Status
Not open for further replies.

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
So…it's just a carto inside the tanks. I'm pretty sure you don't have to keep the tank actually wet (as in…juice in the tank) and can keep vaping for a while after the tank runs dry (because there's still liquid in the carto). But I'm wondering how much more you can get out of it……

I certainly don't want to burn my polyfill. And I used cartos before that. But they didn't have a big slot cut in the bottom of them.

Is there any good way to tell when the carto is running dry without risking burning the polyfill?

The reason I ask is that I'm hoping to get more than 1 tank's worth of juice out of these cartos.

elothen

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2012
Ft. Worth
My limited experience is that there's not many hits left once the tank is dry (especially on the Provari!). You're right, it's just a carto in a big tub of juice. The minor, but significant, variation is that it has holes punched in it so that the cart can continually wick juice into it.

My wife and I's strategy to keep ours performing optimally and not burning is to periodically (based on taste change or visual observation of the top of the cart) press the tank down against the base and give it a couple of strong sucks without hitting the button. CAUTION! I tend to get a lot of juice in my mouth on occasion doing this, my wife less so. I'm pretty tolerant to it (and have mastered the stealthy maneuver of wiping my tongue off on my shirt sleeve) but some (YOU) may not fair so well. I'm reasonably satisfied with this approach but it works really well for her. I'm open to better suggestions!

gixxxer

Unregistered Supplier
Apr 7, 2012
Finland
diabloliquid.net
It's really depending on the cartomizer you are using. I get like 10-15 drags (1-2sec) with single coil LR carto and If I'm using dual-coil then it's more like 5-10 drags.

I haven't had that much experience with cartos because I'm more of a dripper and also love rebuildables.

I would give you the advice to fill the tank when it's getting empty :)

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Thanks.

I would give you the advice to fill the tank when it's getting empty :)

That's what I'm planning. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me better what to expect when I actually run out of the juice. I'd hate to throw away a carto worth of juice (and have no plans to clean them) just because the tank ran out after filling with the last of my bottle. I suppose I could just stop, label them in some way, and wait for the next bottle to come in (if I want more of it, that is).

Speaking of which……probably not the best place to ask. Any suggestions as to how to keep things straight as to which attys/cartos go with which juices? it's more relevant to cartos…attys seem easy to clean so far. Baggies to keep the juice and cartos together? Labels of some kind that'll get glue all over the thing that's about to be in a tank full of a solvent seems like a bad idea……

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread