question about mod i got and sub ohm

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathFox

May 6, 2015
i bought this chi you clone "the tyrant" on a 1 day 80 percent off sale for like 10 bucks reg 60$ i use coil builds from 0.2 - 0.5 would samsung 25r batteries be fine in it? and does it use 2 iv never really used mech mods, iv used my 150w seg mostly.

Attachments

• Chi-You-Clone.jpg
    Chi-You-Clone.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 43

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
i bought this chi you clone "the tyrant" - i use coil builds from 0.2 - 0.5 would samsung 25r batteries be fine in it?
does it use 2 iv never really used mech mods, iv used my 150w seg mostly.
Yes. The 0.2Ω build requires 21 amps minimum for Ohm's law parity... so you're good, with a 4 amp cushion. Considering the quality of the mod however... don't be surprised if you get a bit of Joule (resistive) heating in the button.

I don't understand the last question.

Reactions: Izan

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Yes. The 0.2Ω build requires 21 amps minimum for Ohm's law parity... so you're good, with a 4 amp cushion. Considering the quality of the mod however... don't be surprised if you get a bit of Joule (resistive) heating in the button.

I don't understand the last question.
The Samsung 25r is a 20 amp battery, not 25. So a .21 ohm coil is the lowest within the battery's cdr. You'll want a bit of a cushion though, and account for any inaccuracy of your ohm reader, so I wouldn't go any lower than .3, at the very lowest. Better to not go any lower than .5 until you get a handle on mech mods.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Ken is right, the 25r is a 20A battery. Although it will work. If you don't build below .21, you will always be below 20 amp and continue to drop, as the battery loses voltage as it drains. And your mod + atomizer is going to have a bit of voltage drop too, so you won't really even be hitting 20 amps on a fully charged battery.

So, yes, a higher resistance would be even more foolproof, especially if you are not experienced in coil building. But the 25R is a great battery and will fire a .21 ohm build without issue.

LobsterGoD

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
The samsung 25r's are known to handle much more in pulse ratings, but remember when you build in the pulse range of a battery you shorten the life of it significantly and increase risk of thermal runaway. If you want to go lower i would suggest picking up some orbtronic SX30's or some 40a imrens. The LGHB6s are good 30a batteries too, if you can find them and deal with the short 1600mah life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread