Rally in D.C. 11/9/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

DARKFIRE007

Nov 16, 2014
Alabama
your belief is charming. I respect what you believe and that you believe, but I do not think this person respects you back in any way or will help you in any way.

From what I have seen trump actually do, rather than say (because they are different) it is my considered impression that he doesn’t do anything for anyone ever unless there’s something in it for him personally that is a good bit greater than what it might cost HIM personally. He does not lift a finger for anyone except himself ever, and he doesn’t care how much damage he does to anyone else ever. There is no weighing of long term consequences. Good of humanity, of the people, or the country is not himself personally. His definition of truth is anything to his personal advantage and falsehood is anything not to his personal disadvantage. Reality is unimportant.
If trump thinks there is some attainable personal gain from banning e-cigarettes and letting us all be crushed he will do it in a heartbeat. Anything in the future regarding the nation past his presidency he doesn’t care about. Any action that might cost anyone but himself he doesn’t care about.

if he is convinced that he cannot win in 2020 without standing up for vaping he might do it. If he is not convinced he won’t. You think you can give more to him than BT? We know what they want.

Yea I wasn't looking for a political debate, just stating a cold hard fact, when you win certain states by the skin of your teeth you may lose those states next time if you anger your base. Some may say things like it won't impact votes, but have you ever made it hard on a loved one to smoke or vape? people do NOT take kindly to it. Somehow I doubt people who vape will just let his ban slide and vote for him. If we are on the lawn saying no flavor no vote I think he will walk it back rather fast to a campaign to prevent underage sales. I am solidly in his base, but I will be at home on voting day if I'm vaping tobacco flavor....as will many others.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
My pop told me as a lad "never discuss politics and religion with strangers".

I found that to be good advice over the years, but not because of disagreeing with the other side. Nope I value others opinions. Especially opposing ones.

The issue I see is when folks actually agree with each other but are too busy shouting at each other to realize it. That's what my pop was talking about.

Maybe I watch too many cop shows, but frankly I'm afraid to walk down the streets in my nations capital. A place where the name of the pro basketball team had to be changed due to irony of "bullets" whizzing about all over the place and half the crazies on the planet dream of self detonating themselves someday.

Plus it's just too dam crowded there. To move 5 city blocks in your automobile can take 2 hours on any given day due to pothole patching or some idiot never realized cars gasoline tanks have to be refilled from time to time.

I try to do my part one person at a time as opportunities present themselves and have probably changed more minds to see the virtues of vaping to a positive than I would in a march on DC. I will stick with that, thank you. But will say "BRAVO" to those that make the effort to be there that day.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
That's sad. Well, at least some have seen it and hopefully more will now.
From where I sit in Minnesota in front of a computer it looks like it’s being promoted really poorly on the internet. The searches I found turned up literally nothing. People need to know it is happening. There are always people visiting DC. They’re often looking for something to do. Where do they look for stuff to do?

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I can see it now……
Alphabet news organizations focusing on cloud chuckers in the crowd saying "see we told you these things are bad" "just look at all those toxins being inhaled".

Little by little the truth about vaping is being told outside the alphabet news and tweeter world. Seriously. I have spoken to my legislators who came out all hands on deck about the vaping scurge and every one has indicated they had been mislead by the news media about the ratio of adult vapers versus kids.

They all still want the alarming rate of kids vaping to stop climbing but at the same time now understand just how many millions of former smokers may go back to smoking if vaping products suddenly disppear.

I think what's missing here at ECF is a basic understanding that by far the largest slice of the vaping population are pre-packaged users. I mean, just Juul sales alone should prove that. But if you watch outside a vape shop next to a tobacco shop, the numbers of people entering and exiting the tobacco shop is way more people, and many are there for refills not cigarettes these days. Otherwise big tobacco would not be interested in vaping. My Blu, Juul etc……they sells millions and millions of those things.

Why? They're as convenient as a can of soda. They don't want to be bothered with refilling a vape stick anymore than refilling a water bottle. And they definitely don't want to deal with leaks from refillables. Many see vape shops as that place where those giant cloud types go. "Not for me" they say.

Are they going to bother to go to DC to stand in the cold, surrounded by those "crazy cloud chuckers who's vapes explode"?
Hell no. ECF does the vaping world a lot of good. Heaven knows I'm no longer tortured by those big tobacco owned garbage, and so are many people I know. But the 'vaping' masses don't see a problem with their current configurations, nor will they anytime soon. Many of my comrads say "if I want coffee cake flavor I eat coffee cake, not vape it" and are perfectly content with tobacco flavored pre-fills.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Oh WOW my login actually worked lol...I haven't been here since my Ego pen days. I am hunting for info and a WAY to this rally. There are millions of vapers in Trumps base, if we speak as one with #WeVapeWeVote he WILL take notice and walk the flavor ban back. This could actually cost him 2020.
your belief is charming. I respect what you believe and that you believe, but I do not think this person respects you back in any way or will help you in any way.

From what I have seen trump actually do, rather than say (because they are different) it is my considered impression that he doesn’t do anything for anyone ever unless there’s something in it for him personally that is a good bit greater than what it might cost HIM personally. He does not lift a finger for anyone except himself ever, and he doesn’t care how much damage he does to anyone else ever. There is no weighing of long term consequences. Good of humanity, of the people, or the country is not himself personally. His definition of truth is anything to his personal advantage and falsehood is anything not to his personal disadvantage. Reality is unimportant.
If trump thinks there is some attainable personal gain from banning e-cigarettes and letting us all be crushed he will do it in a heartbeat. Anything in the future regarding the nation past his presidency he doesn’t care about. Any action that might cost anyone but himself he doesn’t care about.

if he is convinced that he cannot win in 2020 without standing up for vaping he might do it. If he is not convinced he won’t. You think you can give more to him than BT? We know what they want.

quittingvegas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Las Vegas
72144919_138385747557953_8567492116568080384_n.jpg

United Vapers Alliance

DARKFIRE007

Nov 16, 2014
Alabama
Oh WOW my login actually worked lol...I haven't been here since my Ego pen days. I am hunting for info and a WAY to this rally. There are millions of vapers in Trumps base, if we speak as one with #WeVapeWeVote he WILL take notice and walk the flavor ban back. This could actually cost him 2020.

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2019
Atlanta Georgia
Good evening all. I'm a major lurker and don't post much. I realized I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere on ECF.

You can find information on the website https://unitedvapersalliance.org they have all the info there and their facebook page where i believe they may be doing a car pool section. It is 12-4pm Nov 9th at The Elipse Washington DC. As many people as possible are needed at the Rally to make our presence felt.

A lot of Media will be present, as I understand will some Anti Vaping Groups, apparently taking kids along. All I can say is please be respectful of these groups, they have the right to counter protest, they have the right to their opinions. We are there to show our support for vaping, the Millions of people it's helped and the Millions who haven't found us yet. Also to show support for the hundreds of thousands who could be put out of work, you all seen what's already happened. We are trying to educate people about the truth and the continual misrepresentation of Vaping as we know it. It's probably best not to blow huge clouds!

DARKFIRE007

Nov 16, 2014
Alabama
It will only matter to the idiots known as single issue voters. Informed voters are not single issue voters and vaping will make no difference either way. Vaper or not.

Oh don't hand me that single issue dribble...I am in his base for multiple reasons such as border security, stopping what seems to be a nationwide push by Democrats to normalize killing a 9 month old child, our second amendment being protected, not paying for illegals healthcare with higher taxes, among other reasons. Infringing on ANY freedom for no reason is enough to give me pause in voting...the message that if kids can do something meant for adults we will punish everyone regardless of the rights of the adult. I don't THINK so. I may be a Trump voter but I AM an American first and won't have it.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
This will not make any difference to informed voters.

• Agree
Reactions: Opinionated

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas

Replace trump with people and I think that describes the viewpoint of most people in modern society. It's disheartening how much selfishness is a part of everyday life. It used to be that greed, selfishness, corruption and its like appalled us. Now we see this as common place, consideration and generosity have become the exceptions, and are applauded because of their rarity.

What are we as a species evolving to become? From my viewpoint, it's not the bright future I was taught to believe in, and work towards advancing. When history looks back on us in 200 years, what will they call our age?

• Agree
Reactions: United States
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread