quick doubler help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Wait a sec - I got the 4oz doubler and 2 x 24mg nic 1oz - I just mixed the bottles half n half (so I have lots of doubler left over which works out great cos I can keep buying 1oz to renew supplies).
The doubler is 20%VG
The 1oz are 24mg and 20% VG
I empty out half the 1oz into a clean bottle and top off both with doubler.
So what exactly am I getting when I mix? I was aiming for 12mg 20% VG (or 10% is ok I wasnt sure about the percentage vg).

These threads always confuse me after I'm sure I have a handle on things, then i start wondering if I've messed up :)

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Wait a sec - I got the 4oz doubler and 2 x 24mg nic 1oz - I just mixed the bottles half n half (so I have lots of doubler left over which works out great cos I can keep buying 1oz to renew supplies).
The doubler is 20%VG
So what exactly am I getting when I mix? I was aiming for 12mg 20% VG (or 10% is ok I wasnt sure about the percentage vg).

These threads always confuse me after I'm sure I have a handle on things, then i start wondering if I've messed up :)

/head explodes. I wish I could help :( I failed math twice in HS and had to go to summer school to pass.

But it sounds like you'll be getting less than 12mg I believe. I forgot to factor in that the doubler counts as a total of 3oz (if you're just getting 1ox and a 2oz doubler) once everything is said and done. But I'm probably wrong. I'm never sure when it comes to math. :confused:

Jimi Mack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Long Island
This is under the 'Stickys"

How Do I Mix The E-Liquid And Doubler?

One of our customers was kind enough to post this on our ECF forum, the math looks good, so we'll save ourselves some typing here. Mixing should go as follows:

If you start with 48 MG E-liquid
36 MG = 3 parts e-liquid + 1 part Doubler
32 MG = 2 parts e-liquid + 1 part Doubler
24 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 1 part Doubler
16 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 2 parts Doubler
12 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 3 parts Doubler
9.6 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 4 parts Doubler (mixing the whole bottles of each together)

If you start with 36 MG E-liquid
27 MG = 3 parts e-liquid + 1 part Doubler
24 MG = 2 parts e-liquid + 1 part Doubler
18 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 1 part Doubler
12 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 2 parts Doubler
9 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 3 parts Doubler
7.2 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 4 parts Doubler (mixing the whole bottles of each together)

If you start with 24 MG E-liquid
18 MG = 3 parts e-liquid + 1 part Doubler
16 MG = 2 parts e-liquid + 1 part Doubler
12 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 1 part Doubler
8 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 2 parts Doubler
6 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 3 parts Doubler
4.8 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 4 parts Doubler (mixing the whole bottles of each together)

If you start with 12 MG E-liquid
9 MG = 3 parts e-liquid + 1 part Doubler
8 MG = 2 parts e-liquid + 1 part Doubler
6 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 1 part Doubler
4 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 2 parts Doubler
3 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 3 parts Doubler

haileymadison

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
indiana
The doubler is 20%VG

Geez, You sure know how to confuse things, lol. Ask Poeia, she is seriously a mathmatical genius.

haileymadison

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
indiana
The doubler is 20%VG

CaptJ, why would you order 2, 1 oz. liquids at 24 mg.? Wouldn't it be more economical to just buy 1 48 mg. liquid? 48 mg. divided by 4 oz. = 4 oz. of 12 mg. juice or 5 oz. of 9.6 mg. juice. You would save 15 bucks. I just vape 9.6 mg. and I can't tell any difference.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
CaptJ, why would you order 2, 1 oz. liquids at 24 mg.? Wouldn't it be more economical to just buy 1 48 mg. liquid? 48 mg. divided by 4 oz. = 4 oz. of 12 mg. juice or 5 oz. of 9.6 mg. juice. You would save 15 bucks. I just vape 9.6 mg. and I can't tell any difference.

I wanted to keep a tiny bit of the 24mg if I really had a craving is why - that, and hte fact I couldnt work out the best %s lol Oh and 48mg nic you can only get with 10% VG so I didnt want to mess up my guesstimates :)

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
The doubler is 20%VG
Thanks hailey, but I'm not a mathematical genius. But I can do basic arithmetic.

Capt, you got what you aimed for. If you are mixing equal amounts of a doubler and an e-liquid, just divide the MG in the e-liquid in half.
1 ounce 24mg + 1 ounce 0mg = 2 ounces 12 mg

Because both bottles are 20% VG, the mix will be 20% VG no matter how you mix the two of them.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Thanks hailey, but I'm not a mathematical genius. But I can do basic arithmetic.

Capt, you got what you aimed for. If you are mixing equal amounts of a doubler and an e-liquid, just divide the MG in the e-liquid in half.
1 ounce 24mg + 1 ounce 0mg = 2 ounces 12 mg

Because both bottles are 20% VG, the mix will be 20% VG no matter how you mix the two of them.

I guess the 4oz doublers get a little more complicated with the math.
I totally forgot you could order doublers with VG on my first doubler order. Totally screwed it up. I decided to settle for all PG cause I couldn't figure out the %s

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I guess the 4oz doublers get a little more complicated with the math.
Nope. The only difference is how much doubler you'll have left over.
3 drops of 48mg + 3 drops of doubler = 6 drops of 24mg
7 gallons of 24mg + 7 gallons of doubler = 14 gallons of 12mg
If you are putting together the same amount of an e-liquid and a doubler, divide the mg in half.

If you are putting together an entire bottle of e-liquid and an entire 2 ounce doubler, divide the mg by 3.

If you are putting together an entire bottle of e-liquid and an entire 4 ounce doubler, divide the mg by 5.

If your target mg cannot be gotten through the above, you're gonna have to learn how to do averages. Sorry. Just pretend you are in 8th grade again.

I totally forgot you could order doublers with VG on my first doubler order. Totally screwed it up. I decided to settle for all PG cause I couldn't figure out the %s
48mg e-liquids are available with no VG or 10% VG. If you want more than that, you have to get extra in the doubler and mix it. Again, you'll have to re-learn to do averages. (Not "you" specifically, Xanax -- the generic "you" for all the people here who thought they'd never need arithmetic once they passed their SATs.)

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
48mg e-liquids are available with no VG or 10% VG. If you want more than that, you have to get extra in the doubler and mix it. Again, you'll have to re-learn to do averages. (Not "you" specifically, Xanax -- the generic "you" for all the people here who thought they'd never need arithmetic once they passed their SATs.)

Haha don't worry, I knew what you meant. Thanks for all the info there. I was confused whether to divide it by 4 or 5, (2 or 3, etc, you know what I'm saying I'm sure.)

Lol you're on the ball Hailey!
I just throw all the calculations and vape at 48!
Yeah I love bouncing off the walls!

Markimar- since you vape at 48, I'm guessing you can't use doublers, am I right about that?

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hi, posted this thread cause I'm in a hurry, hopefully I'll get a speedy response, if not oh well.

I'm getting 1oz of liquid and a 2oz doubler...

My target result is 12mg and 10%VG

so, what do I need to order? 24mg/20% VG?? Is that right?

For future reference bub, there is a chart on the FAQ page for tackling this sort of thing (generously calculated by one of our customers) so you don't have to delve into a former mathematics class to come up with Nic Liquid + Doubler = Target Nic ratios.

If the FAQ page doesn't answer your questions, THANK GOD FOR TECHNOLOGY, we have an 888 number and Live Help to help you tackle these important issues so you're not resolved to waiting for a reply on ECF for your "important" questions.

Quit playing helpless, use the tools at your disposal.

firhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Port Huron MI./Ontario, CA.
Does TV offer extra/double flavour as an option?

I just read the FAQ's and see the answer is no.

I did read this.........

In simplest terms, the burden of responsibility transfers from seller to buyer once your package has left our premises. See FOB shipping point.

Can I assume that means local pickup is available so as not to run the risk of having no recourse should the PO lose or damage a shipment?

Last edited:

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Does TV offer extra/double flavour as an option?

I just read the FAQ's and see the answer is no.

I did read this.........

In simplest terms, the burden of responsibility transfers from seller to buyer once your package has left our premises. See FOB shipping point.

Can I assume that means local pickup is available so as not to run the risk of having no recourse should the PO lose or damage a shipment?

No, TV doesn't offer double flavor if I'm not mistaken. You might be able to get double flavor on the Create Your Own menu. But probably not with premium flavors (I tried the double flavor thing with my first order and got this answer) I'm not sure about the local pick ups. You'd have to ask geoff about that. But the disclaimer you pasted from his site is basically just saying that once USPS picks up your package from Tastyvapor's hands, Tastyvapor is no longer responsible for that juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread