Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
You can use a skinnier rod to do the normal stuff still. I did a 3.5mm one last and was able to use a 2.5mm rod still even though I had the coil super low.

Yeah, no problems actually working it out when down there, but I tend to use the rod to make adjustments in positioning to ensure I don't crush the coil. Not possible here without whipping up a little tool.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Made another coil basic Clapton coil 28g/36g ss316l. It's huge as I wanted to hit over .5ohms. It's a 7 wrap 3.5 diameter, comes in at .54ohns. Lowered and is wide enough to cover as of the 2 air holes per side.

Vapes pretty great. Shocking as I've been messing with alien coils for a month now.

Works great on the reo p67.

Reactions: MsLoud

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Made another coil basic Clapton coil 28g/36g ss316l. It's huge as I wanted to hit over .5ohms. It's a 7 wrap 3.5 diameter, comes in at .54ohns. Lowered and is wide enough to cover as of the 2 air holes per side.

Vapes pretty great. Shocking as I've been messing with alien coils for a month now.

Works great on the reo p67.

It's not too tame? I built roughly the same coil, bit with Ni80 @ 3mm ID, 26/38 and at 0.4 I found it far too cool, way too much ramp time.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
It's not too tame? I built roughly the same coil, bit with Ni80 @ 3mm ID, 26/38 and at 0.4 I found it far too cool, way too much ramp time.

I've yet to make a coil where it was this cool vape people have talked about.

It's like the same I'd not more vapor then the alien coils I've been making at .3ohms.

On the Therion bf 75c mod I have it set to 25 watts and 450f. Even on the reo with fresh bat it's nice.

My vapes are always warm to hot.

Maybe it's the fast ramp time of stainless steel?

Reactions: MsLoud

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Drop your coils and narrow that wind, folks. Getting close to putting a baseline together here. 2.5mm on a chunky coil has massive flavour gains and I'm personally calling that the hard limit on viable ID for wire in excess of 1mm diameter. Round builds can probably go as big as 3.5mm ID without much issue.

I need to stock up on my fused Nichrome. These aliens gotta go.

The.Drifter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
Virginia
Got my Entheon in today, after trying it out on several mods I think I like it best on the Cartel :)

3cyn3elbpk4ol6s6g.jpg

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Got my Entheon in today, after trying it out on several mods I think I like it best on the Cartel :)

3cyn3elbpk4ol6s6g.jpg

Great match, where did you find that drip tip?

Any updates from the rest of the early adopters? I've settled into this deep-set, 2.5mm ID alien and have been generally thrilled with the results. First build since getting the atomizer that earned a rewick instead of a teardown. My initial disappointment with the RDA has softened big time.

Flavour is definitely Hadaly-like, but seems a little less forward with creams. I'm curious if anyone has tested menthols out in the Entheon yet? If creams are less distinct, perhaps menthols are less muted on this device.

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Thanks Victor :thumb: The stock tips looked nice but were too short for my vaping style so I turned that drip tip on my lathe :)

Man, what I'd do to have a lathe. The drip tips are my biggest gripe with the atty so far; desperately awaiting new topcap and/or drip tip options.

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
After a few weeks with the Entheon I'm back to the Hadaly. It's a more effortless vape, tastes a touch better, and weighs a good third of what the Entheon does.

Not ready to shelf the thing yet - I'm generally quite happy with it, but until some aftermarket topcaps (preferably one-piece Ultem) come out, I don't see myself picking it back up. Will rebuild for some dedicated home menthol use for now.

• Informative
Reactions: Silver Dove

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Reactions: puffon

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
My Hadalys are long gawn. Entheon is all I am using these days. I build it exactly as I built the Hadaly, except 2.5mm ID.

Since you're not vaping flavours I'm going to take a stab at the key points that made this happen:

- superior draw
- no leaks
- better efficiency

Tell me I'm wrong. ;)

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Since you're not vaping flavours I'm going to take a stab at the key points that made this happen:

- superior draw
- no leaks
- better efficiency

Tell me I'm wrong. ;)
I am vaping flavors. Same as Hadaly to me. And yes, all of the above, and better build quality, namely the clamps :)

Reactions: VictorViper

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
I am vaping flavors. Same as Hadaly to me. And yes, all of the above, and better build quality, namely the clamps :)

Ah, I see I misremembered your earlier comment; I recalled vaping unflavoured, forgot the "currently". I love, love, love the clamps. I also love the squonk block. I don't like the height (and thus weight) the design requires though and weight reduction is a big part of why I'm so keen on new topcap options.

I can't say the flavour is the same. It's still early for me to get this specific but here's my take on the flavour differences, because I agree they are equal overall.

The Entheon has a more neutral presentation, the Hadaly is coloured, to steal an audio nerd term. The Hadaly famously loves creams, but menthols suffer for it. My ADV is Rice Krispies squares and milk, and I vape a heavily mentholated fruity juice for at least one good session per day. Needless to say, the Hadaly had been my daily driver for that juice, and I just can't get the Entheon up to snuff. It does very well, but pales in comparison.

I don't put my menthols near the Hadaly, it's a waste of good juice. The Entheon vapes 'em juuuuuust fine, though. So well, in fact, that I think I'm about ready to commit a squonk bottle to my menthols (I always drip em). At the same time, it's really no better flavour-wise than my Pulse 22 which is reasonably good for the job.

So, at the end of the day (and TL;DR as usual, sorry kids), the Entheon seems to be about on par, flavour-wise, with the Hadaly, but being a little more neutral means it gets outshined when up against creamy flavours.

My preferences have made it a difficult atty to judge. The Entheon outclasses the Hadaly on so many points it's almost hysterical, but not where it needed to most. As someone who knows the Hadaly's flaws inside and out, I really wanted this to be its replacement, but instead it's a technically superior alternate in my two-atty rotation.

The.Drifter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
Virginia
Huh. I wonder what @The.Drifter disliked so much about that post.

Not dislike but disagree. That's what the "X" means. I mainly vape custards and creams and find that the Entheon shines vaping that juice for me.

Taste is just so subjective, one persons opinion may vary differenty from others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread