Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azmo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Liverpool, NY, USA
I finally got my VAMO today and was excited when I saw that the screen was straight and it didn't have the funky buttons where one sticks out further then the other.

However, as soon as I screwed my atty on, I noticed that it was crooked. Not too bad, but enough that it bothers me. Is there a way to straighten it out without ruining it?

If not, it bothers me enough that I will order a ZMAX V3. Or some other VW device. Any recommendations other then a Provari? Not sure how much I will like the single button design of the ZMAX.

nahoku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
Here's a snippet of something I posted in another thread...

The leaning is due to how the Vamo cap and 510 connector plate is put together. This can also be fixed... if you take the Vamo apart. Some people attempt to do this from the top by wedging against the 510 connector at the base, or even installing an adapter and trying to leverage things into place. I don't recommend you attempt the repair from the top or you could crack/damage the 510 connector. Again, YMMV.

The 510 connector plate is press-fit into the top cap. The plate is taper cut, and so the further it goes into the cap, the tighter it gets. If it's wedged crooked, then the 510 connector and anything attached to the Vamo will lean. This is a crude drawing of what the plate (grey) and top cap (blue) looks like. The right image is how your vamo is most likely put together.

vhead.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread