Question about making a mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I want to try to make a mod because I've heard good things about higher voltage...right now I have an ego-t. The thing is that I love colors...so I want a case that is not silver or black or gold...but a purple/violet/indigo ish color....what tubing could I buy for that???

also, if you know anything about a slim version that does high voltage (or variable voltage) but is as slim as the ego-t........I like thinner even though I'm willing to get a big one liek provari...but not box....I only want cylinder shaped.

please let me know....any suggestions and maybe where I can get instructions on how to build one...thanks

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
It's gonna be difficult to get variable voltage in a slim model of PV. I'm no EE, but most of the ones I've seen are boxes. You can get battery boxes in colored translucent plastic, but I don't think they hold up too well.

I'm not sure what you're using now, but an Ego, with a "booster" on it will give you slim and VV, but it's a bit on the long side.

sweet....what is comparible to the cr 123s....i just saw some videos online about making a mod out of flashlights (already in the mail) and he was using cr123s...but I want something rechargeable....(by the way, with mods can you recharge it with same 510 charger used for ego-t battery??

I need to know what would be comprable(sp?) to cr123s so that I m sure they'll fit into the flahslight.....and rechargeable and 5-6+ volts (preferrably something that can be used as variable voltage)

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
The first "R" in RCR123a means it's rechargeable (generally), but double check to be sure. No, unfortunately, your Ego charger won't work, but there are several inexpensive ones available (the Pila charger will do it too, but it's a bit pricey, although the "cadillac" of chargers).

I'm not sure which mod you're getting, but I'd *strongly* advise you to buy the AW IMR version of this battery, it's much safer chemistry than Lithium Ions. It also is able to better handle high drain applications than LiOns. The particular mod will determine which batteries you can use with it.

Also, there are numerous threads here about safety with mods, if you're going to be using a "tube mod", please, please, make SURE it has an opening to allow the battery to vent. This is in case the battery does a meltdown. With no place for the hot gases to go, you're essentially vaping on a pipebomb.

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
Well, there's a lot of information about batteries in the forums. But suffice it to say, lots of folks/mods/devices "get away with" things that *can* be risky. PCB's (the protection circuits on protected batteries) have been known to fail. And batteries can go into a violent discharge condition, if overcharged or undercharged, venting hot gases and flames. If there's no place for the gases to escape, BOOM!

That said, there are reports of BIC lighters exploding, cell phone batteries going into thermal runaway, etc., too. I just prefer to err on the side of caution, especially when it comes to my face (see my avatar). :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread