Pushing my buttons...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...I'm posting this in case any other REO noobs out there experience what I did. I found that I was pushing my mini's button too hard. The connection was sliding over the battery. I actually thought something was wrong with my mini and even went so far as to email the Master: redyedancer. But after looking at it this morning, I realize it was simply operator error. And you know, that's the thing I LOVE :hubba: about my REOs...how non-threatening it really is. No fancy gizmos to deal with: you push the button and it connects with the battery. End of story

I fully admit to jumping the gun and going into panic mode. But, as I'm sure most of you will understand, the thought of having to deal with wicks and cartos sends me to the dark place.

Have a great weekend.
-Jenny

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
It is common for noob Reonauts to be button mashers!

If there is one thing they need to know it is this:

Hold your REO with the atty/carto next to your ear. Push the button slowly, and lightly until you hear it fire. That point is as far as you need to push it! You should not be getting a sore spot on your thumb or finger from pushing the button! Pushing it down further than needed can result in bending of the firing mechanism over time.

Take it easy peeps!

It is common for noob Reonauts to be button mashers!

If there is one thing they need to know it is this:

Hold your REO with the atty/carto next to your ear. Push the button slowly, and lightly until you hear it fire. That point is as far as you need to push it! You should not be getting a sore spot on your thumb or finger from pushing the button! Pushing it down further than needed can result in bending of the firing mechanism over time.

Take it easy peeps!

Thanks! I'll lighten up

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
So...I'm posting this in case any other REO noobs out there experience what I did. I found that I was pushing my mini's button too hard. The connection was sliding over the battery. I actually thought something was wrong with my mini and even went so far as to email the Master: redyedancer. But after looking at it this morning, I realize it was simply operator error. And you know, that's the thing I LOVE :hubba: about my REOs...how non-threatening it really is. No fancy gizmos to deal with: you push the button and it connects with the battery. End of story

I fully admit to jumping the gun and going into panic mode. But, as I'm sure most of you will understand, the thought of having to deal with wicks and cartos sends me to the dark place.

Have a great weekend.
-Jenny

Yes no more back to the dark days of Carto Filler, and slow wicking Clearomizers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread