Status
Not open for further replies.

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
I respectfully disagree, while technology has advanced, my main point still stands. Especially for vapers such as the OP who are only now starting out. He won't be able to replace an internal battery, he'll be learning about all other things related to vaping in the next few months.

While technology is pretty great, it will always have limits. Being able to control everything you have the knowledge to control, such as batteries, coils, wicking, the ingredients in your juice, all of that to me is incredibly important. I would much rather have control over everything myself instead of relying on technology to suit and produce my vaping experience for me.

In my humble opinion, someone's vaping experience will always be unmatched if they take the time to learn and do everything themselves. If they have the knowledge and therefore control if they wish it, over everything we use as vapers. Compared to relying on technology to do it all for them.

With advanced technology, comes ignorance. The more it does for you, the less the user is inclined to learn.

You do have some good points there, it's hard -maybe even stupid- to argue against experience or knowledge.

Too be honest I was little bit frustrated when I posted yesterday and I could have added some nuances to my post.

It's not my business what other peoples preferences are, nor do I really care. What works for you works for you and what works for me works for me, we're all different so it's good to have options.

I just get a little worked up some times when a newbie is asking for advice for a first set up and folks keep giving yesterdays advice. I just like them to know about all their options so they can make a well informed choice what would work best for them specifically, that's all.

Cheers
24639996112_5365340198_o.gif

Tivaliman

Apr 9, 2016
Hey guys! Me again back with another noob question for you beautiful people lol So, I have always used a device that was just a rechargeable pack, no interchangeable batteries whatsoever. So I was looking into maybe buying a good regulated mod but looks like most need batteries put into them, I have very little knowledge about different types of batteries, what the numbers mean, what brands are sketchy and which are reliable etc. Also, chargers and how to get the right one for that battery that won't overcharge them. So, can anyone point me to some threads that I can study or maybe give me some noob pointers? Thanks guys!
Hi buddy, how's it going?
Get a couple of efest high drain purple 18650 30a 2500mah or 3000mah depends on what wattage your " blowing the horn" lol. even at 3000mah you can quickly use up the charge, if your vaping at high wattages.
You can get them on eBay, they're always available. What mod are you looking at? How about Sigelei 75w tc, I'm looking at this, my self. I need something small to carry around with me so it's a cool choice.

Tivaliman

Apr 9, 2016
Hey guys! Me again back with another noob question for you beautiful people lol So, I have always used a device that was just a rechargeable pack, no interchangeable batteries whatsoever. So I was looking into maybe buying a good regulated mod but looks like most need batteries put into them, I have very little knowledge about different types of batteries, what the numbers mean, what brands are sketchy and which are reliable etc. Also, chargers and how to get the right one for that battery that won't overcharge them. So, can anyone point me to some threads that I can study or maybe give me some noob pointers? Thanks guys!
Also get an xtar vp1, it's less than 20 bucks might be less. It has a no gimmick digital display and charges very quickly plus the transformer is not built into the deck, it's on the plug end. This way the batteries are away from heat. Batteries and heat?... NO, no, no

Tivaliman

Apr 9, 2016
You do have some good points there, it's hard -maybe even stupid- to argue against experience or knowledge.

Too be honest I was little bit frustrated when I posted yesterday and I could have added some nuances to my post.

It's not my business what other peoples preferences are, nor do I really care. What works for you works for you and what works for me works for me, we're all different so it's good to have options.

I just get a little worked up some times when a newbie is asking for advice for a first set up and folks keep giving yesterdays advice. I just like them to know about all their options so they can make a well informed choice what would work best for them specifically, that's all.

Cheers
It's cool that you have a lot of knowledge about the technical side of things. Not forgetting, the whole thing is a hobby (for adults). And an experienced member provides a lot of confidence to the community. Chances are your helping and inspiring people and you don't know it!

Reactions: OhTheAgony

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Yes there is, and it is advised that you do not charge your mod or batteries while sleeping. They should always be in an area where you can periodically check on them. Overcharging batteries results in unnecessary heat generation and in turn results in decrease of battery longevity, and other complications such as potential fires / explosion. The longer it overcharges, the more that risk increases.
Let's step away from that idea of heat being a cause.

It's deceiving and potentially dangerous.

There is a finite voltage and potential energy each size, shape and chemistry each DC power storage device can hold.

With or without a temperature indicator, exceeding that is asking for trouble... and may spell trouble at any time.

It is VERY possible for a battery to vent or explode without any signs of heat.

Just like this one did...

100_5852_zpscf7a7d01.jpg

Tapatyped

battouter

Feb 23, 2016
Get t
Thanks guys! And thanks Baditude! When I get the down time, i'll give all of those a read! :D Side question, is there a such thing as over charging a mod? My Tesla Two has built in batteries and is just a chargeable box. Is there any harm to charging it over night while I sleep? The device takes like, 3 hours or so to charge when low.

Get the xtar vc2 or vc4, as it completely cuts off power once the battery is full.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Get a couple of efest high drain purple 18650 30a 2500mah or 3000mah depends on what wattage your " blowing the horn" lol. even at 3000mah you can quickly use up the charge, if your vaping at high wattages.
You can get them on eBay, they're always available. What mod are you looking at? How about Sigelei 75w tc, I'm looking at this, my self. I need something small to carry around with me so it's a cool choice.
There is no 30 amp 2500mah or 3000mah battery on the market currently.

I believe the efest 3000mah battery has been tested and accepted to be a 10 amp battery rewrapped.

Ebay is the last place you want to go for batteries unless it's a specific vendor with consistent, verified authentic stock.

Tapatyped

Tivaliman

Apr 9, 2016
Let's step away from that idea of heat being a cause.

It's deceiving and potentially dangerous.

There is a finite voltage and potential energy each size, shape and chemistry each DC power storage device can hold.

With or without a temperature indicator, exceeding that is asking for trouble... and may spell trouble at any time.

It is VERY possible for a battery to vent or explode without any signs of heat.

Just like this one did...

100_5852_zpscf7a7d01.jpg

Tapatyped
Holy smokes!...
To be honest, I don't know much about batteries. But I know it's similar to replacing a fuse in your wall socket or the mains. You never replace the fuse with something higher, if you go lower the fuse will blow but the damage is minimal. Lol, this sounds really vague, now that I typed it.
Still, I don't see a problem using a higher amp battery if you're chilling out at eg. 60w. I'm still learning btw.
My point is, if you want a specific mod your going to HAVE TO find out what batteries it operates on, or what powers any given device is going to use.
Although I did pump diesel instead of premium petrol. Someone correct me!

Tivaliman

Apr 9, 2016
There is no 30 amp 2500mah or 3000mah battery on the market currently.

I believe the efest 3000mah battery has been tested and accepted to be a 10 amp battery rewrapped.

Ebay is the last place you want to go for batteries unless it's a specific vendor with consistent, verified authentic stock.

Tapatyped
Don't know then. Well that was bad advice. I use Lg he4 2500mah 35a or at least that's what it's supposed to be. Found out that 35a here, means the pulse... Something or other, not sure exactly. I'm more confused now, bro. Tell us more!
I was referring to ecoluxshop on eBay, that's a trusted vendor. But I usually check the ratings and try with spare cash lying around .

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Don't know then. Well that was bad advice. I use Lg he4 2500mah 35a or at least that's what it's supposed to be. Found out that 35a here, means the pulse... Something or other, not sure exactly. I'm more confused now, bro. Tell us more!
I was referring to ecoluxshop on eBay, that's a trusted vendor. But I usually check the ratings and try with spare cash lying around .
Read Baditudes and Mooch's blogs.

Visit battery subforum.

I can't cover it all in one post.

Tapatyped

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
It's cool that you have a lot of knowledge about the technical side of things. Not forgetting, the whole thing is a hobby (for adults). And an experienced member provides a lot of confidence to the community. Chances are your helping and inspiring people and you don't know it!

Thanks for the vote of confidence

Truth to be told though, I'm really not all that experienced, lol

I've been vaping for years but always used Ego-type devices and didn't get a more advanced set-up and didn't start building my own coils until exactly two weeks ago today.

I do have a degree in electronics but other then that I just did a lot of reading (mostly on this forum) and had a lot of advice to help me to get started from a few more experienced members. But basically I still feel like a newbie to most of this stuff.

But I do think that gives me a decent understanding of what dilemmas and choices other newbies might be facing. And since I appear to have different preferences than most seasoned vaporists and have a good bit of knowledge of what is out there today (I researched obsessively for weeks before I bought my first mod) I hope sharing what I know might help others in the same way I found it very helpful to read about others their experience before me.

Reactions: Tivaliman

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle

First off eFest are pipe bombs, highly exaggerated cdr and pulse ratings. Secondly getting batteries from eBay, you're a complete fool.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tivaliman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread