Status
Not open for further replies.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
For the wires pulling away from each other: try twisting more times before you fold the NR wire back and wrap, and make sure they're actually twisting together. I had that problem a few times where I'd get done twisting and only have like two twists . . . I guess the wires were just slipping through my fingers instead of actually twisting together. Practice makes perfect ;-)

As for the high resistance issue: this may be a really dumb question, but you didn't accidentally use two lengths of resistance wire, did you? That's the first thing that came to mind. Based on the total length of wire used and your final resistance, it sounds like a plausible explanation. I'd check your wires with a multimeter just to make sure. The NR wires should give you virtually no ohms reading (other than the meter's internal resistance)

Rick.45cal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Lakeland Florida
You can't use two lengths of resistance wire! Instead you need some wire that has no resistance, like sterling silver, .999 fine silver, or the NR wire that came with Odysseus.

You've made yourself a giant coil, and would probably need a car battery to get it to vape right. Just the center portion of the coil is the Resistance wire, the two legs are the no resistance wire, :) Odysseus is gonna surprise you once you get a proper working coil made! :)

Rick.45cal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Lakeland Florida
Well from what I am understanding soda it kanthal 32 awg is resistance wire and so is my nichrome 60 36awg (please correct me if im wrong)

Yes both are resistance wire!

Pick one (depending on what Ohm you want) and make the legs with a No resistance wire, like the silver wire. It will work... I promise :)

What Ohm are you trying to make?

Rick.45cal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Lakeland Florida
Ok, you are going to make the coil using the 32AWG Kanthal then... save the 36g nichrome for making bigger resistance coils (3+ Ohms) :)

You could use gold, it would be WAY more expensive than it's worth. Silver is good stuff, it doesn't react with anything in our juices! Especially for those who vape cinnamon flavored juices ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread