Probably already answered somewhere, but what does a Provari do that a LavaTube doesn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobthesalesclerk

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2010
Pittsburgh
Provari can run exactly 6 volt with single coil cartos while Lavatube can't. Test it yourself.

Sent from my mind using my fingers.

But the provari can't run dcc beyond a certain voltage either.

I would skip both the LT and the provari and get a Buzz Pro :D

Blue OG Buzz/Silver Vein Alpha/Green and Black Reo Mini FTW

zondz

Verified Member
Jan 26, 2012
Russia, Moscow
I have only had the Mini for a week and only use it when I go out in the evenings socializing went out last Friday 9pm and home at 2am and it was still going strong lol,I have a few 900mah 18350 Batterys from my SD11 that I use with my Mini !!!
Size wise I prefer the Mini !!
That's nice. I also prefer the size of Mini. Timing also nice. Thanks for the info.

aziffel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2010
nc
Hi there. Where did you buy Mini LT? I asking because saw your posts at thundervolt and 2smok. I'm newone that's why couldn't asking there.
So I'm still waiting... I thinking to cancel order and order ASAP at another place... w/o the same result like at 2smok.
PS I asked 2smok by phone about current status few days before. They promise to ship it on next week.
VV Koi Mod Kit
that's where mine came from,although several vendors now have them(I'm sure you read these other links)The mini lasts me ~7hrs @ 4.2v

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV

The variable wattage Darwin is as easy to use as the LT but is much better made with many more performance features. And you can use 1.5 ohm dual coils with the Darwin. Plus 21 - 35 hours on a charge. The Buzz Pro seems like a good model, also.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
The variable wattage Darwin is as easy to use as the LT but is much better made with many more performance features. And you can use 1.5 ohm dual coils with the Darwin. Plus 21 - 35 hours on a charge. The Buzz Pro seems like a good model, also.

Darwins are nice. I like the variable wattage set up. One of these days I may have to get one. I have never been able to get into the look. I like tubes.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Darwins are nice. I like the variable wattage set up. One of these days I may have to get one. I have never been able to get into the look. I like tubes.

That tends to disappear as an issue after using one. The consistency is outstanding and the battery life is top of the line. Plus it won't roll of the table, lol.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I own both. When I set the Provari at a certain voltage.. I know that (unless I'm using something LR and it throws an E code) it is running at that voltage. If I set it at 5v, then screw on the voltmeter, it shows exactly 5v even underload. If I set the LT at 5v and then screw on the voltmeter, the voltage will show a little less and underload it will drop a bit further. With LR cartos, it drops it way down, even further than it needs to drop it to stay at the 2.5 amp ceiling. With the LT, the led readout is useless because it drops the voltage and unless you have a voltmeter (which I do) you don't know what it's running.

Also the voltage on the LT will drop as the battery discharges. The Provari holds the exact same voltage that I set it at until the battery is fully discharged.

With my provari, I know exactly what is going on. With the LT, I have no idea unless I screw on the voltmeter.

People tend to compare these two like they compare cars (toyota to a BMW for instance) we're not talking thousands of dollars here.. we're talking a hundred. when I think about what I used to spend on cigarettes, it's not that big of a deal. People have said that they both do the same thing, that the only difference is the price.. NOT.. the LT doesn't hold it's voltage underload or till the batt dies. The LT does not display the correct voltage that it is running. Unless you own a voltmeter, there's no way to know what is going on with the LT.

I don't mind a slight drop in voltage underload, what I do mind is when the voltage continually drops as the device is being used and the battery is discharging.

I love being able to check my atty/carto resistance and knowing it exactly instead of trying to use a multimeter and just getting an idea. Even though the Provari is a bit heavy, I love the solid feel of it.

These are the differences you asked for.

If you want a nice, inexpensive device that will hold it's voltage till the batts die.. the madvapes vv box mod does a nice job.

Last edited:

Slurp812

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
Northwest Ohio

Its not the dual part, but the resistance due to the 2.5 amp limit. If you can find 2.5 ohm DCC. they will do 6.0 volts.
as I see it:
Provari Better regulation, and control, but more $$$
LT less $$$, and still would be way better than a non VV mod....

Pilirock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2011
fullerton,ca
I own both, but unlike most other people here I bought the LT, and countless other lower VV devices (riva, Ego) FIRST and later the Provari, and thought to myself , I don't understand why Provari users make a big fuss about the comparison , I mean they look similar , they tend to do the same thing and depending on what carto or CE2 you use , they both work , so what is the BIG DEAL ?

Bought my Black Provari 4 days Ago, and I feel Like an Idiot , People sorry but this is not a fair comparison, this is my opinion why =

I only had the LT 2 weeks so far and although it works and does give you a VV experience , it does not give you the experience the Provari does. Fire Button sticks, was told it should work itself out after a couple of days, let's see it's been 7 days and still sticking, you press 4 different buttons to adjust voltage and power , Feels like it is made of plastic ( it is aluminum but it is very light , bottom cap (plastic) is coming unglued , and as the day goes on I have to go increasing the voltage to get the desired TH and Flavor , that could be the battery dying or my taste buds fading from vaping to oblivion. these are issues that I encountered which seem to be issues that a lot of people are facing. Add to that, that now you can get the same mod from 10 different Vendors for almost 2/3 if the price I paid , when Volcano was supposed to be the only seller you could get it from , Somebody Lied !!!

on The other Hand the Provari has done for me everything that it says it does, It is solid , as soon as you pick it up you feel the quality in your hands, the ability to check instantly the carto resistance is what did it for me , I was vaping CE2's and have a lot of them at different ohms 2.4,2.6,2.8,3.2 , I know what voltage I want right away instead of having to start low and move up. People will say so what , it is not a big deal, neither is to carry 100CDs but it is easier to just carry the IPOD right?

I'd say save your money and buy a Provari, if not you'll regret it , I know I do, although I will hold on to the LT as a Backup , it's def better than a regular Ego Battery.

my :2c::2c::2c: .

Jagellpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2012
Tacoma, WA
The LavaTube is a more affordable way to try VV. for its cost it is equal to the Provari.

Provari does have some more benefits, but at a cost of $100 more than the LT unit.

So if you got the money jump to Provari! If you are unsure or on a budget try Lavatube.

Jeff "Jagellpuff" via iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread