Status
Not open for further replies.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
you can either touch both posts - or the base of your atomiser - one lead on the threads and my favourite - one on the centre hole!

What you are trying to do is to make sure you do not have a short or no connection at all - one = no vape and the other = death to your battery and depending on your mod - that too.
I take the possibility so seriously i measure all my coils at least twice, once on that little black doohdah (technical huh?) and again with a real meter.

Did i mention rampant paranoia - anyway - if you do screw it up this is what will happen...the spring in your Reo will over heat and die and your battery will fall away from the firing pin. New springs are $4 and i have never messed one up yet. But get one just in case!
The spring collapses - it is not reusable, but it will save you from blowing your face off! oh happy day!

You had better fix the short before you go again and most of the time it's a crap coil touching metal - here's one i made earlier - see that bit of wire in the bottom? Not cool!

rhcoil.jpg

T

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
You'll get used to the airy draw. Really good looking coil. I usually use a little less cotton than that in mine, but if it's hitting great, it's all good. I daresay you'll be "playing" coil-maker quite a bit here in the beginning. It seems like we can't just make a good one and leave it alone.....we have to keep on making good ones.... :lol: When someone asks how long a coil will last, it's hard to answer that question for many of us because we can't leave one alone long enough to find out. :)

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
If you want to just *taste* a flavor or two, you can just take the drip tip off and drip down onto the coil. It'll be a little blended with the juice you're squonking....but it's easier than changing bottles, and it'll give you a little change. A lot of my juices are similar enough that it doesn't bother me to sorta blend them for a hit or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread