The e-LVT. The Really Tough but not close to being waterproof, Mod. Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
Yep, no reason that a waterproof emergency venting system couldn't be designed and implemented. But personally, I don't see water resistance as a very compelling feature in a mod, 'cause I'm not in the habit of dropping my gear into toilets. ;)

LOL at the toilet part! I actually would love something waterproof so I can take it in the kayak with me.

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
I hate to say this, but nicotine gum does have its uses...

Yuck!!!

You don't keep a small towel in your bag?

Yeah, but I was also worried about dropping it if I'm standing in the water!

I'll probably just bring my cheaper egos in a zip lock bag, (the dry bag is huge).

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Yep, no reason that a waterproof emergency venting system couldn't be designed and implemented. But personally, I don't see water resistance as a very compelling feature in a mod, 'cause I'm not in the habit of dropping my gear into toilets. ;)

I fish, canoe, ski, hike, mountain bike, four wheel and otherwise in general live outdoors. My phones water proof, my camera is water proof (both containing lipo batteries) and I would be willing to pay for a vape that is water proof because eventually, with me, it is going to get wet.

This is a shot my buddy took of me yesterday sitting in the snow waiting for a flag to go up.

P1010346_zps554e8728.jpg

BTW: Drippers work better than attys when it's 18 degrees bellow freezing.

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I fish, canoe, ski, hike, mountain bike, four wheel and otherwise in general live outdoors. My phones water proof, my camera is water proof (both containing lipo batteries) and I would be willing to pay for a vape that is water proof because eventually, with me, it is going to get wet.

BTW: Drippers work better than attys when it's 18 degrees bellow freezing.
OK, you have different needs/wants than I do, and that's fine. In fact, I'd venture to guess that waterproof alone won't cut it, you might also benefit from insulation and an internal heater to keep your juice warm as well as a pre-heater for your atty. :D

But since no such thing exists, were I in your (snow) shoes, or in any other situation where needed to protect my vape gear from water, I'd probably spring for a Pelican Micro Case.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
OK, you have different needs/wants than I do, and that's fine. In fact, I'd venture to guess that waterproof alone won't cut it, you might also benefit from insulation and an internal heater to keep your juice warm as well as a pre-heater for your atty. :D

But since no such thing exists, were I in your (snow) shoes, or in any other situation where needed to protect my vape gear from water, I'd probably spring for a Pelican Micro Case.

Kind of hard to vape it if it is in one of those.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
True, but it's also kinda hard to vape an atomizer full of water. A waterproof mod might keep the mod from being damaged by water, but it wouldn't keep your whole setup vapable. A case like that would.

Thus the dripper. Drop it in the snow or water? Pick it up, shake it off, blow it of, fire it dry and drip.

What I need is a mod that I can do the same with. I had high hope for this one.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Thus the dripper. Drop it in the snow or water? Pick it up, shake it off, blow it of, fire it dry and drip.
I'm curious: How long does it take to "fire it dry" if the wick is saturated with water? I only own one dripper at present (an IGO-L) that I wick with cotton, and you can't dry out cotton by firing your coil. ;)

PS: IIRC, the owner of Zenesis is working on a mod like you want; he was talking about having it field-tested on a "Deadliest Catch" crab boat. If it works there, it will probably work for you.

Last edited:

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
I only wick with Hemilayen Merlino spun by sequestered virgins from wool collected in the mangers of veal grade sheep as it is naturally shed, so it drys instantly.

Someone should tell the owner to make the one he has out work like he said it would. Then, tell us about the next one.

If he wants some one to shake down a product, have him send one this way for a few weeks. I won't drop it in a toilet, heck, there is no way you could have paid me to reach in to that toilet and retrieve it, but I can take it for a dive and tell him how it works after.

Edit: Current Temp. in Nome Ak 7F Current temp outside my window 4F

Last edited:

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
I won't drop it in a toilet, heck, there is no way you could have paid me to reach in to that toilet and retrieve it, but I can take it for a dive and tell him how it works after.

Edit: Current Temp. in Nome Ak 7F Current temp outside my window 4F

Thanks for the love....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread