Status
Not open for further replies.

AnilomNor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Brooklyn,NY
hey,
i am a little confused about getting verified for selling and buying. i need help. i have looked at the list of ways to get verified and i dont think that i qualify for any of them. i have sold a few things on this forum and never had any problems - what do i do if i dont have a bank account for paypal so i cant get verified?
-what do i do if i am not an ebay seller so i dont have a positive seller feedback?
-what do i do if i dont have enough connections to super members because i have sold to people who are just members?
i am lost and i still have other things that i would like to sell and buy on this forum - please help my GG friends!
i dont know what to do :(
thanks!
Nor

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Become a Supporting Member.
I think it's 25 bucks. The only downside is you can't leave feedback.

I am a supporting member and can leave it. It's a great deal; increased message storage and a few others like less avatar restrictions. For a couple of bucks a month you can't go wrong

AnilomNor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Brooklyn,NY
so if i become a supporting member, i will be verified and able to buy and sell? sorry im still confused - im a little slow lol
I am a supporting member and can leave it. It's a great deal; increased message storage and a few others like less avatar restrictions. For a couple of bucks a month you can't go wrong

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
No, I don't think that's the case anymore (though somebody might need to confirm). If I understand the announcement correctly, it is now only verified members who can see the classifieds section. Prior to the other day, being a supporting member was enough to be able to post in there, but as I understand it this is no longer the case. "verified" is a whole separate animal from "supporting"

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
If you have sold here, have three verified members "vouch" for you then fill out an address card that is sent to you. Here are the rules:

Second Method: Vouching Verified Member Verification

**The members you select for vouching must be "Verified" members. Verify this before sending the request.**

Step 1: For members whom have over 30 days of membership, no serious infractions, and have three (3) "Verified" Super members whom will verify their identity, may also become verified through this process. It is important that before using a member as a voucher, that they are aware that are requesting they vouch for you. A simple PM saying "Hey, we've bought and sold to each other, would you consider vouching for me?" or something similar. If a member really doesn't know you, don't bother sending them a request. The members you select will be contacted and explained the request, along with the opportunity to revoke their vouch.

**NOTE: Before vouching for a member, understand that your verification status could be in jeopardy should there be reports of fraud against the member you are vouching for.

Step 2: Once we've confirmed you have 3 legitimate vouchers, we will send you an email confirming step 1 complete. We will then mail a code (3 to 5 business days) to the address you have used in your application. Once you have received the code, you will need to send an email to j0ker @ e-cigarette-forum . com (no spaces) stating the code that you received in the mail. This confirms the address you have given us is valid. For this service, we will request you send $1 to cover the expenses incurred to send the code (postage, paper, envelopes,...etc). This will be requested in the email confirming step 1 complete, mentioned in the beginning of this step.

This process will be the least easiest and will take more time to verify your identity. Once you have been accepted through the vouch process and we have received the correct code, you will be notified and your account will be upgraded.

If any of your information changes regarding the information provided in the verification form, it will be necessary to resend the information to update our records.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
so if i become a supporting member, i will be verified and able to buy and sell? sorry im still confused - im a little slow lol

No, Killjoy is right. Supporting member has nothing to do with being verified. I merely say being a SM is a good deal. I forgot all about the deadline and come yesterday I couldn't see the forum. When I finally got over my "DUH Moment", I got verified in a few hours.

I am the following:

Ultra Member
Verified Member
ECF Veteran
Supporting Member

...without Verified the forum is hidden

AnilomNor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Brooklyn,NY
ok thanks for letting me know!
No, I don't think that's the case anymore (though somebody might need to confirm). If I understand the announcement correctly, it is now only verified members who can see the classifieds section. Prior to the other day, being a supporting member was enough to be able to post in there, but as I understand it this is no longer the case. "verified" is a whole separate animal from "supporting"

AnilomNor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Brooklyn,NY
unfortunately they are not verified so i wont be able to use that method. i think i may give up lol
If you have sold here, have three verified members "vouch" for you then fill out an address card that is sent to you. Here are the rules:

Second Method: Vouching Verified Member Verification

**The members you select for vouching must be "Verified" members. Verify this before sending the request.**

Step 1: For members whom have over 30 days of membership, no serious infractions, and have three (3) "Verified" Super members whom will verify their identity, may also become verified through this process. It is important that before using a member as a voucher, that they are aware that are requesting they vouch for you. A simple PM saying "Hey, we've bought and sold to each other, would you consider vouching for me?" or something similar. If a member really doesn't know you, don't bother sending them a request. The members you select will be contacted and explained the request, along with the opportunity to revoke their vouch.

**NOTE: Before vouching for a member, understand that your verification status could be in jeopardy should there be reports of fraud against the member you are vouching for.

Step 2: Once we've confirmed you have 3 legitimate vouchers, we will send you an email confirming step 1 complete. We will then mail a code (3 to 5 business days) to the address you have used in your application. Once you have received the code, you will need to send an email to j0ker @ e-cigarette-forum . com (no spaces) stating the code that you received in the mail. This confirms the address you have given us is valid. For this service, we will request you send $1 to cover the expenses incurred to send the code (postage, paper, envelopes,...etc). This will be requested in the email confirming step 1 complete, mentioned in the beginning of this step.

This process will be the least easiest and will take more time to verify your identity. Once you have been accepted through the vouch process and we have received the correct code, you will be notified and your account will be upgraded.

If any of your information changes regarding the information provided in the verification form, it will be necessary to resend the information to update our records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread