Put down that E-cigarette!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris From Cali

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
well that sucks, looks like it could be a long time. So...who's gonna sign up for the study? ha ha I'm down.

You know what would be great...I've heard that they pay people to take studies as there are risks, how great would it be if they had an ad

"Come take part in e cig test bla bla bla $500 bucks"

I'd be on it like white on rice :)

GoldenP51

Feb 8, 2009
...what we need to do is get Universities to do the studies. It would make a GREAT graduate student project or a good project for a University professor trying to gain some attention.

Great minds think alike! :D

And Chris...you would more than likely get paid to be part of a study if chosen. Rarely are participants not paid...except in college...then they are given extra credit for classes instead...but they won't just need a student population to study...and I doubt a board would allow student participation in a smoking or vaping study anyway for ethical reasons...it wouldn't get approved, they would more than likely have to go to the general population.

Last edited:

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
Everything on the internet is 100% true, so there ;)

i cant stop my self from saying this put if the above statement is true then i finally found the best way to e-smoke... that is to put your juice in a frying pan flame on high and put a towel over your head and the pan the cheapest device out there :):evil:

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
i cant stop my self from saying this put if the above statement is true then i finally found the best way to e-smoke... that is to put your juice in a frying pan flame on high and put a towel over your head and the pan the cheapest device out there :):evil:
I must get one of those frying pan things and a couple of gallons of eliquid ;)8-o

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
A company with the financial clout of Ruyan should offer a free month's supply of Ruyan Jazz e-cigarettes to any smoker over age 18 willing to take part in a survey/study on the devices.

The results would be collected and tabulated by an independent agency with a strong health orientation.

You want respect? Earn it.

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada

Apollotrigger

Jan 29, 2009
Memphis, TN
I wish I could share your optimism Lacey.

Unfortunately, my crystal ball says that nicotine will soon be an illegal drug (appx 10 years).

I see them going after caffeine next. Coffee and cola will probably be illegal by 2030.

I can give up the nicotine, but the first person who tries to lay a hand on my coca cola is dead.:grr:

GoldenP51

Feb 8, 2009

And here she is...nice credentials for someone that reads US News instead of actually doing some research herself :rolleyes:

summer.johnson.jpg

Lifeboat Foundation Bios: Professor Summer Johnson

edit: here is the article (more like blurb) that she based HER article off of according to her article. Note: takes forever to load so I posted the part about e-cigs and WHO from US News

http://health.usnews.com/articles/h...health-highlights-sept-21--2008.html?PageNr=2

Electronic Cigarettes Ineffective, Possibly Dangerous: WHO

So-called "electronic cigarettes" aren't an effective nicotine-replacement therapy and may be highly poisonous, warns the World Health Organization.

These devices are usually made of stainless steel and have a chamber for storing liquid nicotine in various concentrations. The devices produce a fine, heated mist that's absorbed into the lungs, United Press International reported.

"It's 100 percent false to affirm this is a therapy for smokers to quit," WHO anti-tobacco official Douglas Bettcher said. "There are a number of chemical additives in the product that could be very toxic."

The WHO is especially concerned because some manufacturers of electronic cigarettes use the WHO's name or logo on advertisements, package inserts and other promotional methods.

First developed in China in 2004, electronic cigarettes are now sold in several countries, including Brazil, Britain, Canada, Finland and Turkey, UPI reported.

I also wanted to add God forbid she read the actual WHO report herself and instead site US News as her source...not like it was a long statement by the WHO again :rolleyes:

WHO | Marketers of electronic cigarettes should halt unproved therapy claims

Last edited:

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
And here she is...nice credentials for someone that reads US News instead of actually doing some research herself :rolleyes:

summer.johnson.jpg

Lifeboat Foundation Bios: Professor Summer Johnson

edit: here is the article (more like blurb) that she based HER article off of according to her article. Note: takes forever to load so I posted the part about e-cigs and WHO from US News

Health Highlights: Sept. 21, 2008 - US News and World Report

I also wanted to add God forbid she read the actual WHO report herself and instead site US News as her source...not like it was a long statement by the WHO again :rolleyes:

WHO | Marketers of electronic cigarettes should halt unproved therapy claims

Good find. This is the type of stuff that RTV needs because when Dr. Johnson's statements are cross referenced in other articles by other doctors/researchers spreading this jargan, this is backup that it isn't her opinion, but simply a re-write. I am a blogger who re-caps articles for my blog... that's ok because I am not a doctor/scientist. Scientists/Doctors should be doing their own research, making their own statements. It is these falsities that cause problems. Damage control.

And who with a PHD sites US News? At least use CBC or something else.

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
Oh god, she looks very... "healthy". I can imagine her walking past a bar with smokers outside, sneering and fake-coughing.

I can't understand how anyone with such an unbalanced view of the world is smart enough to get a PHD ??

$20 bucks says once she launches her assault on caffeine down the road she won't look so perky.

Randall Fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Sparks, NV, USA
www.myPVshop.com
...Dr. Johnson's statements are cross referenced in other articles by other doctors/researchers spreading this jargan, this is backup that it isn't her opinion, but simply a re-write. ... Scientists/Doctors should be doing their own research, making their own statements. It is these falsities that cause problems. Damage control.

The scientific method is a vanishing concept.

Science is now using "peer-review" to inject itself into politics. In other words, "if enough of us say it, then it's fact" is the new science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread