Status
Not open for further replies.

super dave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
1 Mile High
I'm in Thornton, a northern suburb of Denver if you're not familiar with it.

OH YEAH! My good friend lives in Northglen, I live here in Evergreen, about 30 years now. WOW, small world as they say.
I'm originally from Michigan born in Detroit and had lived in St Clair Shores since I was 4. We think of moving to MI as things have gotten so high here $'s. Love the mountains but the forest fires are getting bad with the drought and all but we've lived through before

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
OH YEAH! My good friend lives in Northglen, I live here in Evergreen, about 30 years now. WOW, small world as they say.
I'm originally from Michigan born in Detroit and had lived in St Clair Shores since I was 4. We think of moving to MI as things have gotten so high here $'s. Love the mountains but the forest fires are getting bad with the drought and all but we've lived through before

St. Clair Shores? That is right around the way from me. I did live in Detroit and still have a house out there in the Boston Edison District, but I currently reside in Mount Clemens.

Last edited:

super dave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
1 Mile High
St. Clair Shores? That is right around the way from me. I did live in Detroit and still have a house out there in the Boston Edison District, but I currently reside in Mount Clemens.

Love Mt Clemens, used to hang out on Gratiot, Street racing and drive in restaurants was the thing in the 60's and such. There was a drive in called Midgions and what a burger and the point.. I'm not sure your age but those were the day's

super dave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
1 Mile High
Welp your a youngster I also have many friends your age, as I'm just an old kid,63. My good friend lives in East Detroit (east point now) and lives not far off of gratiot and goes to the cruise every year. I used to have the fastest car at my home drive in called Jupiters in then called E Det. Just thought of something funny how the street names are in Mi like gratiot, should have a contest on how these are pronounced and like Cadieux I bet no body not from there could do it.
OH YEAH, the car I had back then was a 1968 plymouth road runner, 426ci 425hp street hemi, Super Car
Loved that car and those days. Just me, my girl friend, my job, my car. What a life

super dave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
1 Mile High
If my Dad were alive he'd be pronouncing that "Day-trwa" :)

This comes from - de-troit, where De means the, and troit means narrow, referring to the Detroit river.

Nowadays, a troit is a lady of very low fashion sense who is also prone to urinate in public places :D
WOA! I did not know that?

aaron fire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2009
Tiger Mountain
If my Dad were alive he'd be pronouncing that "Day-trwa" :)

This comes from - de-troit, where De means the, and troit means narrow, referring to the Detroit river.

Nowadays, a troit is a lady of very low fashion sense who is also prone to urinate in public places :D

Your explanation of the word detroit didn't ring a bell, so I checked here:
Online Etymology Dictionary

"from Fr. détroit, lit. "straits," from O.Fr. destreit (12c.), from L. districtum, neut. of districtus."

"Detroit" is a French word predating the American city, apparently.

I've only known "de" as a preposition. My last name begins with "de", and at one time I was researching the meaning of that name.

As for "troit", isn't that just a personal insult with no meaning? Maybe connected to the English insult "tw*t" (not "twit"), which would be pronounced similarly.

dodari

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Mexico
I figured I would start a thread for Jerry so that requests or questions could all be somewhat contained in one place. Between emails, calls (sorry), PMs, and questions in many other threads, I figure one thread for all things directed toward him may be a little simple and tidy.

Jerry,

I wish I could get your 555, which I have some from you, with a stout dose of the WTA in it. I'm having one helluva time staying off the analog mini-cigars that are sold on the Reservation virtually next to me at $10.00/carton, no kidding on the price(10-20cigars/pack at $10). The Rez store is called White Buffalo. The brand is Cornerstone-Full Flavor. The tele. no. is 505-869-2121, if anyone thinks I am b.s.-ing. I get a carton for about $7.50/ as I have an enrollment number out of Pine RIdge,SD where I basically grew up, years ago.

I'm not advertizing for them, I hate my g-damned addiction to this analog crap, it's really a health issue to me, yet I do it anyway. The DHT, GI, TR and the other WTA I got are good and I guess you'd say calming, just my favorite is the 555. Putting it this way. On the WTA I do not have the maniacal itch for an analog, without it I would fight to get an analog. I turn into a real addict that is "getting short" if you ever had a poppyaddiction(don't want to explain the details of riding the horsie, don't do that anymore, 32 years past that, they say I'm hyper-type A).

Anyway, I'm hoping there's a way to do this and get a couple of weeks w/o analogs under my belt and then moderate and hopefully not make everyone around me want to call the boys in white with the nets and the funny jacket with very long sleeves, ya dig?

Jerry, up in Wickenburg, AZ there's a trreatment center called The Meadows where I went on June 21, 1980. I was there on a doctor and judge's "or else" referral for 14 weeks, normal stay was about 5 weeks. The Meadows is still there, with a thriving business BTW. I was there for booze/drug addiction and colateral legal issues. NA people have a terrible addiction statistic. I'm half and my maternal side was wine drinkin' Itais. Happy diabetes.

Sorry to ramble. Anyway I really like the taste, th and vape of your 555, just need the WTA "calmative" for awhile, then I think I could ween off and enjoy something else.

Yeah, I know this is crazy, still, crazy after all these years.

amba/ciaou/ later, thanks.

super dave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
1 Mile High
dodari, i feel for you. There's a person in Golden, Co; Who may be of some help, the minister Sonny White, i believe him to be part Cherokee, i know Navajo and maybe blackfoot? Anyway he's an Elder to me and has quite a story to tell, one is when he came to Denver from SD in the back of a pickup truck loaded on juice and with all he was doing, should be dead but instead found a calling and is willing to tell his story and help all. He and his wife do much for needy and folks who need help, or anyone for that matter. I don't know if this is something you'd be into but i really believe in him and could give you much info, if you want and we should do this by PM so the whole world don't hear. :unsure:

dodari

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Mexico
dodari, i feel for you. There's a person in Golden, Co; Who may be of some help, the minister Sonny White, i believe him to be part Cherokee, i know Navajo and maybe blackfoot? Anyway he's an Elder to me and has quite a story to tell, one is when he came to Denver from SD in the back of a pickup truck loaded on juice and with all he was doing, should be dead but instead found a calling and is willing to tell his story and help all. He and his wife do much for needy and folks who need help, or anyone for that matter. I don't know if this is something you'd be into but i really believe in him and could give you much info, if you want and we should do this by PM so the whole world don't hear. :unsure:

SD, thanks for your thoughtful reply. I'm 1/2 Lakota, 1/2 Itai with a little Sphardic influence thrown in over the centuries I s'pose. Though I grew up on Pine Ridge and The Rosebud and then later in K.C., Mo. with my mom's Itai relatives(who were quite interesting political-wise and business-wise), I really try, usually, to avoid ethnic/racial crud. Such stuff is not good for business.

Anyway I wanted to see if I could get the Aroma 555 with WTA as the smaller bottles of GI JOE, DHT, TR and such do work for me. They're good but 555 is my fav. Perhaps I'll get an answer perhaps not. But no answer is an answer. I'm an old engineer/attorney.

Anyway your friend Sonny White sounds interesting. I'm computer challenged(old dog new tricks) and I'll try to PM you later, maybe today or later. I've got to go to a deposition up in town today and counsel my client.

hasta luego.

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
www.aromaejuice.com
SD, thanks for your thoughtful reply. I'm 1/2 Lakota, 1/2 Itai with a little Sphardic influence thrown in over the centuries I s'pose. Though I grew up on Pine Ridge and The Rosebud and then later in K.C., Mo. with my mom's Itai relatives(who were quite interesting political-wise and business-wise), I really try, usually, to avoid ethnic/racial crud. Such stuff is not good for business.

Anyway I wanted to see if I could get the Aroma 555 with WTA as the smaller bottles of GI JOE, DHT, TR and such do work for me. They're good but 555 is my fav. Perhaps I'll get an answer perhaps not. But no answer is an answer. I'm an old engineer/attorney.

Anyway your friend Sonny White sounds interesting. I'm computer challenged(old dog new tricks) and I'll try to PM you later, maybe today or later. I've got to go to a deposition up in town today and counsel my client.

hasta luego.

I could try a batch for you. Let me know when you might place a order and we will throw in some 555 infused with WTA. To me the flavor tasted a little off. I love 555 but wTA did not jive well with 555 with my taste buds.

dodari

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Mexico
I could try a batch for you. Let me know when you might place a order and we will throw in some 555 infused with WTA. To me the flavor tasted a little off. I love 555 but wTA did not jive well with 555 with my taste buds.

Wouldn't ya know it. About the time you were writing I had just ordered 30ml. more of your 555, which I really like, as I was running low on the previous I had gotten from y'all.

Hmmmm. Well, lemme go over the other smaller with WTA and see which really could be all day vape for a while. I love the DHT but it is almost too much effect for all day, but it is my favorite of the WTA, just seems more powerful, to me at least, than the others though they have a good effect too. Will try to decide on one, keeping it simple(for me).

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
www.aromaejuice.com
Hey Gang,

I feel so bad that I have not been on lately. I had this other gig which takes a ton of time from my day and even getting on for a couple of minutes take some serious help from the powers above.

Once I get back home from the road I will make sure to follow up with these requests.

If you want to see what I'm doing just let me know and I will post some footage.

dodari

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Mexico
It's cool, Jerry, understand.

Would love to see some footage, particularly if it has to do with the B-17, was it? Would be really neat I think.

Seems like whatever your other gig is it keeps you involved with pretty exciting and interesting stuff. I'm just curious, of course.

Traveling back home be safe, ok?

ciaou

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
www.aromaejuice.com
It's cool, Jerry, understand.

Would love to see some footage, particularly if it has to do with the B-17, was it? Would be really neat I think.

Seems like whatever your other gig is it keeps you involved with pretty exciting and interesting stuff. I'm just curious, of course.

Traveling back home be safe, ok?

ciaou

The B-17G is hard work but in reality its my vacation time which I donate to a charitable organization.

I have two different companies outside this biz and they involve flying and Explosives. I basically tell people that when I'm not in the lab I'm either flying or I get to blow stuff up. It keeps me on my toes and I feel like I'm contributing to society instead of just making a buck. Summer months are hard for me because I'm involved with the air show circuit which keeps me on the road and away from home.

I'm uploading some stuff to youtube to give you a little insight as to what I do when I'm not in the lab.

This video is just a snip of me having some fun.

Last edited:

dodari

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Mexico
The B-17G is hard work but in reality its my vacation time which I donate to a charitable organization.

I have two different companies outside this biz and they involve flying and Explosives. I basically tell people that when I'm not in the lab I'm either flying or I get to blow stuff up. It keeps me on my toes and I feel like I'm contributing to society instead of just making a buck. Summer months are hard for me because I'm involved with the air show circuit which keeps me on the road and away from home.

I'm uploading some stuff to youtube to give you a little insight as to what I do when I'm not in the lab.

This video is just a snip of me having some fun.

So cool, so cool! Ah to be young again.

Please put up a link when you get the vids up on youtube, ok?

Bombers? Explosives? Oh I get it. New method of traffic control for rush hour on I-5 in L.A. I want that 50 cal. machine gun next to you on the B-17, I can mount it on my hood for when I'm up in town in Albuquerque. I would use a 40mm LAWS but the cyclic rate is so slow.

Any shows you're doing in New Mexico this year?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread