Status
Not open for further replies.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
That's all I'm doing man. Really. All in good fun. :)

I'll knock it off now, but the picture of the bubbles coming up is epic fail!

It's all good, I was thinking of cropping the photo just to show the device and the bubbles and was too lazy.....Now I'll forever be the "toilet guy".

Hey....aren't you that guy with the hideous toilet?!!!?... Oh yeah...classic man!!!.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
It's all good, I was thinking of cropping the photo just to show the device and the bubbles and was too lazy.....Now I'll forever be the "toilet guy".

Hey....aren't you that guy with the hideous toilet?!!!?... Oh yeah...classic man!!!.

Here ya go, about the right size for an Avatar:

EHRGjg0.png

:laugh:

CocoaButter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Pennsylvania
i will be doing reviews on this thing soon, ive been beating it senseless. Also,
Capt.shay
Im sure that if you got this mod, then sprayed it with the same stuff you spray your boots with for waterproofing, then it would work great. Now, my batt door dont leak but, im sure if you were scared of a leak there you could throw some sort of thin rubber gasket inside there.

Anyhow, OP, i will be doing some video soon, hopefully. but my connector certainly is airtight.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Also, Capt.shay
Im sure that if you got this mod, then sprayed it with the same stuff you spray your boots with for waterproofing, then it would work great.

I can say with a fair amount of certainty that this would not work.(Is there a two handed face palm emoticon on here?)

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
Well guys, if you read this far, you can see that I had quite an adventure with this mod, and you can even see my attitude regarding this mod change over time. This is why it's wise to wait until you spend some time with a unit before you write a review. Well, I've learned my lesson on this account.

So here is my final verdict on the device: I do NOT recommend this device for several reasons. And these reasons have absolutely nothing to do with me flushing it down the toilet believe it or not.

1. The 18650 battery life is really bad:. It lasted less than a day with my Mini PT 2's at a modest 6.5 to 7.0 watts. When a 2000 mAh battery provides less than half the runtime than an MVP with 2600 mAh LiPo battery then that's a problem. I expected a 2000 mAh battery to last 3/4 the time of a 2600 mAh batttery. (in this case 1.5 days between charges.....this was far from the case).

If you are going to have what is essentially a built in battery, then it needs to be beefy enough to last an entire day without charging, and the e-LVT did not. The device is not designed to have the user swap out batteries easily with it's small little hex screw arrangement on the battery door. I can't even imagine how it would have worked out with my Kayfuns running at 10 watts.

2. The USB Port Cover is awful: While a great idea, it is implemented poorly. The single post where this cover is secured is right next to the micro USB port, so it interferes with your ability to plug in and charge. This means that you don't get good contact with your charger and the unit is unable to charge reliably. The only solution to this is to remove the cover completely, but then you compromise the splash protection on the device. This needs to be completely redesigned. As it is, the USB Port Cover does not allow good charging and also interferes with your grip when using the device in passthrough mode.

3. The USB Ports placement prevent easy passthrough usage: While technically you can use the device in passthrough mode while charging, the placement of the ports make this problematic at best. The position of the ports make the grip of the unit while plugged in very uncomfortable. Add to that the USB cover has to be rotated out of the way which prevents gripping the product properly. Since the unit can't last a day on a charge, using this in passthrough mode is almost a requirement (unlike the MVP), and the fact that it is so hard to use it in comfortably in this mode just adds to the frustration.

Bottom Line: The e-LVT simply does not separate itself sufficiently from an MVP to justify it being nearly double the price of an MVP. It's runtime is half of the MVP, it's durability is not double that of an MVP. Admittedly the components are housed in a very strong case, but the components themselves are not of particularly high quality, and in some cases, things are mounted to the device simply using double sided tape (e.g. the LCD and Button lens).

The MVP is a much more "well built" device despite it being "disposable" and half the cost. Yes the e-LVT is in one heck of a tough "box", but it's kind of slapped together in that box....

For these reasons, I can't recommend the e-LVT over an MVP or any other mod for that matter. You can just get better for less.

Last edited:

mgaruccio

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2011
Ohio
Has anyone with a real smart charger tried using aw or Panasonic cells in this? Without knowing which cell they sent with it it's hard to say for sure but if its a lower quality cell the 2000 mah is probably a lie. And not saturating the battery would make sense in a non-removable batt mod but I don't get it here, who cares if you need to replace the $10 batt in 4 months or 6? Additional charge life seems smarter.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

rc3po

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2014
Texas
They say 1.3 is the lowest. But if yours is like mine... 1.5 reads at 1.0 or 1.9 depending on how it "feels" today. BTW, sent it back for warranty to FastTech, They have excused why they can not send another so much I had to place it in dispute! So.... pretend there is NOT ONE.
My first one had an Ohm reader that was like yours, but my new one I bought last week is much better. The Ohm reader on it is only off 0.1 Ohm so far and is consistent. Also the 510 connection is tighter, although I haven't dropped this one like I have the other one. It seems like they may have listened to peoples complaints or I just happened to get a really good one.

rc3po

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2014
Texas
Well guys, if you read this far, you can see that I had quite an adventure with this mod, and you can even see my attitude regarding this mod change over time. This is why it's wise to wait until you spend some time with a unit before you write a review. Well, I've learned my lesson on this account.

I just can't in all good conscience let you get away with your pathetic diatribe.:mad:
I thought you said previously that you messed it up and couldn't use it any more?

So here is my final verdict on the device: I do NOT recommend this device for several reasons. And these reasons have absolutely nothing to do with me flushing it down the toilet believe it or not.

When I opened my first one up to put a battery in it, I knew not to throw it into water...:rolleyes:

1. The 18650 battery life is really bad:. It lasted less than a day with my Mini PT 2's at a modest 6.5 to 7.0 watts. When a 2000 mAh battery provides less than half the runtime than an MVP with 2600 mAh LiPo battery then that's a problem. I expected a 2000 mAh battery to last 3/4 the time of a 2600 mAh batttery. (in this case 1.5 days between charges.....this was far from the case).

If you are going to have what is essentially a built in battery, then it needs to be beefy enough to last an entire day without charging, and the e-LVT did not. The device is not designed to have the user swap out batteries easily with it's small little hex screw arrangement on the battery door. I can't even imagine how it would have worked out with my Kayfuns running at 10 watts.

That's the biggest bunch of crap-ring( pun intended) I've heard in a long time. I'm new here and I'm ashamed of you.:grr:
My E-LVT has lasted more than a day with my 91% on it at 8watts with a Ultrafire BRC 4000mAh that tested 3.84 volts when I took it out of the box 2 days ago. I apologize, it was a Trustfire TF 3000mAh in it. The Ultrafire is in it now. And people claim that Ultrafire batteries are no good. 2 of them came with a charger I bought on ebay.
Also, it's not a built-in battery! And it's only 1 little screw...

2. The USB Port Cover is awful: While a great idea, it is implemented poorly. The single post where this cover is secured is right next to the micro USB port, so it interferes with your ability to plug in and charge. This means that you don't get good contact with your charger and the unit is unable to charge reliably. The only solution to this is to remove the cover completely, but then you compromise the splash protection on the device. This needs to be completely redesigned. As it is, the USB Port Cover does not allow good charging and also interferes with your grip when using the device in passthrough mode.

It's silicone rubber, it bends easy - you don't have to remove squat( pun not intended).:confused:

3. The USB Ports placement prevent easy passthrough usage: While technically you can use the device in passthrough mode while charging, the placement of the ports make this problematic at best. The position of the ports make the grip of the unit while plugged in very uncomfortable. Add to that the USB cover has to be rotated out of the way which prevents gripping the product properly. Since the unit can't last a day on a charge, using this in passthrough mode is almost a requirement (unlike the MVP), and the fact that it is so hard to use it in comfortably in this mode just adds to the frustration.

There is nowhere in the user manual that says it is a pass-through device. In fact, on Page 1, attention #4, it says, in perfect Chinglish, "Please stopping smoking when using the USB line to charge the battery". :facepalm:

Bottom Line: The e-LVT simply does not separate itself sufficiently from an MVP to justify it being nearly double the price of an MVP. It's runtime is half of the MVP, it's durability is not double that of an MVP. Admittedly the components are housed in a very strong case, but the components themselves are not of particularly high quality, and in some cases, things are mounted to the device simply using double sided tape (e.g. the LCD and Button lens).

Bottom line is that I wouldn't buy an MVP even if it was only $20 because it doesn't have a removable battery.( One little screw doesn't scare me, sorry):2cool:

The MVP is a much more "well built" device despite it being "disposable" and half the cost. Yes the e-LVT is in one heck of a tough "box", but it's kind of slapped together in that box....

For these reasons, I can't recommend the e-LVT over an MVP or any other mod for that matter. You can just get better for less.

For these reasons I DO recommend the E-LVT to everyone! Some stores have it for $59.99 if I remember right.
I'm not sure if you are just mad because you showed the world your putrid toilet and decided to take it out on the E-LVT or what, but I'll have trouble ever trusting any review that you make.:headbang:

Last edited:

Giraut

Moved On
Dec 6, 2013
I'm curious: How long does it take to "fire it dry" if the wick is saturated with water?
That I can tell you: it'll deplete half your battery before drying enough to become vapeable again. I recently dripped swimming pool water inside my atty, and it just wouldn't dry by firing the coil. I had to remove the atty's skirt, dry the wick with a paper towel... and then replace the coil and wick entirely anyway, to get rid of the taste of chlorine :)

By the way, my e-LVT has survived a week of going to the spa with me (not in the pool obviously), under the shower, in a very hot sauna 3 times a day, and not once has it shown any sign of misbehaving. [EDIT: and I got lucky. DO NOT EXPOSE YOUR E-LVT TO WATER!!! See this post.] It's still working good as good as the first day. The ohmmeter seems accurate, and I'm not particularly disappointed by the battery life. It doesn't seem any shorter than the run time I get out of my eVic with the same battery. Or maybe I'm easily pleased...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread