Last edited:

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
I use sonic cleaner on everything on my GGTS Stainless steel with Brass connectors. The after cycle is done I do a toothpaste and scrub on my brass contacts and the threads on the stainless steel. Wash it out all in hot hot hot water. Leaves that connectivity so good oh man GGTS hits harder Mmm.

LongHaul

Howdy Y'All
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Bradenton, Florida
I use enough hot tap water to cover the parts, with a squirt of blue dawn dish soap for the GGTS, and add a shot of PGA or vodka for attys for sterilization. Works very well for me!

How well does the vodka and attys work I have a couple 357's I was going to try it on

gtbb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Cape Coral,Florida
I have been using warm tap water with a tiny amount of Dawn on my GG's for a little over a year now. For my brass pieces I'll add a small amount of vinegar to the already solution. You must be careful of rubber o-rings and vinegar for too long WILL make them swell out of size.
All the sonic cleaner solutions that I have used in the beginning are no better than Dawn and or vinegar I use now. As far as cleaning a HH357 I wouldn't even think about it. It will vibrate the connections off in no time.

LongHaul

Howdy Y'All
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Bradenton, Florida
Holy crap fartman I am so sorry that I didn't get a ultrasonic cleaner sooner!!!! I used a hot water, apple cider vinegar and a touch of dawn with a baking soda bath after, WOW is all I can say. I'm really speechless at the difference it has made. It's not like a good polish it's better its like it was the day I first put a battery in it.

If you don't have one GET ONE the difference is AMAZING.

LongHaul

Howdy Y'All
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Bradenton, Florida
My SS I did for about 15-20 min

Brass wasn't that bad so only 10 min or so
a2a4y6yt.jpg

It was black and still has a tad bit of old polishing compound in it but everything else came out. Didn't really do anything until I added the vinegar then it cleaned pretty quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread