Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
How are you guys running these SS coils? I tried 26ga., 2.5mm ID on an 8 wrap micro and the airflow was tremendously mismatched. Coil was heating to a dull red in the centre even wicked, soaked and blowing directly onto it. Using spaced and/or TC?

The Entheon definitely wants something a little mellower than the Hadaly. Due to the similarities in airflow, I decided to tweak my "perfect" Hadaly coil for the wider holes. I have not yet compensated for the post-to-post difference, so my next attempt will be the same coil, but with 2.5mm ID. This coil is producing a far more controlled vape on my mech, and I'm going to coast with it a while before I try something new. I'm running 7 wraps of fused, claptoned 26/38ga. Ni80 at 3mm ID. This is two extra wraps as compared to my Hadaly coil, and comes in a tenth higher, at 0.31 ohms. Flavour is about on par with the Hadaly, vapour still seems a little less, but is dense and velvety again.

Progress.

[EDIT] This deck is an absolute joy to work on. The clamp platforms are enormous and versatile... just wonderful.

Reactions: fgarvin

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Thanks to all who posted, tested, opined, reviewed, and shared experiences with/on the Entheon :thumbs:
Have a Hadaly and really digging it to the point of acquiring another. I stumbled on the Entheon on Enushi's Store Site and was intrigued. Popped it in the Search Bar here and Viola!
Thread and Posts have convinced me to switch targets and lock on. This will make an apt Partner to the Hadaly in the Ft. Vape Armory. also,,, Aesthetically it beats the Hadaly (IMO) which is always a plus (again IMO).

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I've been using mostly alien coils so far..

Like kanthal mostly at .5 ohms. 28x3/36g 5 wrap around 3mm.

Been messing around with ss316l making aliens with 28/36g and at 3mm and 6 wraps it comes out to .3ish ohms and I can't seem to get the ohms up.. seems too hot and not the vapor I'm hoping for.. like too much air.. can't seem to close the air slots enough.. almost want to try closing one side of the air just to help limit it.

Need to make more alien coils so I can try them on a 3.5-4mm rod to see if I can get the mass up.

Maybe attempt to get the coil lower so it's closer to the air holes as well.

Reactions: RyGuy83

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
I made the mistake of going build crazy with my Entheon over the weekend using my ADV and have earned a case of the vaper's tongue for my efforts. Slow going on the flavour comparisons as a result.

I will say this: The Entheon has a quality to its vape (draw, density) that makes going back to the Hadaly feel a bit cheap by comparison. But flavour is king and so far I still place the Entheon beneath the Hadaly.

I am, however, still finding things to fix in my coil, notably the ID. @SteamStack, are you noticing the centre wrap(s) of your coil gunk faster than the rest? I'm starting to suspect that the wider spacing of the inner air holes can cause the air to "miss" the centre of the coil if the outer diameter places the coil too close to the walls. 3mm ID with my fused 26/38 gives plenty of clearance, more than enough room to do 4mm... but that ring of gunk, man. I'm suggesting going narrower! Next coil for me will be the same, but 2.5mm ID.

[EDIT] I forgot to mention I also feel like I still have a fair bit of tweaking to do with coil height.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I made the mistake of going build crazy with my Entheon over the weekend using my ADV and have earned a case of the vaper's tongue for my efforts. Slow going on the flavour comparisons as a result.

I will say this: The Entheon has a quality to its vape (draw, density) that makes going back to the Hadaly feel a bit cheap by comparison. But flavour is king and so far I still place the Entheon beneath the Hadaly.

I am, however, still finding things to fix in my coil, notably the ID. @SteamStack, are you noticing the centre wrap(s) of your coil gunk faster than the rest? I'm starting to suspect that the wider spacing of the inner air holes can cause the air to "miss" the centre of the coil if the outer diameter places the coil too close to the walls. 3mm ID with my fused 26/38 gives plenty of clearance, more than enough room to do 4mm... but that ring of gunk, man. I'm suggesting going narrower! Next coil for me will be the same, but 2.5mm ID.

[EDIT] I forgot to mention I also feel like I still have a fair bit of tweaking to do with coil height.

No sorry I use nothing it my own made flavorless.. gunk is something I never have to deal with.

I just made another alien coil 28/38g SS 316l on a 3.5mm rod 6 wrap and still comes in at .3ohms. :/ anyways made it lower and seems to be better. Longer bent arms so it sits lower about middle to the air holes.

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
I have 2 Entheons now - I did a side by side for myself. Both with 26g SS - sitting as low as I can get it to the airflow with my ADV of a DIY Peanut Brittle at 22% flavoring max VG Nic Salt at 7mg (lowered my Nic from 9mg to 7mg this last batch and this seems to be my sweet spot in the Entheon on my REO p67).

3dia coil - .6-.64 ohms sitting as low as I can get it - taste is anemic and harsh

2.5dia coil - .5-.54 ohm sitting as low as I can get it - perfection

I now know the coil dia makes a big difference in the vape for me...but also lowering the coil.

Reactions: Hitcat44

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I have 2 Entheons now - I did a side by side for myself. Both with 26g SS - sitting as low as I can get it to the airflow with my ADV of a DIY Peanut Brittle at 22% flavoring max VG Nic Salt at 7mg (lowered my Nic from 9mg to 7mg this last batch and this seems to be my sweet spot in the Entheon on my REO p67).

3dia coil - .6-.64 ohms sitting as low as I can get it - taste is anemic and harsh

2.5dia coil - .5-.54 ohm sitting as low as I can get it - perfection

I now know the coil dia makes a big difference in the vape for me...but also lowering the coil.

How many wraps cause I would think with as large as a alien is with 3x28g it would be well over .3 at 3.5 diameter 6 wrap but can't get the ohms up.

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
I'll check next time I re-coil. I only had it in a day then ripped it out. I'm not very conventional lol I wrap then put it on the post and check ohms when back a wrap off - I also use spaced coils and the legs are fairly long to the low like I want it. The ohms jump around till Im done and satisfied landing around .5 or there abouts.

Reactions: SteamStack

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
I've tried a low build and am still not getting the flavour I want. I'm gonna reroll one of these 3mm aliens into a 2.5mm later and see what's what. My latest build was 3x26/34 Ni80 alien, 3mm ID, wrapped "traditionally" at 5/4, bending the legs so the coil drops in and sits much, much lower.

Reactions: MsLoud

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I made a 2.5 26g 8 wrapper and do like it better. The draw seems improved, as though the extra space around the coil is allowing for better airflow. Cant comment on flavor as I am currently vaping unflavored. But enjoying the vape off 2.5 in the Entheon for sure.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Starting to see some consensus growing here. After dropping my coils (maybe 2mm above the juice splitting block), flavour has increased dramatically - and I'm still using a 3mm ID coil.

I think it's safe to say that the Entheon takes a much different approach than the Hadaly.

I can't seem to shake this airflow, either. No matter how restricted those inner holes are by the coil, no matter how dense my wick, I get a nice, smooth, restricted DL hit. The draw on this is really superb.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
I am mounting mine as low as I can get by virtue of pressing the mandrel down across the top of the sidewall. Are you guys pushing lower than that?

Assuming you mean pressing down while inserted in the coil, yes, quite a bit lower. With the top cap off, looking through the airholes to where I can usually see the other side, my current coil is fully obstructing that view with its bottom side.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Assuming you mean pressing down while inserted in the coil, yes, quite a bit lower. With the top cap off, looking through the airholes to where I can usually see the other side, my current coil is fully obstructing that view with it's bottom side.
Alright, you just push it down there with your finger? I will try this next build.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Alright, you just push it down there with your finger? I will try this next build.

I did a measured bend. I had my legs parallel to one another, got a rough look at where I wanted it floating, and made a couple of even bends to get it in place. Major downside is not being able to use your mandrel when firing and shaping, etc. And in my case, the legs are a bit close to the air holes for my liking.

• Informative

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
I insert the rayon, make sure my spacing of the coil is good, then take my tiny screwdriver and lay it on top of the coil and press down. Basically, without the rayon in the coil, it would be sitting half below the top line of the base...
I need to get a pic.

Sent from my 5049W using Tapatalk

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I did a measured bend. I had my legs parallel to one another, got a rough look at where I wanted it floating, and made a couple of even bends to get it in place. Major downside is not being able to use your mandrel when firing and shaping, etc. And in my case, the legs are a bit close to the air holes for my liking.

You can use a skinnier rod to do the normal stuff still. I did a 3.5mm one last and was able to use a 2.5mm rod still even though I had the coil super low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread