• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Questions about Vaping in AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
njoy is based in Scottsdale, and has had plenty of press. Like most places, we seem to go unnoticed. I've vaped in plenty of restaurants and bars... I've never been asked to stop (but then, I don't make mega clouds either... try to get a booth seat when I can, or exhale down into my lap).

It is smart for all of us to keep an eye on the policy makers here in Arizona. We don't want to be lumped in with smokers. I'm hoping NJoy is doing this here along with with their current fight with the FDA. Arizona IS on the radar with e-cigs however... thanks to idiot reporters... Here is a quote from a news story done in November in Tucson:
States like California, Oregon, New Hampshire and New Jersey have already passed bans or restrictions on the sale of e-cigarettes. Why hasn't Arizona? I put that question to Arizona Attorney General Terry Goddard. His office told me e-cigarettes are on the AG's radar and that they're watching these devices with the same cautions and concerns as with any general tobacco product.

"You're talking relative risk and it's probably less risky than a regular cigarette," said Dr. Keith Kaback who helped push the Smoke Free Arizona Act in 2006 and admits no smoke, no tar and less chemicals could be a better smoking alternative. But what about second hand..... vapor?

Arizona law defines smoking indoors as "inhaling, exhaling, burning, or carrying or possessing any lighted tobacco product".

"(the language is very specific to a burning tobacco product and this isn't burning anything, really) Yeah, vaporizing instead of burning. I think it's a potential hot topic that could lead to some further legal evaluation and i can see problems developing," Kaback said.

We all should be searching for Arizona news...

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
It mentioned both (bans OR restrictions). CA is still looking at this issue (to veto his decision) and they most likely will pass some kind of age restriction (which is just dandy... I think that this is an important thing anyway... BUT that should be the only restriction placed in any state).

510 rocks on everything!! Glad I had extras of everything (as usual, ha) so I could get one to you.

pipes1

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2009
Chandler, Arizona
BTW, lovely arm candy you had with you. *grin* Very nice gal... hope we didn't make her want to run screaming from the building (Shaky!!!!) and she'll come back with you again.

Thanks
I got lucky with this one. She needs glasses and I won't let her buy them. (She may see what I really look like.)

Last edited:

Adpeig

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2010
Surprise AZ
Arrowhead mall is Smokeanywhere

I baught one from them and let me tell you that it's trash. Not to mention I got 1 battery 1 atty and 1 charger and 10 carts and it cost me $150... the thing is so incosistent. sometimes you get a little hit sometimes you get nothing. they do have demo's they let you try out there but I am very sure they are spiking their carts with glycerin because their demo's produce so much vapor but when you get your's at home and fully charge you get maybe half of the vapor that you saw their demo unit produce. all in all I would not suggest you buy from there. so expensive, in cosistent .. and you can simply buy a joye 510 starter pack for around $50 bucks. that's my two cents.

on a plus side their refill carts only cost like $1 a cart so that's kinda cool

Catwhisperer

ECF Veteran
I used my ecig at Beerfest all day on Saturday, then I used it when I went out that evening at a few bars. (Caveat, I didn't use it inside the bar, I went outside with the smokers!) Not a single person asked me what it was. A few people however did ask me if it was an ecig and if I liked it. So it's out there... people, smokers at the very least, know what it is now!

Jenny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread