Status
Not open for further replies.

Iro-Oni

Jan 8, 2018
So i have a 30 ft nichrome 80 wire
It is 24g.(for the specifics)
Anyway everytime i build i nichrome coil
Doesnt matter the wraps.
But particularly the last couple of times i tried to build nichrome i wrapped it three times and it was a dual coil build. Im using the pharoah rta if that is important. When i try and get the coils burn inside out, which i do each and every time. And fire it up a couple times after you know typical stuff. Well everytime, i put my cotton in there and juice her up, and test fire to 5 secs(longest i typically draw) but average is about 2.1 secs. My outside leads on one side or both they always glow after about 2.4 secs that obviously is bad. How come i get it glowing center out then when i get her wicked my leads glow?

TL;DR: Everytime i get my nichrome coils glowing center out like your supposed too my leads then glow when its wicked.

I fixed it for now, since i have the pharoah rta i wick it like rip trippers suggests and put the cotton againsts the leads. Since it will stay juiced up the cotton will prevent the lead from overheating. I tested it several times and it works just fine. No glow nothing.
I dont understand what causes it

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So i have a 30 ft nichrome 80 wire
It is 24g.(for the specifics)
Anyway everytime i build i nichrome coil
Doesnt matter the wraps.
But particularly the last couple of times i tried to build nichrome i wrapped it three times and it was a dual coil build. Im using the pharoah rta if that is important. When i try and get the coils burn inside out, which i do each and every time. And fire it up a couple times after you know typical stuff. Well everytime, i put my cotton in there and juice her up, and test fire to 5 secs(longest i typically draw) but average is about 2.1 secs. My outside leads on one side or both they always glow after about 2.4 secs that obviously is bad. How come i get it glowing center out then when i get her wicked my leads glow?

TL;DR: Everytime i get my nichrome coils glowing center out like your supposed too my leads then glow when its wicked.

I fixed it for now, since i have the pharoah rta i wick it like rip trippers suggests and put the cotton againsts the leads. Since it will stay juiced up the cotton will prevent the lead from overheating. I tested it several times and it works just fine. No glow nothing.
I dont understand what causes it

That is kinda Strange.

Do you Strum the Coil after you Dry Fire it?
When you pull the Cotton thru the Coil, could the Cotton be Bunching Up the Coil Loops?
In a Previous Lifetime, could you have been an Electrician who racked up a lot of Bad Karma Points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread