Question about acetyl Pyrazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandallFlagg

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Denver, Co, USA
I love this stuff. I have many of the little bottles from TPA, and have been trying to get something close to what they used to make in the local vape shop by my house.
I've rifled through older threads about this, but they're not very clear about origin, dilution, etc.
Does anyone here know what percentage would give me the maximum AP flavor? On a chart, one said .28. However, it's not close enough for what I'm looking for.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Reactions: Superuser187

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    According to ELR, TPA is already diluted to 5%. Recommended use is one drop per 10mls. Too much tastes like Fritos (2% or more), more is like burnt toast. Find more notes here:
    Go to Resources: Flavor List: then sort by Recipes.
    IMG_1876.PNG

Last edited:

RandallFlagg

ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2009
    Denver, Co, USA
    According to ELR, TPA is already diluted to 5%. Recommended use is one drop per 10mls. Too much tastes like Fritos (2% or more), more is like burnt toast. Find more notes here:

View attachment 942553
    Excellent. Thank you. Mixing one up now.

RandallFlagg

ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2009
    Denver, Co, USA
    I've used it in past trying to make 555 tobacco, also good for cereal and baked flavors.
    My local shop made some stuff called, "Sunrise Tobacco," that had a great AP flavor with some other things in it. Unfortunately, the feds wanted them to pay a fee for sales on every house flavor they had. I asked them for the recipe, but it was a no-go.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I love this stuff. I have many of the little bottles from TPA, and have been trying to get something close to what they used to make in the local vape shop by my house.
    I've rifled through older threads about this, but they're not very clear about origin, dilution, etc.
    Does anyone here know what percentage would give me the maximum AP flavor? On a chart, one said .28. However, it's not close enough for what I'm looking for.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

This is indispensable - and gives percentages:

DIY Additives. | E-Cigarette Forum

That's for all the additives and what they do and how much you should use in most cases and for what effect.

Acetyl Pyrazine- Sold by TPA. Used in cigarettes and cookies to impart a "toasty" taste.

At 0.5% it gives your juice a baked, toasted, or crispy note
    At 1%, it adds the taste of toasted mixed nuts.
    At 2% it adds a taste similar to Fritos corn chips.

Ester of Wood Rosin-
    Sold by FA as bitter wizard, also a main ingredient of MTS vape wizard by FA. Used in Gatorade and some colas to give a bitter note. At 0.5%, masks the flavor of vg and pg, thus only leaving the taste of your flavor mix. At 1% or higher, gives the pleasant bitter ring of colas, whiskeys, or dark chocolate.

Ethylguaiacol-
    Sold by SV and is a main ingredient of dnb drops wg by INW. Adds a smoky, ashy note to your juice. Great for making cigar, cigarette, and pipe flavors more realistic. This stuff requires a long steep in order to taste it, at least 2 weeks.

Gamma Octalactone-
    Sold by TPA and SV. This is the stuff they put in fudgesicles and other non-dairy treats to make them taste creamy. At 50ppm, it will make any juice you make extra creamy; you'd swear there's real cream in it!

WARNINGS:
    Any more than 50ppm tastes atrocious. Tpa sells it full strength, so you will need to dilute it to 1% in pg before using; then you can measure it to 0.5% of your mix.

And tons more ingredients and info... I blogged it so the information wouldn't be lost..

Last edited:

RandallFlagg

ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2009
    Denver, Co, USA
    UPDATE!!
    The FW Sunrise Tobacco is exactly the same as the shop's was. Thank you all for this. I thought I'd never be able to clone that taste.
    My Wife wants to find out if there's anything like her flavor. It was called, "Blakigers," at the shop. It has the flavor of pomegranate, blueberry and cherry.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    UPDATE!!
    The FW Sunrise Tobacco is exactly the same as the shop's was. Thank you all for this. I thought I'd never be able to clone that taste.
    My Wife wants to find out if there's anything like her flavor. It was called, "Blakigers," at the shop. It has the flavor of pomegranate, blueberry and cherry.

Yea! So glad @smacuser knew of that flavor.

To be honest, your wife's sounds like a mix of some kind, but it sounds fairly simple to clone (most fruits are easy enough) I could be wrong though, maybe someone sells a 1 shot somewhere.

If no one answers in this thread in a day or two maybe make the question as to your wife's juice a seperate thread...

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    My first inclination is that perhaps they make it with all FW flavors. Cherry might be tricky since it can easily turn into cough syrup. I punched in all three flavors into the ELR search bar and found a couple of decent recipes. All are using different flavors, but the Red Planet looks interesting, always wanted to try something with lychee.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Too much tastes like Fritos (2% or more)

So that's what that flavor was from! In my early days of vaping when I was chasing tobacco flavors, I came across quite a few juices that had that Fritos flavor and made me want to vomit. Now I know what it was - Acetyl Pyrazine. I thought it was what rancid eliquid tasted like or something lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread