Public vapin! where do you feel comfortable vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKP#

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Missouri, USA
I vape everywhere, but am subtle about it. I take small puffs and hold it in so there's no visible vapor.
Had some intern at a hospital ask me what it was . Then asked me about the vapor production, so I showed him. He was quite interested.
Then at a rehab hospital I was sitting in one of the rooms with the patient holding my 1000 mah twist + nova and the nurse said "feel free" and reached inside his shirt and flashed his similar setup hanging from a lanyard. Couldn't believe all the vapors at that place.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I usually ask first, and proceed accordingly. If it is a huge store (i.e. Walmart), I may not ask and still vape. I did ask at Home Depot (another huge store) and they said yes. I don't always ask, but when I don't, I then am usually not bold enough to see if I can get away with it. I guess it depends on my mood at the time. I think it sucks that any place would ban it, but probably sucks even more to be disrespectful to a place that is firm in that position.

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
I see a lot of entitlism from time to time in the forum, but most of the members here seem to be courteous. What rubs me the wrong way is the attitude of, if they do not post it, they must allow it.. There are no signs saying not to pee on the tables, but it is safe to say that it is frowned upon. So I like seeing that many more people are courteous people who respect others. It is not about being allowed to or not, but being respectful.

I read somewhere in the forums about some guy who openly vaped at a gas station and chuckling about the concerned looks on the faces of the other patrons there. Doing something to get a rise out of others is a fantastic way to get the attention of the wrong people, and the people who can affect the way you vape.

I do not vape in anyone's private establishment unless given permission. I will never assume that a business is up to speed on the cool hip things like vaping.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I see a lot of entitlism from time to time in the forum, but most of the members here seem to be courteous. What rubs me the wrong way is the attitude of, if they do not post it, they must allow it.. There are no signs saying not to pee on the tables, but it is safe to say that it is frowned upon. So I like seeing that many more people are courteous people who respect others. It is not about being allowed to or not, but being respectful.

I read somewhere in the forums about some guy who openly vaped at a gas station and chuckling about the concerned looks on the faces of the other patrons there. Doing something to get a rise out of others is a fantastic way to get the attention of the wrong people, and the people who can affect the way you vape.

I do not vape in anyone's private establishment unless given permission. I will never assume that a business is up to speed on the cool hip things like vaping.

They don't realize or care that it isn't the no vaping signs that will be the result of their actions, but the legislation that will follow.

Recycled Roadkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2013
Garland, TX
As I tend to vape anywhere I go, be it restaurants, Home Depot and anywhere else for that matter had I ever been approached my bad attitude might have come out first. This thread has allowed me to think more in the way of "what if?"

That said, I'll be more likely to ask what their objection to my vaping is. I don't know how I'll react to what I hear but I may just tell 'em to call a cop.
The biggest problem with that response will be my wife and I'll get a lot of flack there.

Maybe the best and proper approach for me will be to ask first.

Last edited:

Recycled Roadkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2013
Garland, TX
As I tend to vape anywhere I go, be it restaurants, Home Depot and anywhere else for that matter had I ever been approached my bad attitude might have come out first. This thread has allowed me to think more in the way of "what if?"

That said, I'll be more likely to ask what their objection to my vaping is. I don't know how I'll react to what I hear but I may just tell 'em to call a cop.
The biggest problem with that response will be my wife and I'll get a lot of flack there.

Maybe the best and proper approach for me will be to ask first.

Reflecting on my previous response: Maybe I'll tell 'em that vaping circumvents my extreme flatulence condition. Please choose one. :)

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Six or so months ago I accidentally hit my wand (ego 1000mah passthrough) while in line at a store checkout because I had been vaping in the car and just did a quick run into the store with it still in my hand. After that I vowed to come up with a solution for that kind of absent-mindedness. My solution was to carry a pack (at least 8 of them) of fully-assembled erolls. That causes me to have to take the eroll out just like I would a smoke and its form-factor puts me in the smoking mindset. When I need a vape, I just take a shopping break just as I did as a smoker.

Amd6547

Aug 9, 2013
Cleveland,OH
I honestly don't think considerate behavior by vapers will mean much at all to future of where we can vape. The laws and regulations and taxes will come regardless.
My wife, a smoker, got laid off after 32yrs in the same job...looking for a new job, she is shocked by the number of employers who not only drug test, but test for nicotine.

JayEatsAirplane

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
The only place I vape that's different from where I smoked is at my desk. Got the approval from my supervisor. Don't vape anywhere else in the building though, avoid the hassle of causing problems. I vape walking down the street, waiting for the train, in my car, at home and anywhere else that will allow it.

Ch!pDasRipp3r

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2013
Pennsylvania
It's funny reading this while currently vaping at a Dunkin Donuts and enjoying a coolatta haha.
I find that most coffee shops, especially the Indy ones don't mind!
I get more questions and intrigued looks than looks of disapproval!
u7yte7e4.jpg

fretplayer20

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Mobile, AL
i cant be the only one who has had public vaping experiences! c'mon guys, dont be shy! :vapor:

Just saw the thread and I actually had a conversation with a buddy on this 3 or 4 days ago. At first I thought it was just acceptable due to ill-research I did for myself and blindly following commercials for Blu. It wasn't due to stupidity, it's just what I learned by association when I thought about smoking these. Recently though I feel a little intrusive if I pull it out in a store or restaurant. I will generally only vape in public in my car, outdoors, or indoors when there are no other people around.

What I really think happens when our fellow vapers let loose when/where they feel is that other people, specifically non-smokers who have no idea what that device even is, feel like they need to move away. Simply put, I truthfully think it provides a negative image to the general population about vaping. No one wants to lean in and sniff that cloud of vapor to see that it's not going to make them choke or that it doesn't smell like a traditional ...., so they run from it. They probably even tell their friends about their encounter with the rude guy at <insert favorite restaurant>.

I do think that this will turn around, but I think everyone needs to be cautious of this type of scenario, especially while vaping is still up and coming. We don't want to be looked at the same as smokers. We want to be looked at as that enormous movement of people who helped get people away from traditional cigarettes. It may not be as healthy as quitting, but I definitely don't consider myself a "smoker" anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread