Is there a place on here to buy and sell hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pvarck31

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2017
The Land
Sorry about my second post in the last hour, but I seem to remember someone saying there is a hidden forum for buying and selling here.

Maybe it's only for verified members, but I did do the verification thing months ago and even paid the fee but I was never verified. So is there anyone who could help me with that?

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
No longer works.

Joker was the only one performing verifications, hasn't been around since May 2018.

After several posts regarding the verification process not working as it should someone went in and turned off the ability to submit your dollar via PayPal to stop people from losing the dollar.

Verification process appears to be FUBAR for the time being.

Here is a recent thread discussing it
Classified access...

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
The classified section isn't super active because a lot of the people that used to be here have moved on, and with there being no way for new people to get verified it's just not what it used to be and it's going to keep dwindling as more people move on. Don't get me wrong it is still active, just not where it once was.

I don't know how much Oliver is involved with the day to day operations of this site, but he needs to be made aware of this if he isn't and then either appoint/promote someone to handle the classified verification or just do away with it. I would lean toward doing away with it since there aren't many mods left to promote and I am sure they are already stretched thin. Really, there used to be a lot more mods here, but now I only see about 2.5 (Classwife, Retired1, and occasionally sonicdsl).

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
The classified section isn't super active because a lot of the people that used to be here have moved on, and with there being no way for new people to get verified it's just not what it used to be and it's going to keep dwindling as more people move on. Don't get me wrong it is still active, just not where it once was.

I don't know how much Oliver is involved with the day to day operations of this site, but he needs to be made aware of this if he isn't and then either appoint/promote someone to handle the classified verification or just do away with it. I would lean toward doing away with it since there aren't many mods left to promote and I am sure they are already stretched thin. Really, there used to be a lot more mods here, but now I only see about 2.5 (Classwife, Retired1, and occasionally sonicdsl).

@Oliver

Can we get an official ECF position on this? I don't think the community is will implode if verification is permanently turned off, but I think people just need to know what they can realistically expect.

When I buy vape gear I would rather see a 'sold out/discontinued' sticker on the product page rather than send in my money and wait months only to find out it's back ordered.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

It's still active enough.... and adding people to it always gives a boost.

As for mods, we lost one who was very active on the site, so it might seem a bit of a hole perhaps, where she was..

• Love
Reactions: Katdarling

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
It's still active enough.... and adding people to it always gives a boost.

As for mods, we lost one who was very active on the site, so it might seem a bit of a hole perhaps, where she was..

We've lost more than one since I have been here. One of them is still here, but best I can tell stepped down from being a mod and now primarily posts in The Outside area. Others, while not completely gone, seem to go months between appearances. Joker of course seems to have vanished entirely. Maybe he is just playing a joke on us?

• Optimistic

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
We've lost more than one since I have been here. One of them is still here, but best I can tell stepped down from being a mod and now primarily posts in The Outside area. Others, while not completely gone, seem to go months between appearances. Joker of course seems to have vanished entirely. Maybe he is just playing a joke on us?

I think Joker just had too much work outside of here, and it ended up being too much to do both.. I could be wrong, but he was having less and less time for ECF for a while.

Robin died (may she rest in peace)... who else is gone?

I spoke with retired today, and classy is still here.. the PIF mod is still around.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I think Joker just had too much work outside of here, and it ended up being too much to do both.. I could be wrong, but he was having less and less time here for a while.

Robin died (may she rest in peace)... who else is gone?

UntamedRose is the one that seems to have stepped down.
AngusATAT hasn't been on since August.
lamarrk only pops in every few months now.
As mentioned sonicdsl appearances have also gotten scarce.
I think I may be missing one or two more, it's hard to remember names back to 2013.

Luckily Classwife and Retired1 are still here mostly all the time and doing a great job. I don't know if either have the time or desire to take on Classified verification though.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
UntamedRose is the one that seems to have stepped down.
AngusATAT hasn't been on since August.
lamarrk only pops in every few months now.
As mentioned sonicdsl appearances have also gotten scarce.
I think I may be missing one or two more, it's hard to remember names back to 2013.

Luckily Classwife and Retired1 are still here mostly all the time and doing a great job. I don't know if either have the time or desire to take on Classified verification though.

Well Oliver only ever wanted 1 person on verification because he didn't want people's info in the hands of many, he thought keeping that to 1 person was best..

I didn't ever know anyone other than Classwife, Retired, Robin, Sonic, Joker and the PIF mod.. those were the only people I ever dealt with/spoken to since I've been here other than Oliver.

It may have been that I was in a thread or two with one of the others without really realizing they were a mod.. so I guess for me their passing went unnoticed..

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
I hope they will install someone for verification. I love the Classified section- it's been a way to acquire items no longer available or hard to find on the market as well as a way for people to find good homes for gear they no longer want (which might otherwise go to waste). I think it serves a valuable purpose.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
But...can I BUY (without being VERIFIED) in the Classified threads???

No, you have to be verified to both buy and sell..

This is correct. Shortly after I joined, I made a post asking if anyone had any spare EVOD bases (not the whole tank, but just the base that screws into the tank) and I received an official "Infraction" for "trying to buy stuff without being verified". I was like, "but I am not trying to buy anything, I was asking for people's trash from old broken tanks and I get not even a warning but a mark on my account. Gee thanks." So no, there is no buying or selling save he that has the mark of the beast...err the mark of the Verified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread