Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthvong

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Ohio. USA
Ok so I'm thinking about getting an IBtank, but I have a few questions.

I've been using clearos, Aspire BDCs and just recently went to a Kayfun (which I love)

Back in the day I used to use Boge cartos on my ego and hated them. Bad taste, cleaning them etc.

So I'm a little leary to purchase one but they do get rave reviews.

Anyway, how does the flavor and vapor production compare to a Kayfun? I like big flavor and vapor.

I have a carto tank refilling tool and plan on getting a punch as well.

I have a Provari V2.5 and a Stingray Mod.

What tank would work best with those if I choose to get one?

Thanks for your time!

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
I dont use a K Fun so I cant give you any kind of comparison. Will say though that what I am after in vaping is ease of use and a satisfying experience in that I see some vapor on exhale and get a taste of the flavor. Personally I also like a little bit of a smoky rasp and nicotine bite both of which cartomizers provide especially the Smok Tech single coils we use.

Whats right for you no one can tell but if you love the K Fun I would say you are golden, why look elsewhere?

Darthvong

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Ohio. USA
I dont use a K Fun so I cant give you any kind of comparison. Will say though that what I am after in vaping is ease of use and a satisfying experience in that I see some vapor on exhale and get a taste of the flavor. Personally I also like a little bit of a smoky rasp and nicotine bite both of which cartomizers provide especially the Smok Tech single coils we use.

Whats right for you no one can tell but if you love the K Fun I would say you are golden, why look elsewhere?

Well because I would like alternate tanks and they look nice. My provari has a lightsaber wrap, so I was thinking an all red tank on top would look pretty cool actually.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Then the best I could say is to try a cartomizer tank and see if you like it.

I tried to word my post in such a way as to convey they are very different types of vapes, some like one and others like something else. This is why you see the flavor of the week devices come and go but cartomizers hold strong. Their are loads of folks who have been using them for many years now and still use them because it just works for them.

This is really a tough subject to approach from my standpoint, I have a stable vape that has worked day in and day out for years now so I quit chasin the dragon. For the next person, well maybe they havent found what they are lookin for yet so I would not say anything against what is workin for them.

Darthvong

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Ohio. USA
Then the best I could say is to try a cartomizer tank and see if you like it.

I tried to word my post in such a way as to convey they are very different types of vapes, some like one and others like something else. This is why you see the flavor of the week devices come and go but cartomizers hold strong. Their are loads of folks who have been using them for many years now and still use them because it just works for them.

This is really a tough subject to approach from my standpoint, I have a stable vape that has worked day in and day out for years now so I quit chasin the dragon. For the next person, well maybe they havent found what they are lookin for yet so I would not say anything against what is workin for them.

Yeah I understand that. There are some vapers who have one thing and stick with it. I do love my provari with a kayfun, but I still like to experiment. Not to mention sometimes I hate building coils and wick. A carto tank could be something I could just do on the go. It's been awhile since I use a carto, but I've never used a carto tank so it should be a better experience.

How much juice does the halfling tank hold?

This is what I'm thinking of getting. Would this be a feasible combo for my provari?

https://www.ibtanked.com/accessories/tool/ibtpro-22-black-detail
https://www.ibtanked.com/caps/22mm/22mm-red-anodized-detail
Scarlet halfling tank
Rook Red Drip tip

I figure since my provari has the lightsaber wrap on it. The tank being all red would look like the blade. Letting my nerd flag fly!

motabrownie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2014
Lawrence, KS
I have a handful of IBTanks and love them. They are the easiest, hassle free option IMO. Never had one leak and the cartos stay nice and tight while in the tank. Very easy to prime with the included 'thingy'. I also have a handful of KFL+'s. I feel like I get a little better flavor out of the KFL+ but it depends on the carto. The Smoktechs that IBTanked sell are good. The Ikenvape cartos seem to give me a tad better flavor but not always. Cartos are very hit and miss. Both IBTanked and Ikenvape were out of cartos for awhile so I bought a box of Boge. They were terrible. Thats all Im gonna say about that lol.
The 22mm will look best with your Provari if you use the top ring. I havent pulled the trigger yet on the colored IbTanked rings but a red one would look sweet with what youre trying to do. Heres a list of all the tank sizes and how much juice they hold.....

15mm HalfLing = 0.4ml
15mm Standard= 0.8ml
15mm XL = 1.2ml
19mm HalfLing = 0.7ml
19mm Standard= 1.5ml
19mm XL = 2ml
22mm HalfLing = 1.2ml
22mm Standard = 3ml
22mm XL = 4.5ml
25mm HalfLing = 2ml
25mm Standard = 5ml
25mm XL = 8ml

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
The 22mm tanks with the IBTpro 22 is a solid combination. I had been using a SiD for about 6 months through the winter as my primary beater but alas it finally fell out and I went back to my Provaris. I use a 22mm Standard, 3.2ohm cartomizers and of course the IBTpro 22. The Standard 22 holds just about my days vaping amount so it works out well. The HalfLings are great for the look though they dont hold a lot and the cartomizers seem to last a bit longer in the Standards. I do have a couple of HalfLing tanks set up for flavor switchers though.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Perhaps I can add some perspective, as I have been using IBTanks probably since they came on the market (about 20 tanks in all). I also have had an authentic Kayfun Lite Plus for about two months.

The cartotanks are a very dependable, reliable juice attachment that can be enjoyed both at home and away. Better flavor and consistancy than any clearomizer that I've used (and I've used the vast majority of them). They have been my go-to attachment for two years. I've never had issues with any leaking and never had a tank crack.

Having said that, the KFL is like a cartotank on steroids. Its a rebuildable atomizer which uses a negative pressure system much like a cartotank does. The flavors are more pronounced and there is slightly more vapor volume. Like any juice attachment, there is a learning curve. Finding the right amount of wick to use is critical. A tighter draw than a cartotank has. I have had some leaking issues from the airhole in mine - possibly user error and possibly an o-ring issue - I'm still figuring this out. There is more maintanance with the RBA than a cartotank has. I change the organic cotton wick every 3 - 4 days; my current coil is 6 weeks old and is dry-burned between wick changes. The tank has to be empty to change either the wick or the coil. But I'm not spending money on replacement cartos like I would be with a cartotank. Kanthal wire and cotton are dirt cheap. A year's supply for both should only cost $10.

I enjoy both devices. They both have their pros and cons. I use the KFL primarily, but always have a couple of IBTanks on standby with different flavors in use for variety. I say its well worth giving an IBTanked a try. :)

Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide

IBTanked Pyrex Tanks - Review

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread