Status
Not open for further replies.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Got my silver inhaler from lawnman3, and put in a couple of non rechargeable cr123a's at 5v setting.

Tried 510 adapter with hv 510 atty...and the result was meh. Not much vapor, TH, etc.

Then borrowed one of the wife's lv 901 atties, and OMG! vaping heaven! Warm, tasty, lush vape compared to my other hv mod.

I recently ordered some hv 510's, 901's and 801's from the PRC. Now I'm wondering if they won't work well with the nhaler and I just wasted a bunch of cash.

I'm wondering if the adapter could also have something to do with the lesser draw. That wouldn't be so bad, since I could just the 801s and 901s on my inhaler, and use the hv 510's on the other mod.

One other thing...with the aluminum (#7 on the web page) model and the silver 901 atty, I wasn't expecting it to look so...well, elegant.

Cherice

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Palm Harbor, FL
I too have an xhaler and ordered the hv 510 attys. However, I like you got poor vapor (although the flavor was a bit more prominent). The only way I have enjoyed the hv attys is at 7.4 volts. They lower the voltage approx 2v. So, if vaping with 7.4v batteries and an hv atty, you are vaping at approx 5.4 volts. That is only my experience. I'm sure others will chime in with their opinions.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
I too have an xhaler and ordered the hv 510 attys. However, I like you got poor vapor (although the flavor was a bit more prominent). The only way I have enjoyed the hv attys is at 7.4 volts. They lower the voltage approx 2v. So, if vaping with 7.4v batteries and an hv atty, you are vaping at approx 5.4 volts. That is only my experience. I'm sure others will chime in with their opinions.

Crap! It looks like it's another trip to flea-bay!

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
I sent eastmall an email or two, and hopefully they can replace my hv atty order with regular ones before it ships.

I robbed the wife's backup 510 atty from her backup 510 stick kit, and I'm impressed with how the exhaler handles it. Nice, warm and tasty vapor without getting the atty too hot. I'm getting used to the switch on it.

Up In Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Knoxville, TN
Which HV attys were you trying to run at 5-6 volts? I ask because HV attys are custom made to different specs. The first (5.2 ohm) ones were designed to work with the 16340 3.6 volt protected batteries to run at approx. 10 watts. The ones Drew just got in are 4.7 ohms and are designed to work with standard 123 3.0 volt batts to achieve 10 watts.
I have a 5.2 ohm HV 510 atty and it only works good with 2x 16340 3.6 volt batts. I have tried it with 2 cr123a 3.0 volt batts and it is barely enough power to even get the atty firing. I've also found that my 510 HV atty DID take much longer than standard 510 attys to break in. I look forward to trying the new 4.7 ohm attys that Drew had primed with 555.
I am also loving the std. 510's on my exhaler...loads of warm vapor!

Last edited:

jcamacho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Corpus Christi, Texas
I ordered the Xhaler with the 901 so I could connect to carts but I also like the 510 atties, bought some converters from Madvapes, hope they will work with Xhaler. I am still learning and am waiting for my order to come in, any tips or help would be appreciated. Nice to be here, thanks for the invite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread