question about touch switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyre904

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2012
St Augustine FL
I was thinking of making a simple flashlight mod just to tinker. When I was thinking of switches I had an idea that I thought might be interesting to some. The way I am going to build this utilizes the parts of the flashlight head only, I knocked out the switch some use as a lock out on the bottom leaving this massive vent hole that a hot spring from altsmoke fits perfectly. Thats not what this is about lol but I can see this becoming a hobby though. My idea was to attempt a simple non-mechanical touch style switch, so I first thought of how they work and I am thinking its as simple as a broken ground leading to an insulated 510 connection when you touch 2 points in theory should close the circuit and fire the atty.
So, I'm thinking of using an acrylic housing for my 510 connector and an old broken 306 atty as the actuator(I'd be using the bottom of this atty as the touch switch). So it's an atty not a switch I know but its 2 points insulated between with leads already attached, so I think I can sodder one lead to the body and the other to the outside of the 510 connector. If this works it will be a sabre touch style switch that cost nothing lol the atty has already paid for it's self ages ago b4 I broke it and the flashlight was non functional so really all I need to buy is another spring from altsmoke. Any advice or pointers would be great, this is my 1st attempt at building a mod of any kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread