Pry it from my cold dead hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnMyWay

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2009
USA
Nobody could have convinced me that I could kick my smoking habit. I am "one of those" that enjoyed smoking. It was Marlboro Red's all the way. Don't get me wrong. I wanted to quit. I tried to quit. Even waking up gasping for air didn't stop me from smoking. I though for sure I was going to die a smokers death, probably with a cig in my hand.

It's weird because when I first came to this forum it was all about quitting smoking for me. I wanted my first PV to look, feel, and taste like a cig. Now it's all about the right equipment and juice. My mindset has changed. I have changed.

I am still addicted to nicotine but you know what, I'm ok with it. Maybe another day I will get down to 0 nic.

If you're still struggling with your vaping experience, check your equipment/juice. I'm certain that you can find exactly what you need. I am not a professional vaporer nor a vaping enthusiast. I am an ex-smoker who now vapes. I don't spend a ton of money or consider this a hobby. For me, this replaced my smoking habit. And for that, I'm thankful every day.

I've seen this forum grow tremendously, and I wonder just how much money the tobacco and pharma industries have lost. And I wonder what the magic number is going to be when they start fighting harder to get us to stop vaping and start smoking again.

bjannr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
I know what you mean. I started with a 510, then an Ego. But driving at night, trail riding my horses, dripping and/or changing cartomizers wasn't convenient or safe. Now it is bottom feed mods, or a battery mod with a feeding system connected. I don't think I will ever quit gaping and with all the different flavors, I get more nicotine than when I used analogs. The big tobacco companies are loosing money. But I have a stash of supplies so let the bans come.

driving-pete

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Cleveland,TN
Excellent post Onmyway..I feel the same way as you do. Every day,(figure of speech but close to the truth), I get down on my knees and thank God I found this forum and e-cigs. I too was so struggling to quit, even when I was hospitalized for not being able to breathe.
When I came out of of the hospital after 4 days, the first thing I did was lite up a cigarette.
I was almost crying while smoking it, because even though I knew it was killing me, I could not stop.
The best I could ever do was slow it down to one smoke every 2 hours.

Now I've been smoke free for 2 and a half months, and not even craving it..Actually thinking about analogs now makes me sick.

alisab

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
WI
I am so grateful too. I have been a smoker for 41 years! I have quit for years sometimes here and there but always picked it up again under the right (wrong) circumstances. I have been vamping since Thanksgiving and cut out 99% of my cigs - I have one every 1 or 2 days but I'm not worried about that because it is always a disappointment. I know eventually there will be no more cigs and I won't need to go back to them ever again. This is more than painless it is good and fun too. Now I wish there was something that could, just as painlessly, replace my (over)eating and help me loose some weight!

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Your title for the post says it all for me! Smoked for 35+ years and tried every "quit now" scheme that came along,
and also was convinced I was going to die with a smoking .... in my hand.
Been 6 months without an analog, and I'm not craving them, amazing, simply amazing to me.

edit: and I spread the word to anyone that will listen, just grab the smoker by the lapels and....

Last edited:

Bluesun62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2011
Ramona, CA
I feel the same way. 35 years with cig in my mouth. I did everything with a cig. I never went anywhere without 2 packs with me. I've only been vaping for 4 days and have not dropped analogs completely but I can't even imagine going back to them full time. Thank God. I never thought I'd get this far.

I walked into my house today and it smelled like an ashtray. I never knew it smelled like that. I'll have to figure out how to get rid of that smell...lol.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I still think that finding the perfect vape is a never ending battle. Why? Always new equipment coming out. I started out with a 510 little setup, then went to and eGo/Riva, then onto mods. I'll never go back to smoking. The heck with the FDA. I have enough nic juice in my freezer to last me for along time. I smoked 3-4 packs a day for the last 15 years and I can't remember the 13 years before that as to how much I smoked. I can only guess. Those stinking things taste too nasty for me to ever go back. I can hardly stand it when people smoke around me anymore. I tolerate it because they are friends that are too scared to make the leap yet but I'm still working on them.

Much like you, they will have to pry my mod from my cold dead hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread