Status
Not open for further replies.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
So, I have had two Pulse 80w mods for a while (updated to the current firmware) and always used the same two Nudge 22 RDAs on the mods, with no issues.

Today I switched out the Nudge RDAs for two new Recurve RDAs. One of the mods is working fine, the other however, asks for a new/old coil confirmation after sitting for a short while. Anyone know what might be happening?

Reactions: stols001

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North

I built one from stainless steel clapton wire and one from kanthal clapton - the kanthal coil is the one acting up.

tighten the coil post screw

Check all of your connections on the rda. Post screws, 510 pin, and make sure the 510 connection is clean.

I did this - the leads seemed tight but I torqued them down a bit more and one screw barely moved. Restarted the mod and it seems to have worked over night.

If it happens again I'm going to swap the RDAs between the two mods and see if the "problem" moves with the RDA, but so far tweaking the lead screws seems to have corrected the issue.

Thanks for the replies. :)

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I had this exact issue, and realized it was me. Are you sure you are selecting 'new coil'?

If you don't, the mod will resample/check the resistance, but only after the chip goes into sleep mode. So if you have sleep mode set to 30 mins, select no when putting on a new atmoizer (even only slightly different resistance), it will run fine until the mod goes to sleep in 30 mins of no activity. Then, fire it, and it wakes up and resamples.

Seems obvious, but I've done this many times when swapping RDAs with the same build in them. Either trying to avoid having to adjust wattage by NOT picking 'new coil', or not thinking to select new coil. Then, after the mod sleeps, it will ask again. Even with build being like 0.4 and 0.41 ohms, it will trigger the message after sleeping. I make sure now to ALWAYS select new coil when swapping the RDA and haven't had this issue since.

Also, the Recurve has a longer 510 pin than the Nudge. If I have the Recurve on and switch to the Nudge, it won't always read. I always take my bottle out and press on the bottom of the pin you connect the bottle to. Push the '510 pin' of the mod back up essentially. Then the new RDA always registers and reseats the pin where it needs it.

The 510 really doesn't seem to be spring loaded, I think it sits on a o-ring. So it doesn't always spring all the way back up if you remove an atty that has a longer pin on it.

At least that's my experiences.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I had this exact issue, and realized it was me. Are you sure you are selecting 'new coil'?

If you don't, the mod will resample/check the resistance, but only after the chip goes into sleep mode. So if you have sleep mode set to 30 mins, select no when putting on a new atmoizer (even only slightly different resistance), it will run fine until the mod goes to sleep in 30 mins of no activity. Then, fire it, and it wakes up and resamples.

Seems obvious, but I've done this many times when swapping RDAs with the same build in them. Either trying to avoid having to adjust wattage by NOT picking 'new coil', or not thinking to select new coil. Then, after the mod sleeps, it will ask again. Even with build being like 0.4 and 0.41 ohms, it will trigger the message after sleeping. I make sure now to ALWAYS select new coil when swapping the RDA and haven't had this issue since.

Also, the Recurve has a longer 510 pin than the Nudge. If I have the Recurve on and switch to the Nudge, it won't always read. I always take my bottle out and press on the bottom of the pin you connect the bottle to. Push the '510 pin' of the mod back up essentially. Then the new RDA always registers and reseats the pin where it needs it.

The 510 really doesn't seem to be spring loaded, I think it sits on a o-ring. So it doesn't always spring all the way back up if you remove an atty that has a longer pin on it.

At least that's my experiences.

Thanks. I may have been hitting the wrong button, and then finally hit the correct button without realizing it, but the mod is working fine now. I will definitely make sure I select yes in the future.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Thanks. I may have been hitting the wrong button, and then finally hit the correct button without realizing it, but the mod is working fine now. I will definitely make sure I select yes in the future.
No problems. This happened to me when using attys with the same coil, of course overall resistance slightly different. I then realized I was hitting no. I played with sleep time and saw that the chip had to completley sleep before it would resample the resistance. This makes it appear random since sometimes the chip may not go to sleep all day depending on your sleep setting and how often you vape.

Once I figured it out, I felt stupid, lol. Haven't had the issue since. Even with two RDAs and the same build, I always pick 'new coil', adjust my wattage, and haven't seen it since.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread