The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Quitting vaping... advice please

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by fitchy, Oct 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. fitchy

fitchy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Hey guys ands gals, I’ve been vaping an awfully long time and now come to the conclusion it’s time to quit... I am in the U.K. , so I’ve not really got any idea of where I can get rid of most of my hardware.... lots in the collection.... I’m definitely not just dumping the lot of it, as it cost me quite a bit in the first instance.... obvs I will not be getting rid of any batteries etc as I can still use those in torches etc... I have managed to wean myself off nic salts (due to bad reaction) , and back onto less than 3 mg nic at the moment... I plan on making some 0 nic liquid to aid my quitting.... if anyone has any helpful advice- please post.... thanks!

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Congratulations! I have no idea what to do in the UK--there must be charitable organizations that would gladly accept vaping gear. But @Mordacai , @dreamvaper or @Richard Winter (or other Brits) might be able to help.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. HigherStateD

HigherStateD Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Try a good cinnamon flavor for placebo throat hit effect.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Mordacai

Mordacai Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Menthol, Koolada and peppermint are other good flavours for throat hit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Katya

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I was hoping you would have some tips regarding the hardware--where to donate or PIF?

• Like Like x 1
  6. fitchy

Thanks , but sticking to 3mg juice with flavours I already have.... I used to diy juice, and cinnamon is not one of my faves, too hot!!! Lol thanks tho!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mordacai

Mordacai Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Unfortunately @Katya, the only thing that comes to mind is to put items up for sale through the for sale section of the forum.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Daniel Forsyth

Daniel Forsyth Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    You can put a thread up in the Classifieds Section here to sell any hardware that you are interested in selling:thumb:
    Good Luck:)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. fitchy

Yea thanks and all that, but really not interested in changing flavours etc.... looking to stop entirely, just need advice on where I can get rid of hardware mods etc in the U.K.... thanks again

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Katya

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Any local vaping forums with PIF or classifieds? Most of ECF users are Americans or Australians, Canadians, etc.--shipping costs will be prohibitive for used items.

11. fitchy

Ok gha
    yes that’s what I thought, not sure if the U.K. site still exists.... I will have to look around a bit more I think. Thanks again

• Like Like x 1
  12. Daniel Forsyth

Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    A lot of people use Gumtree these days for their vape sales now that eBay is no go:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. fitchy

Thanks I will look into that to see if the laws etc will allow such things vape related... it’s tricky to get rid of in U.K. ...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Daniel Forsyth

Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    It definitely is legal, I've recently purchased 2 Asmodus mods from the UK Gumtree website:thumb:
    Do your homework yourself though:)

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. HigherStateD

Woops...

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. fitchy

No worries, thanks for any suggestions, any comments welcomed! Lol cinnamon tends to burn my mouth.... lol I’m not into hot stuff or spices... lol thanks again

17. HigherStateD

Lol, that was actually a post I deleted as best I could, as it was meant for another thread. The reason I suggested cinnamon though, was specifically for the reason you didn't like it. Maybe not as much cinnamon as you used, but when I tried 0 nic, it definitely was missing something, and the cinnamon burn filled that void with a placebo effect. I had been vaping half a mg per ml for a month before that too, so even at low dose to nothing, my brain still needed something that wasn't there.

Psudo-ninja edited to add, it's getting awfully late (early?) this side of the pond...

18. dreamvaper

dreamvaper Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    I'd also say Gumtree and/or your local city board

• Like Like x 1
  19. Richard Winter

Richard Winter Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi @fitchy, have sent you a PM.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SlowTalker

SlowTalker Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2010
    Ohio
    Check out the Vape Trader website. You an include in your listing that you will only ship to the UK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.