Pulse 24 RDA whistling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazuko

May 17, 2018
France
Hi everyone,

So I bought a Pulse BF Kit today, and I can't help but notice the rda (Pulse 24) is whistling when the airflow is wide open. I can mute it when I open only one hole, not even fully, but the draw is way too restrictive for me.

Has anyone else have this problem?
Also, is there an easy way to fix this? I guess re-drilling would do the job, but I don't have a drill, and I'm not particularly a handy guy... The only idea I have would be to scratch the holes to maybe remove an invisible "dent" that would cause this, but I'm really not sure it'd work (I'm actually pretty sure it won't)

I should point out, I've already tried to builds on this, and I've had the whistle on both. I may set my coils too high, even though this one is a bit lower than the previous one. Still, if the build could be the cause, let me know, and I'll post a picture of it

Edit : the whistle came back with the one open hole, I just opened both wide, and it doesn't whistle. Seems like juice condensation helps muting it, as it seems moving the top cap solves it for a few draws...

Last edited:

Kazuko

May 17, 2018
France
Here are pics to help you see how I built it

IMG_0557.png
IMG_0558.png

I set those coils yesterday late, so I kinda rushed them. Thinking back, I thing they're way too low and too centered. I'll try and build another set of coils, placing them closer to the airflow and higher, hoping squonking won't cause leaks... (I like to squonk to the point where the juice goes around the coils, not only on the wick tails)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread