Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Not dislike but disagree. That's what the "X" means. I mainly vape custards and creams and find that the Entheon shines vaping that juice for me.

Taste is just so subjective, one persons opinion may vary differenty from others.

Of course it's subjective, that's why I was curious if I had written something in there "wrong". But, like you suspected, I had assumed the big X was effectively a downvote as with other forums.

On that note, I couldn't disagree with you more. ;) The Entheon handles creams just fine, but in direct contrast to the Hadaly there's no contest, IMO.

Taken on its own merits and ignoring the comparisons with its older sibling though, and it's a serious winner. But it ain't the Hadaly usurper I very much wanted it to be.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
All I really vape are creams too, and I cant tell a difference between the attys flavorwise. *shrug* :)

But Victor bro, you have a serious talent for writing, for assessing and describing. Have you ever thought about starting a blog perhaps? Seriously, you do a better job at this stuff than just about anyone I have seen. It is awesome reading your posts.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
All I really vape are creams too, and I cant tell a difference between the attys flavorwise. *shrug* :)

But Victor bro, you have a serious talent for writing, for assessing and describing. Have you ever thought about starting a blog perhaps? Seriously, you do a better job at this stuff than just about anyone I have seen. It is awesome reading your posts.

I really appreciate your feedback, man. I do a little writing from time to time on my website (links in my profile, don't want to be too shameless), but it's a hobbyist site and content is slow-going to say the least. I've been considering starting a blog here recently, mostly because I've decided to retire from the "mech vanguard", so to speak, before I give myself an ulcer or heart attack. I feel like I have some value to add around here, but I can't stomach the constant mech idiocy and need to ditch the compulsion to babysit others.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
I'm no engineer, but I like to think I've got a pretty solid mind when it comes to basic physics. The result of dropping the coil deep into the well and tightening up the ID spoke for itself in practice, but it was aerodynamically weird and had been bugging the hell out of me, quite frankly.

Sometimes a hangover has benefits. Hurting too bad to do much, but restless as hell and dying for my nicotine. Time to build.

I've got a massive 4mm ID coil, installed flat (Hadaly style, "upside down") and then tugged upward after being tightened down. It's lifted just enough to ensure no obstruction of the airflow.

It's bloody spectacular. I went with 6 wraps, figuring I'd need to keep the thing tame enough to vape so close to my mouth, but that's proven unnecessary and I suspect 5 wraps is really going to nail it for me.

Right now I'm enjoying long, mellow draws that are producing incredibly dense vapour with full, rich flavour. I busted out my trusty ol' Trojan for some copper goodness and it's just a damn treat.

All prior conclusions are wrong. The book ain't closed on this RDA and I'm reinvigorated by the thought it still may, indeed, be the Hadaly killer I was looking for.

fordski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Coatepec, Veracruz-Llave, Mexico
I'm no engineer, but I like to think I've got a pretty solid mind when it comes to basic physics. The result of dropping the coil deep into the well and tightening up the ID spoke for itself in practice, but it was aerodynamically weird and had been bugging the hell out of me, quite frankly.

Sometimes a hangover has benefits. Hurting too bad to do much, but restless as hell and dying for my nicotine. Time to build.

I've got a massive 4mm ID coil, installed flat (Hadaly style, "upside down") and then tugged upward after being tightened down. It's lifted just enough to ensure no obstruction of the airflow.

It's bloody spectacular. I went with 6 wraps, figuring I'd need to keep the thing tame enough to vape so close to my mouth, but that's proven unnecessary and I suspect 5 wraps is really going to nail it for me.

Right now I'm enjoying long, mellow draws that are producing incredibly dense vapour with full, rich flavour. I busted out my trusty ol' Trojan for some copper goodness and it's just a damn treat.

All prior conclusions are wrong. The book ain't closed on this RDA and I'm reinvigorated by the thought it still may, indeed, be the Hadaly killer I was looking for.

Thanks for posting this. I tried your method and immediately noticed an improvement in flavour. In checking the hadaly threads this method is what's recommended as well, place the coil clear of the air holes and let the design do its work.

What type of coil did you use, just a plain coil or something fancier? I tried an Alien SS316L (flat .8 by .3, 32G wrap) and found it too hot for my liking and just went with regular round 24 G SS316L and while it cooled things down the flavour has dropped. So a little experimentation is in order.

Reactions: VictorViper

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Thanks for posting this. I tried your method and immediately noticed an improvement in flavour. In checking the hadaly threads this method is what's recommended as well, place the coil clear of the air holes and let the design do its work.

What type of coil did you use, just a plain coil or something fancier? I tried an Alien SS316L (flat .8 by .3, 32G wrap) and found it too hot for my liking and just went with regular round 24 G SS316L and while it cooled things down the flavour has dropped. So a little experimentation is in order.

I used a fused clapton coil - and far too much of it. I'm still dialing in the right build, but feel pretty confident that the positioning of it is "correct" now.

I'm no longer sure what was causing the issues with my initial Hadaly build on the Entheon, but the vape was middling and harsh. Smaller ID fixed the harshness and lowering the coil enhanced flavour, but the positioning confounded me - there was no logical reason for the improvements that I could come up with.

I have a suspicion that 3mm is simply an awkward ID for this build. Simultaneously too big and not big enough. Going 4mm ID (which on my wire means closer to 5.5mm OD) and raising it up means that the airflow hugs the entire coil as it exits, and the wick tails further restrict and direct said airflow.

That's the theory, anyway. Now to hone it! Slow going when the coils aren't right but still plenty enjoyable to just scrap.

Reactions: iDad

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Ugh! Was kinda set on avoiding this atty since I have 3 hadalys already and love the vape from them. But reading this thread really piqued my curiosity. Just caved and ordered one.

Here, the Hadaly "killer" has been achieved. Enjoy! And please excuse the poor photography.

PicsArt_10-31-09.50.53.jpg

5 wraps, 4mm ID, 2x26/38ga. Ni80 @ 0.34Ω. And in the end, it's not a lot different than my Hadaly build aside from an increase from 3 to 4mm ID and a mild lift to ensure full clearance of the airflow.

Speaking of clearance, you can see I've been generous with the rayon, and there isn't much more than about 0.8-1.0mm of clearance between the deck walls and the coil (be careful, fellow mekkies!). The air has nowhere to go but up and around the coil and straight to the taste buds.

This thing crackles like something else, yet it's actually nice and tame, suited for a long, easy draw. Even with the SS wide-bore tip, I have yet to get a drop of juice in my mouth.

I still haven't found a single reason to close down the airflow. I'm a fixed airflow guy, for sure, but the AFC here is really odd. Negligible changes in draw until you get near full closed, and with this particular coil, anything less than full-open is a lesser vape. Maybe higher resistance coils would be over ventilated, making flavour suffer unless closed down? All I know is the perfect restricted lung hit is basically available at all settings and that's just fine with me.

Took a wrong turn along the way and chased after a dead end, but I got there. Now to enjoy this coil for a few weeks and see if my conclusions prove hyperbolic. <3

Last edited:

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
Here, the Hadaly "killer" has been achieved. Enjoy! And please excuse the poor photography.

View attachment 697407

5 wraps, 4mm ID, 2x26/38ga. Ni80 @ 0.34Ω. And in the end, it's not a lot different than my Hadaly build aside from an increase from 3 to 4mm ID and a mild lift to ensure full clearance of the airflow.

Speaking of clearance, you can see I've been generous with the rayon, and there isn't much more than about 0.8-1.0mm of clearance between the deck walls and the coil (be careful, fellow mekkies!). The air has nowhere to go but up and around the coil and straight to the taste buds.

This thing crackles like something else, yet it's actually nice and tame, suited for a long, easy draw. Even with the SS wide-bore tip, I have yet to get a drop of juice in my mouth.

I still haven't found a single reason to close down the airflow. I'm a fixed airflow guy, for sure, but the AFC here is really odd. Negligible changes in draw until you get near full closed, and with this particular coil, anything less than full-open is a lesser vape. Maybe higher resistance coils would be over ventilated, making flavour suffer unless closed down? All I know is the perfect restricted lung hit is basically available at all settings and that's just fine with me.

Took a wrong turn along the way and chased after a dead end, but I got there. Now to enjoy this coil for a few weeks and see if my conclusions prove hyperbolic. <3

Cheers VV! Between yours and MsLoud's builds I've got some good guidelines to start with for builds. I tend to have a range of builds I go with depending on atty and juice so I'm sure there is something in there that will work for me. Now looking forward to receiving my entheon more than I expected to.

Reactions: VictorViper

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Cheers VV! Between yours and MsLoud's builds I've got some good guidelines to start with for builds. I tend to have a range of builds I go with depending on atty and juice so I'm sure there is something in there that will work for me. Now looking forward to receiving my entheon more than I expected to.

Take it all with a grain of salt in my case, fella. One of our members here has just thrown my whole world upside down with respect to how airflow behaves in our atties. Comically, the one that I scrapped for confounding my sensibilities now makes perfect sense, while my improved coil doesn't. Gah!

Sometimes you just gotta be happy with results but clearly there is still more building to do to achieve perfection. It's already so good, how high is the ceiling for this atty? :eek:

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
Received my Entheon today and after reading over the thread and watching Morton Oen's video
/ I have to agree these are everything that all have been raving about. The one thing that I found that others said can't be done is you can MTL this atty with airflow wide open easily

fordski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Coatepec, Veracruz-Llave, Mexico
Received my Entheon today and after reading over the thread and watching Morton Oen's video
/ I have to agree these are everything that all have been raving about. The one thing that I found that others said can't be done is you can MTL this atty with airflow wide open easily

Thanks for sharing that video. Interesting concepts. I tried his approach with the smaller coil and placed it where he suggested and so far quite like the results. It appears the discussion in this thread lines up with his theory. Larger coils placed above the airflow and smaller coils placed in the airflow. I've tried both now and find I'm liking the smaller coil placed as he suggested. I get a smoother vape and the flavor is very good with a dense vape. I used an alien coil with a flat wire core and was able to achieve his dimensions of 4 mm ouside diameter with a 2.5 mm inside diameter wrap. So far so good. I'll give it a day or so and see how it goes....

Ivan6Two

Verified Member
Jan 15, 2018
NoVA
453141C8-7F93-438F-95D5-6FE6BB9B9C7B.jpeg
743AA5BC-1826-4DC6-9714-A19DB5ED0234.jpeg
44762CE3-23C9-45B1-9043-DC8B89F827FF.jpeg
E456302D-8658-4801-9E60-BF9A422724E3.jpeg
First build used an AVS pre built coil: 316L SS, 30x3/38, 7 wrap, 3mm ID. Placed the coil in line with the 3mm rod positioned on the deck - turned out the bottom of the coil is near the top of the airflow holes (which I was surprised by how low they were in relation to the build deck). Thinking I need a wider coil where it’s currently placed. Flavor is good (I’d rate a 7 out of 10) and I’m enjoying this atty.

Going to make some KA1 28x2/36 Fused Claptons tomorrow. Will try a 2.5mm ID and drop it lower.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Link to that

I seen a hadalay clone insulator break and cause a short and vent a battery

You can hardly group all clones into the same category because you have seen 1 break. I have seen original RDA’s break. Does that mean I shouldn’t use any of those too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread