510 901 801 which ois you Fav Atty HV or LV

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue9

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2010
Munich, Germany
G'day GG'ers

Am I correct that the 510 is the best? I only have 510 and 901 Attys and I do not like the 901 that much.. Or are the 801's better than all of them.. as far as getting a good TH and flav....

Are there any of you out there that prefer the 901's regardless of LV or HV ?

Sorry I'm not talking about for use with the AFS just standard.. on the GGTS

I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times but my search results all ways bring up nothing unless I go through hundreds of pages !!
Cheers for any feedback

boomboom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2009
Alberta, Canada
My favorites in order are: 1. 901 HV (4.5 ohm) for use with 6 volts. 2. 901 XHV (5.2 ohm) at 7.4 volts. 3. LR 901 (1.5 ohm) at 3.7 volts. 4. LR 510 (1.7 ohm) at 3.7 volts.

I used to really like standard 801 at 5 volts.

Once Imeo comes out with an icarto, that will be really good. I've never used a cartomizer.

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
Hi blue,
It's very controversial to state that any atomiser is "the best". Everyone has different experiences and the fact that we can now get atomisers in many different resistances, and we use so many different battery and juice combinations, no-one's ever going to agree on the best.

My personal favourite has always been the 901, because I need the best flavour - my absolute favourite is an HV atty at 6V in the AFS with two tenergy LiFEPO4 batteries, although recently, I am also favouring an LV atty with an AW LiMN battery as well.

510s tend to rip out too much of the flavour for me but I know they are extremely popular, specially in the US. Many Europeans tend to favour the 901 and cartomisers (in my experience). I've never got on with 801s, there's something about the draw on them that I just don't like - although my Mum loves them.

At the end of the day, I just am grateful that there is an option for everyone. If one doesn't suit you, try another, that's the best part about vaping :D

Wylie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
I'm a 510 guy, but only because I've had enough success with them that I am still using 5 of the originals from October, 2009. Only one has failed since that time.

I know... some don't believe me, but it's true. And yes, I'm a fairly heavy user. I've got about 20 spares, though, when one of these finally give out. I also did start testing a 510 cartomizer recently, but I'm still an advocate of the regular 510.

So I haven't really needed to try any others until recently, when I got a pack of KR808D shipped to me by mistake. I figured I'd give it a try.

My GGTS came with two adapters, but... I can't get either of them to work. The carts do work on another mod with an adapter, so I know it's not the cartomizers. And the PV itself works just fine with 510s.

Is there some trick to using a KR808D on the GGTS? I don't know if these are KR808D-1 or if that is any different. Thanks in advance.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I'm a 510 guy, but only because I've had enough success with them that I am still using 5 of the originals from October, 2009. Only one has failed since that time.

I know... some don't believe me, but it's true. And yes, I'm a fairly heavy user. I've got about 20 spares, though, when one of these finally give out. I also did start testing a 510 cartomizer recently, but I'm still an advocate of the regular 510.

So I haven't really needed to try any others until recently, when I got a pack of KR808D shipped to me by mistake. I figured I'd give it a try.

My GGTS came with two adapters, but... I can't get either of them to work. The carts do work on another mod with an adapter, so I know it's not the cartomizers. And the PV itself works just fine with 510s.

Is there some trick to using a KR808D on the GGTS? I don't know if these are KR808D-1 or if that is any different. Thanks in advance.

Take off the atomizer's cap and push the pin until it stops. Then screw the cap again and screw the telescope. It will work. Your problem is because the center pin is low and dont touch the center of the cartomizer Wy my friend:)

Tyke

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2010
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
As others have said it's a matter of personal taste, there is no "best" atomiser type.

I like the 510 and 901 class atomisers pretty much equally on 3.7 or 5v (passthrough) and I can't stand the 801's, the draw is too light for my taste. I tend to use my 510's on other PV's than my GGTS too and will keep on doing so until Imeo builds a different adaptor, but 510 cartos go really well on my GGTS.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
As others have said it's a matter of personal taste, there is no "best" atomiser type.

I like the 510 and 901 class atomisers pretty much equally on 3.7 or 5v (passthrough) and I can't stand the 801's, the draw is too light for my taste. I tend to use my 510's on other PV's than my GGTS too and will keep on doing so until Imeo builds a different adaptor, but 510 cartos go really well on my GGTS.

Tyke, can you explain me better what you said so I can produce what you think is best?

Wylie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
Take off the atomizer's cap and push the pin until it stops. Then screw the cap again and screw the telescope. It will work. Your problem is because the center pin is low and dont touch the center of the cartomizer Wy my friend:)

Still didn't work, so I tried a new KR808D and... it worked. I'm still not sure why the first one works on another PV, but I'm just going to let it go.

Thanks!

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
My favorites are 901s and 510s at high voltage.

I am fast becoming a zealot fanboy of the 901 LR atties. I get the same vapor and flavor as the HR atties. My LR atties last lot longer. My mileage has varied with other people on that regard though. Sometimes the Vaping Gremlins work in mysterious ways.

Vapn and Clyde have me hardcore sold on carts in the AFS too. I have brutalized this cart and get superior vapor/flavor at 6v and it survives...and its cost effective to boot.

There will be plenty of cartos in my Zombie Apocalypse/Worst Case scenario bug out bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread