Quick review of the e-LVT mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giraut

Moved On
Dec 6, 2013
Are you saying that it can quite easily be made water resistant-ish or just not even think about xp1?

You can make anything waterproof by dropping it in a ziplock bag :) You can also make anything waterproof by using silicone caulk, provided you don't intend to open it ever again. In the case of the e-LVT, you need to access the battery, the side connectors, the 510 connector, the buttons... I suppose it could be done, but not easily, and probably with mixed results.

At any rate, the stock device is as waterproof - or water-resistant - as the Titanic.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
You can make anything waterproof by dropping it in a ziplock bag :) You can also make anything waterproof by using silicone caulk, provided you don't intend to open it ever again. In the case of the e-LVT, you need to access the battery, the side connectors, the 510 connector, the buttons... I suppose it could be done, but not easily, and probably with mixed results.

At any rate, the stock device is as waterproof - or water-resistant - as the Titanic.

Which was - until it hit a "problem". :) Guess I'll just be careful with it when it eventually arrives from FT - I'll try to cover it in a safety zone of larks' vomit.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I've just spent a week going to the spa with it. The water comes from the showers and saunas. It's been sitting in there for 9 days :)

Between vaping, showers, and saunas- you should be well hydrated for the year, lol. Sounds more like a vacation for people that live in the desert.

Hope you're having a relaxing time!!

rc3po

ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2014
    Texas
    I have 2 of them. My newest unit has a tight 510 & a good ohm checker( which was my other gripe with my first unit), but I haven't knocked it onto the floor 3 times like I have done to the first one I bought. I love how it fits & sticks inside the pistol pocket of my leather CC vest.
    I'm going to buy 2 more & stash them in case they stop making them. Since I've beat the first one up pretty good, I'm going to do some experimenting with it and see how water resistant I can get it & still be able to remove the battery. I'll for sure have to get a little longer battery compartment screw, but that shouldn't be too hard.
    If I have some success, I'll put an article about it here at ECF.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread