Status
Not open for further replies.

wegster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    Hi,

I have both brass and AL end caps for my GGT, but the front (opposite atty end) brass cap is nowhere near flat - attempting to stand it on end, it will fall over every time. What's the best way to re-finish it to be flat? File, followed by sandpaper, grinder, other?

Also - what connector are you using going through the endcap for the GGTS passthrough? Once I'm back from my trip, if I can buy or get one of the inside telescopes/battery replacement pieces from you, I'll be using one of the two endcaps to make a PT, just not sure yet what sort of connector to use, maybe something that I can tap the endcap and thread the new power connector into it with?

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    gg-goldengreek.com
    Hi,

I have both brass and AL end caps for my GGT, but the front (opposite atty end) brass cap is nowhere near flat - attempting to stand it on end, it will fall over every time. What's the best way to re-finish it to be flat? File, followed by sandpaper, grinder, other?

Also - what connector are you using going through the endcap for the GGTS passthrough? Once I'm back from my trip, if I can buy or get one of the inside telescopes/battery replacement pieces from you, I'll be using one of the two endcaps to make a PT, just not sure yet what sort of connector to use, maybe something that I can tap the endcap and thread the new power connector into it with?

there is no way to make it real flat so you can let in straight on the table. The solutions are 2:
    1) send it to me paying the 2 ways postage and I will make it free for you
    2) you go to a local lathe and pay 5 dollars maybe and they will do it for you. Please tell them to take only the surface and not go deep at all. They have to eat much less than 1mm

The reason that you cant make it alone is because you will not make it straight and you will try so many times that you will eat the cap so deep that you will destroy it

My connector is a custom one. You need the hole cap to do it so I can send you one but if cap dont fit then you had to take care of the threads to a local store.

If you have the last batch GGT then threads will not fit for sure. But if you had bought from Iken then it may fit

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread