Pure Vapes has 3ml FlavourArt flavorings

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
anyone have any ideas for replacing TFA dulce de leche with flavor art flavors ? its in my favorite recipe and I have never tried it alone lol. I could easily do that but why not ask the FA crowd.

Vienna Cream plus Caramel is what I'd do. If the recipe can take cinnamon, then Catalan Cream plus Caramel would be even better. What cha makin??

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
What are the must haves?

My top 10 most used FlavorArts, no particular order: cocoa, vienna cream, vanilla bourbon, anise, irish cream, rum, lime, butterscotch, lemon sicily.....followed closely by mandarin, peach, and peppermint. Oddly, tiramisu and espresso don't make the list, because when I use them, I use such a very tiny amount. My 10ml vials of those are still 2/3 full after 6+ months.

wllmc

Moved On
Oct 29, 2013
colorado springs co
my jamacian custard recipe. thats the only thing left in it that has custard notes....its my all time favorite vape so simple but perfect in every way especially after at least 2 weeks. or 4 hrs in UC or CP and left alone for 3-5 more days. you probably know lol
oh what the heck here it goes.

Jamaican custard

10% caps vanilla custard V2

3% FA jamaican rum

2% dulce de leche

Vienna Cream plus Caramel is what I'd do. If the recipe can take cinnamon, then Catalan Cream plus Caramel would be even better. What cha makin??

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
I'm at a total disadvantage with that Jamaican Custard, wllmc. I've never tried that Capella Flavor. Just my guess, I'd use Vienna Cream for sure, sniff and choose Vanilla Classic or Bourbon, add a little Caramel or maybe Butterscotch instead. B'scotch is sweeter, but with all that cream, it would taste like a sweet caramel. Besides the obvious 'custard note', I think that would include all the flavors you have in there.

wllmc

Moved On
Oct 29, 2013
colorado springs co
Kellogg's Special K Vanilla Crisp Cereal Bar.jpg

holy vanilla crisp !!!!!! man ok so I just snuck one of these out of the cabinet. this will be my next vape. one of the best things I have ever ate lol. Mrs. C is not going to be happy when I eat the whole box for vape science lol.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Hey... when did FA reformulate Pistacchio? Is this news?

Yep, you're the first to spot that one! We2 found Champagne not long ago, same deal. FA is apparently releasing some new reformulations. I'm going to wait a while for their website to quit changing and place a direct order to be sure I get the new versions. Spumoni ice cream, yeah!!

I notice the inhalation warning is not on Thyme (water-soluble) or Rosemary (they spelled it 'Rosmary') any more. Maybe those were already okay, but they're not listed in the e-cig flavor section. Maybe they figure nobody wants to vape those flavors. Too bad Chicken isn't okay - wllmc could spice up his Roasted Chicken supply, lol.

Last edited:

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
La Tuscano - LATAKIA 30% TUSCAN RESERVE 30% DARK VAPURE 15% ALMOND 5% BLACK FIRE 10% CARAMEL 10%

Mixed at 2.5% this morning and stuck it in the crock pot.... drip,drip,drip..... WOW! I think this is going to be a favorite of mine!

Just ordered/received another 30-40 flavors, and no Tuscan Reserve. Damn, always seems to be one missing...

Might TFA's Cubano be a reasonable substitute?

Last edited:

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
Just ordered/received another 30-40 flavors, and no Tuscan Reserve. Damn, always seems to be one missing...

Might TFA's Cubano be a reasonable substitute?

Try it if you dare, but I've read a couple of reviews of TFA's Cubano that say it's ultra-harsh-strong (as in "M-Type-ish 8-o).

The Tuscan Reserve is a VERY "soft" cigar flavor; FA's Cuban Supreme is much 'harder' and more cigar-ish than the Tuscan. If you have that, it might be a closer substitute - but I'd use 25%-50% less of the Cuban Supreme than the Tuscan for starters.

:::reminder to self::: be sure to order a 30ml bottle of the Tuscan soon.

Smokachino

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Texas, USA
Hi everyone, just have a quick question for the FA experts (and apologies if it's already been answered - I have been following the thread but it's possible I missed it): If I'm not tasting the flavors at lower percentages, how much should they be bumped . . . .5%, 1%? I tried adding a couple of drops to some mixes, but would really just like to start over with increased percentages but definitely don't want to add more than necessary.

Thanks in advance for any tips/advice! :)

downInTn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Tennessee
Hi everyone, just have a quick question for the FA experts (and apologies if it's already been answered - I have been following the thread but it's possible I missed it): If I'm not tasting the flavors at lower percentages, how much should they be bumped . . . .5%, 1%? I tried adding a couple of drops to some mixes, but would really just like to start over with increased percentages but definitely don't want to add more than necessary.

I'm no expert but I usually will use 0.5% increments. It seems easy to miss/skip-over the sweet spot with FA flavors.

wllmc

Moved On
Oct 29, 2013
colorado springs co

just curious what flavors and what you are mixing them into. like down in says .5 can change it..... I go +/- .5-1% to adjust. they say some of the tobaccos are even crazier tho, like point 2 up or down can totally change..

Heabob

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
Bay City, Michigan

FA brands I would add 1-2 drops, shake, and leave it for a few days, try it, repeat (2 drops should be close to .5ml).
Keep record of drops added for future mix, (you can convert drops to percent later).

Hermit

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
UK
Yep, you're the first to spot that one! We2 found Champagne not long ago, same deal. FA is apparently releasing some new reformulations. I'm going to wait a while for their website to quit changing and place a direct order to be sure I get the new versions. Spumoni ice cream, yeah!!

Searching for 'NEW!' or 'anymore' should find any more that turn up :)

I made an order on Friday - bit annoyed I didn't spot it before then! I love pistachio. Mmmm...

main.jpg

I notice the inhalation warning is not on Thyme (water-soluble) or Rosemary (they spelled it 'Rosmary') any more. Maybe those were already okay, but they're not listed in the e-cig flavor section. Maybe they figure nobody wants to vape those flavors. Too bad Chicken isn't okay - wllmc could spice up his Roasted Chicken supply, lol.

Pizza (water soluble) has no warning as well. Quite happy to give that one a miss though!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread