Pure Vapes has 3ml FlavourArt flavorings

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
hahaha thats ok once you try the rum it will keep you busy for awhile. Its good either way. I shake and vape most things these days. after a couple days everything does mellow out a little bit and blend a bit tho. if you tried it with the orange this time try it without next time. :) I like it both ways but orange gives it bit more kick and TH. I like a good little kick. without orange its very smooth. mmmmm biscochitos

Wllmc, your crockpot called, and it's lonely. lol.

I have a bottle of your biscochitos without wine, with orange, called it 'Wllmc's Cookies'. I vape it like that or sometimes add a drop of Lime Cold-Pressed or Lemon Sicily. It puts pep in my step.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Maybe I'll have to get some mad fruit with my next order. Just mixing fruits together does not seem to get the job done for me--I have tried adding koolada and that helps but still Im missing something

ew. I haven't found a use for Mad Fruit myself. I don't like energy drinks (that's what coffee is for, imo), but I was curious, so I got a sample.

FA Gin will give fruits some life. I used to use Koolada all the time, but lately I just don't like it.

Lime Tahiti (or Distilled, or whatever they've decided to call the one that isn't Cold-Pressed) is a zippy lime flavor I like with other fruits.

FA Anise (hey - don't stop reading because of preconceived notions of the flavor!) used at 0.25-0.5% with fruits add a cool touch plus sweetness you taste on your tongue on the inhale. It's great with fruits, especially citrus. I promise and swear it isn't licorice. It's totally worth a try at $1.50!

Atlantisboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2012
USA
Rainbow sherbet = Lemon Sicily, Raspberry, and Lime Cold-Pressed, right?
I would be tempted to get that balance right, then try various additions for fizziness. FA Cola is an awesome flavor as the main ingredient. I've never tried it as an addition, but it's sure worth a shot. Maybe add 1% or 1.5% to your fruits.

I personally would use a lemon-lime soda flavor. I have a TFA flavoring called "Mountain Dew" that would be perfect. It's a great version of the drink as a standalone, bubbly and snappy. It's no longer on their website (trademark issue with the name, I'm sure) but I think it's the one they now call "Lemon Lime", which is also custard-note-free. Maybe drop them a note asking if Lemon Lime is Mountain Dew's new name.

I haven't tried FA's newly-announced-for-vaping Champagne flavor, either. I'll eventually order it direct to make sure I get the new version, but that's a definite possibility for your recipe. Their Cola is so bubbly, I'm sure they did Campagne right, too.

TFA's Champagne doesn't show any custard note ingredients: Perfumer's Apprentice I have it but rarely use it, so can't offer a lot of advice there.

Thanks for the advice HIC, lots to work on there:) I will look into that TPA flavor to start.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Who else likes to vape Pina Colada?

I used to like Halo's Malibu. When I got too cheap to buy it, I collected pineapple and coconut flavors to try to copy it. Some tasted similar but melted plastic tanks (Malibu does not). Eventually I found Flavor West's Pina Colada made a great copy. That was long ago, and I got tired of pina coladas, stashed it all away.

Recently I dug out that box. Malibu was stronger than I remembered, waaay too much flavoring for my tastes now. My FW version is a pretty good clone, so it's also too much flavoring.

I finally made an all-FA Pina Colada. My first attempt suits me fine:

1.5% FA Pineapple
1.5% FA Coconut
0.5% FA Rum
0.25% FA Menthol (tried with and without, surprised I like it better with)

Less than 1/3 the flavoring of my FW recipe, but plenty strong for me. If I doubled the percents it would match Malibu's strength, yet still be less flavoring than I think Halo uses. This is much smoother, like coconut cream/milk with fresh pineapple juice and a little hint of rum.

Anyone do anything unique with their Pina Colada? I'm thinking a little swirl of Lime Tahiti would be good...I'm in a lime mood.

Heabob

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
Bay City, Michigan
Rainbow sherbet = Lemon Sicily, Raspberry, and Lime Cold-Pressed, right?
I would be tempted to get that balance right, then try various additions for fizziness. FA Cola is an awesome flavor as the main ingredient. I've never tried it as an addition, but it's sure worth a shot. Maybe add 1% or 1.5% to your fruits.

I personally would use a lemon-lime soda flavor. I have a TFA flavoring called "Mountain Dew" that would be perfect. It's a great version of the drink as a standalone, bubbly and snappy. It's no longer on their website (trademark issue with the name, I'm sure) but I think it's the one they now call "Lemon Lime", which is also custard-note-free. Maybe drop them a note asking if Lemon Lime is Mountain Dew's new name.

I haven't tried FA's newly-announced-for-vaping Champagne flavor, either. I'll eventually order it direct to make sure I get the new version, but that's a definite possibility for your recipe. Their Cola is so bubbly, I'm sure they did Campagne right, too.

TFA's Champagne doesn't show any custard note ingredients: Perfumer's Apprentice I have it but rarely use it, so can't offer a lot of advice there.

Lol, I'm vaping a Rainbow Sherbet right now from MBV, and it's just so so.

Gonna have to fiddle a little with it...

Taste on my finger is real good but vaping has a strange, to me, flavor.

Description reads Orange, Lemon, & Wild Cherry

Heabob

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
Bay City, Michigan
Lol, I'm vaping a Rainbow Sherbet right now from MBV, and it's just so so.

Gonna have to fiddle a little with it...

Taste on my finger is real good but vaping has a strange, to me, flavor.

Description reads Orange, Lemon, & Wild Cherry

Tasted a drop of FA Lime Cold Pressed on my finger, and that seems to be the same strange flavor that I only get whilst vaping it.

So it must have some lime in it too.

Think I like HIC's idea better.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
You Rainbow (sherbet) chasers have a big decision to make. lol! Every company uses a different flavor combination:

Baskin-Robbins is pineapple, orange, raspberry
Turkey Hill Dairy (whoever they are) is raspberry, orange, lemon-lime
Blue Ribbon is orange, lemon, lime
Braums is orange, lime, raspberry
Dreyer's 'Tropical Rainbow' is pineapple, orange, key lime
Dreyer's 'Berry Rainbow' is raspberry, blackberry, orange

etc. I guess just pick your favorite three! (MBV loses - nobody uses wild cherry in rainbow sherbet)

Heabob

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
Bay City, Michigan
You Rainbow (sherbet) chasers have a big decision to make. lol! Every company uses a different flavor combination:

Baskin-Robbins is pineapple, orange, raspberry
Turkey Hill Dairy (whoever they are) is raspberry, orange, lemon-lime
Blue Ribbon is orange, lemon, lime
Braums is orange, lime, raspberry
Dreyer's 'Tropical Rainbow' is pineapple, orange, key lime
Dreyer's 'Berry Rainbow' is raspberry, blackberry, orange

etc. I guess just pick your favorite three! (MBV loses - nobody uses wild cherry in rainbow sherbet)

Figures, lol.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Lime Tahiti (or Distilled, or whatever they've decided to call the one that isn't Cold-Pressed) is a zippy lime flavor I like with other fruits.
FA Anise. It's great with fruits, especially citrus. I promise and swear it isn't licorice. It's totally worth a try at $1.50!

I love the Lime Tahiti .. it's much "sharper" than the regular Lime
I have a friend who mixes Lime Tahiti and Peppermint for her hubby.
It's been his ADV for 3 years now.
If anyone tries it, be careful, the Peppermint will overpower the Lime ..

I'm not a Licorice fan, other than popping (maybe) 1 black jelly bean and then I'm done for the next 20 years !
But ... I got the Anise, and it's a super mild sweet vape, so I liked it, not the strong licorice I was afraid it would be.
I had a test sample of Crème de Menthe (solo) I was almost finished with, and about the same amount of Anise (solo), so I poured the Anise into the Crème de Menthe tank... good mix, great vape, very interesting flavor.

Liquid Amber has no real flavor of it's own.
I add it to some of my fruit flavors to give them "body", and it helps to blend flavors together if your mixing combo's. "Smooth" is another good one.
I use several different mild tobaccos that way .. you don't taste the tobacco, but it really effects the outcome of the mix.

I've heard that Champagne adds "fizz", but I haven't tried it
Also, I'm told that TFA "Triacetin" (an additive, not a flavor) is good for creating "fizz' too.

Back to lurk'in

Last edited:

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
4% Banana
.5% Walnut
1% Vanilla Classic
3% TFA Whipped Cream (a tad of sweet, a lot of fluff)

I'm liking this. HIC, the Banana is very present. Didn't try it without walnut, but never would've considered adding it without your recommendation.

wllmc, just add rum.

(Catalan or Ceylon could be good in this.)

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Does anyone know a good FA substitute (or combo of FA's) for TPA Vanilla Swirl?
I saw HIC mention he does not use these TPA vanilla flavours any more and uses FA's instead.

After using FA's Vanillas, I don't like that Vanilla Swirl any more. It tastes too artificial by comparison. I use FA vanillas and creams to replace it - various combinations depending on the intended use.

Vanilla Classic, Vanilla Bourbon, or a combination - Bourbon is deeper, classic is brighter, so they combine very well
Fresh Cream, Vienna Cream, or a combination - Fresh Cream is fluffy and light, Vienna is sweet with vanilla (and egg, imo), so they combine well.

If you're trying to flavor-match TFA's Vanilla Swirl, I'd use a 2:1 ratio of Vienna Cream to Fresh Cream, add mostly Vanilla Classic with a little Vanilla Bourbon.

FA's Catalan Cream is not really part of a Vanilla Swirl flavor, but it's sometimes a better recipe ingredient than the above. All in one flavor, you get the cream, vanilla, some caramel, and a hint of sweet cinnamon. Not the same as Vanilla Swirl, obviously - but put the two as standalone flavors, side by side, and Catalan's sure my favorite. I also prefer plain Vienna Cream to Vanilla Swirl, and often vape that one standalone. It's like unspiced eggnog, or the sweet vanilla goo inside good pastries.

After using FA's Vanillas, I don't like that Vanilla Swirl any more. It tastes too artificial by comparison. I use FA vanillas and creams to replace it - various combinations depending on the intended use.

Vanilla Classic, Vanilla Bourbon, or a combination - Bourbon is deeper, classic is brighter, so they combine very well
Fresh Cream, Vienna Cream, or a combination - Fresh Cream is fluffy and light, Vienna is sweet with vanilla (and egg, imo), so they combine well.

If you're trying to flavor-match TFA's Vanilla Swirl, I'd use a 2:1 ratio of Vienna Cream to Fresh Cream, add mostly Vanilla Classic with a little Vanilla Bourbon.

FA's Catalan Cream is not really part of a Vanilla Swirl flavor, but it's sometimes a better recipe ingredient than the above. All in one flavor, you get the cream, vanilla, some caramel, and a hint of sweet cinnamon. Not the same as Vanilla Swirl, obviously - but put the two as standalone flavors, side by side, and Catalan's sure my favorite. I also prefer plain Vienna Cream to Vanilla Swirl, and often vape that one standalone. It's like unspiced eggnog, or the sweet vanilla goo inside good pastries.

Hey, thanks so much for the info. I'm gonna give it a go with the Catalan first and see how it works out, if not I will try some of the combos you suggested. I'm trying to make a FA version of this so if you had any ideas for substituting the Vanilla Custard or Orange Cream i'd love to hear them.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Exceptionally scrumptious, must-try bakery recipe. My favorite peach vape, ever!

peach-amaretti.jpg

PEACH AMARETTI CRUMBLE
(amaretto-infused juicy peaches baked in Italian amaretti cookie streusel)
1.5% FA Peach - white, regular, or ideally a combination
1% TFA Brown Sugar Extra
0.5% FA Cinnamon Ceylon
0.5% FA Catalan Cream (Vienna Cream will also work)
0.5% FA Caramel
0.5% FA Marzipan
0.5% FA Cookie *

Amaretto flavor comes from Marzipan, Caramel, and the vanilla in Catalan or Vienna. (FA Almond that my Amaretto Disaronno recipe uses is not needed when peach is present. By the way, you cannot use Almond in place of Marzipan!)

* 0.5% FA Cookie gives amaretto two flavors at once. You taste those crunchy Italian amaretti cookies and also Amaretto diSoronno liqueur. It's a perfect balance. If you leave out Cookie, you get amaretto-baked-peaches. At 1-1.5% Cookie, you taste amaretti cookies with peaches and no liqueur. It's all good, but 0.5% is the magic spot.

Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Ceylon are far in the background, just enough to 'bake' the peaches and add some streusel.

Shake and vape! It's still delicious after 24 hours and will likely be gone before it gets any older.

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
I'm trying to make a FA version of this so if you had any ideas for substituting the Vanilla Custard or Orange Cream i'd love to hear them.

I've never tried Mother's Milk, and I have no idea how this person's clone of it tastes, but I have a few suggestions about translating their ingredients into FA.

I'd look at the 7% Capella's Vanilla Custard, 2% TFA Vanilla Swirl, and 0.2% TFA Orange Cream all together. Aim under 4% FA flavoring to replace this trio. (FA creams can warp into unpleasantness if you over 4%) To get a hint of orange flavor, I'd use 0.2% FA Mandarin. If the orange is more of an effect than a flavor, then I'd use 0.1% FA Orange. The creams used have no fluff at all, so I would avoid FA Fresh Cream. My first attempt would use 2.5% Vienna Cream and 0.5% Vanilla Classic.

FA doesn't have dragonfruit flavor, so I'd keep that ingredient as it is.

FA's Strawberry is a fresh berry flavor, while Capella's is candy-like to me. I think this will change the resulting flavor a lot, but you'll have to see what you think. I'd start with 2% FA Strawberry.

I'd totally leave out the sucralose, which adds an aftertaste and fades with time. If you need extra sweetener with the recipe, I'd start with the same measurement of FA Meringue to do the job better.

So my first-whack recipe would be:
2% FA Strawberry
2.5% FA Vienna Cream
0.5% FA Vanilla Classic
0.5% TFA Dragonfruit
0.2% FA Pear
0.1% FA Orange or 0.2% FA Mandarin
possibly a little FA Meringue to sweeten, but only after trying it first

That's just under 6% total flavoring, looks like a reasonable first crack. This would definitely taste different than the recipe you linked to - no custard note ingredients and FA's life-like strawberry - but you never know when such changes will actually be an improvement over the original. I hope you'll post back with your progress!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread