and user friendly. It's more durable than our last version and has more features, it also costs less than a ProVari, would you like to buy one?

Exhibit B, ProVape's ProVari:

We believe APV's should put out a good vape and not break. We believe the ProVari is the most reliable, durable, and consistent APV made. It's beautifully designed, simple to use, and user friendly, would you like to buy one?

ProVari owners buy into ProVape's core philosophy that an APV should be "military grade." It should work reliably and not break...and on the rare occasions when it does break, you should be able to fix it. ProVari owners tend to share ProVape's belief system. Look at the other APV's that ProVari owners tend to gravitate towards. REO's, Semovar's, and other durable and well built mods.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Worth repeating to those who want a VW Provari;

Try this simple formula.

Take the resistance of the carto or clearomizer youre using then add two. You can adjust up or down in .1 volt increments from there to get to your sweet spot but nothing could be simpler.

Thats why you hear others including myself, say VW isnt needed.

3ohm carto plus 2 equals 5 volts.

2ohm head plus 2 equals 4 volts

Once get find a juice delivery system you like, whether its protank or a carto tank etc etc, just buy the same resistance every time.

I like 3ohms because they extend the life of my 18650 batteries by another 60-90 minutes.

My VW device is my finger and a mouse as they put 20-30 of the same cartos in my shopping cart at checkout. I havent had to change the voltage on my Provari in almost a year.

Last edited:

faulkan

Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
sub ohm .. go mechanical.

I agree wholeheartedly. Sub-ohm vaping should be restricted to mechanical mods. My Provari/Kayfun Lite+ setup is my ADV but I also carry my mech mod with Helios set up with dual micro coils and cotton wicks at .41 ohms for when I want to blow some clouds and have a little fun.

dubbya

Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Charlotte, NC, USA
OMG. A puff counter. That's the LAST thing I'd want. :blush:

The puff counter on my MVP is my single biggest pet peeve with any device I own. I want to adjust voltage buuuuut I have to wait on the stupid counter to get out of the way. Oops! I went a bit too high. Blasted thing is there again. The only reason I haven't sold it is because it's the only other flat signal VV device on the market and I can't afford a second Provari yet. The day that I can, the MVP will be either for sale or in a drawer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread