Question about 100mg nicotine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jangles

May 19, 2018
Hey everyone,
Just wanted to know, i purchased some 100mg nicotine 100%pg.
I have made some 6mg juice i decided to make some more for my friend we added 1.8ml to 30mls to some ejuice i added it very carefully wearing gloves and glasses i squirted it in.... what we didn't realize is when we put the dropper cap back on it overflowed a bit (silly considering its now over 30ml now), we wiped it up from the table and ejuice bottle with some paper tissue and then wet wipes then put the paper zip lock bag, Did i do the appropriate steps? im sure i did not get any on my skin (i hope) i was wearing latex gloves, is it possible the nicoyine was diluted a little due to putting it in the ejuice? i didn't shake it so was it all nicotine that came out or some partly diluted nicotine?
Just a little paranoid i guess
Thanks.

Reactions: stols001

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
HI @jangles & welcome!
I came here only a few months ago looking for my answers also. Although my questions change as I progress and learn more, I still regularly ask questions.
we added 1.8ml to 30mls to some Ejuice
Do you mean you added 1.8 ml additional nicotine to 30 ml of juice you mixed for yourself?

we wiped it up from the table and ejuice bottle with some paper tissue and then wet wipes then put the paper zip lock bag, Did i do the appropriate steps?
If your certain you cleaned it up completely, I’m sure you’ll have no issues. Although there’s plenty of ways to clean spills, I use clorox wipes and dispose into a step to open (self closing) lid trash can next to my mixing station.

im sure i did not get any on my skin (i hope) i was wearing latex gloves
Happy to hear you’re wearing gloves! Apparently everyone doesn’t. I also wear sleeves. In the case of a spill on my arm, I don’t want to hope I wash it off in time. I’d MUCH rather tear off my sleeves while running to wash, just to be sure, should it have soaked through. Sometimes I use a long sleeve unbuttoned button up shirt for this. I also wear small safety glasses.

is it possible the nicoyine was diluted a little due to putting it in the ejuice?
I don’t understand this question. Apologies!
I don’t see it being diluted by only putting it in your ejuice. However...

i didn't shake it so was it all nicotine that came out or some partly diluted nicotine?
PG weighs less than VG. So, depending on the VG/PG ration you started with, a significant amount would indeed sit atop. (Slightly comparible to putting oil and water in a container.) So I’d say most likely yes, mostly nicotine was lost.

I’d be more than happy to help in any way I can. The only dumb questions are the one’s not asked. Hope this helps!:)

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hey everyone,
Just wanted to know, i purchased some 100mg nicotine 100%pg.
I have made some 6mg juice i decided to make some more for my friend we added 1.8ml to 30mls to some Ejuice i added it very carefully wearing gloves and glasses i squirted it in.... what we didn't realize is when we put the dropper cap back on it overflowed a bit (silly considering its now over 30ml now), we wiped it up from the table and ejuice bottle with some paper tissue and then wet wipes then put the paper zip lock bag, Did i do the appropriate steps? im sure i did not get any on my skin (i hope) i was wearing latex gloves, is it possible the nicoyine was diluted a little due to putting it in the ejuice? i didn't shake it so was it all nicotine that came out or some partly diluted nicotine?
Just a little paranoid i guess
Thanks.

Hi Jangles. Welcome to the ECF.

It sounds like you did Everything like you should have. With the Exception of the Spill (LOL). But Spills can Happen. So I'll give you an Invaluable Tip that I learned the Hard Way.

And that is to Always work over a Lipped Tray/Oven Pan when Mixing.

If you Knock over a Bottle of 100mg/ml Nicotine Base (which I have done) and you are working over a Tray, No Big Deal. Just Calmly recap the Bottle and then take everything into the Kitchen and Rinse Out the Tray in the Sink.

But if you Knock Over a Bottle of 100mg/ml Nicotine Base and are working directly over a Desk (which I have Also done), then you have One Big Sticky Mess to deal with.

If you don't have a Tray or Oven Pan, these are Very Nice.

Baking Sheet Set of 2, Zacfton Cookie Sheet Set & Baking Pan 2 Pieces Stainless 690006142707 | eBay

Or of course, you can get one or a set at places like Target or Wal-Mart.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Sounds like you cleaned up fine. Really, 100 mg/ml nic is pretty safe, unless pets or whatnot get into it. I use a baking sheet for all my mixes (two of them actually, one for ingredients the other for my mixes. That way, any spills are contained and minimized. I don't even wear gloves when handling nic, I find it's easier for me to "notice" if I have spilled some on myself, and don't go transferring nic everywhere. While it's good to take precautions (and I do) a drop or several of 100 mg/ml on my hand won't cause any adverse effects, I just wash it off immediately.

But your cleanup sounds fine and I wouldn't have concerns, if I were you. Sounds like you did a thorough wash up and etc.

Anna

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
It’s good to be cautious but no need to be paranoid. I agree with the baking sheet to contain spills. I wear regular glasses so I don’t bother with any other eye protection. I wear gloves to minimize contact, but I have gotten splashed. Not like it burns or anything. I just don’t care to absorb too much.

I use Clorox wipes to clean up, and my pets just naturally go into the next room and lay under the table while I mix.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
This is my opinion and my opinion only. While a splash or spill on a surface might not kill you, I personally know someone who did spill 100mg nicotine on his arm and spent two nights in the hospital. Taking wise precautions is not going over board and in my opinion extremely necessary. So, yes, 100mg nicotine can be dangerous. Why take a chance when there’s no need? I’ve splashed flavor concentrate in my eye before. It didn’t feel good and was red for a couple hours, even after thoroughly rinsing. So I advice you to do what you feel necessary to feel safe.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
Also, Dollar Tree has trays which might work for you. I have different sizes and back ups. Should I make a mess, I can just switch out until finished mixing. I originally grabbed these to hold over until I could order online. Turned out, they worked. Even though I now have others, I still use these mostly.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread