Status
Not open for further replies.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
My rambling: I was able, over the last few months, to stay off the cigs (using stuff like Apollo and White Cloud) while out of the house. But, at home, stepping out on the porch and having my American Spirits was hard to overcome. Thanks to all the advice and support from you folks:toast:, and switching to the Triton (along with the G6), two weeks ago, without really intending to do so, I had my last analog. Strange. Still have a half pack in the cupboard.
Overall, I'm content with the Halo hardware and software. (But, did just order some Boba, Gorilla and Heather's to compare with the Tribeca, which has been a really pleasing juice.) I did have a leaking tank (which Halo replaced), and what, based on other postings, appears to have been vapers tongue. These have passed (the martinis did definitely help with the VT) and I'm enjoying my set-up again.

My request for advice is this: since this is my first experience with a PV (did I get the acronym right, or is it an APV, or something else?) and since I'd like to try to steer my son away from analogs toward some sort of e-cig:
for those of you, who are many out there, who have far more experience than I: is the Halo hardware as nice as it seems to my neophyte eyes, or should I be guiding my boy to something else that's comparable functionally but superior? I recognize this may be a biased sub-forum, but it's clear from your posts that you've been around.
what do you think?

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
(Diva and Angi have been around, but that's another topic...)

I think Halo hardware is superior, for what it is. Beyond the entry level cig-a-like.

There are more advanced systems, like the innoken or the provari. But a noobie might be intimidated by them, as well as the price and very un-cig looks.

In order to get someone to go vape rather than analog, a system has to
1. work right out of the box (after charging)
2. Satisfy with vapor, taste and nicotine.
3. Continue to work day after day
4. Look appealing to the user.

One stop shopping with a vendor who is also the manufacturer is big. Customer service is better, as you have seen.

I've seen other stuff cheaper, but I don't hear the satisfation from users, or they move on quickly to other stuff.

We won't go into the "Lead the horse to water.." of an analog user. But Halo does have these lovely gift cards...

Damn, you'd think I get a commission for every time I recommend Halo. (Note to self: I should check into it) But for THE DEVISE that has me so totally off of analogs, I can't help but push them. Heavily.

just my dos centavos...:2c:

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
Welcome to the non-smoker club!

The Triton tank is nothing but a Kanger T2. However...

Halo is unique in having a backwards compatibility between the slim G6 line, and it's bigger brother, the mighty Triton. Also, Halo's main competitor (Smokeless Image) has a similar line of compatible products, but having tried a few myself, I'd still stick to Halo; it's much less troublesome, and more reliable.

You may miss out on eGo (most common threading) hardware, but I never found myself lacking options, and am glad that I have a reliable system that is keeping me away from expensive experiments with cutting edge overpriced tank solutions.

I save about $150 per month, from smoking a pack a day ($7 ea. in MA).

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
For someone starting, or even for 'veterans', I don't think there is a better, more reliable, easy to use kit on the market. When I began shopping for something that was a step up from a VEA with cartos, I read a lot of reviews, checked a lot of sites and bought a Halo starter kit. The problem with every other vendor I found was that I never seemed to know what I needed. They were like mix and match parts bins. Halo had everything I needed to start.

After my first vape, I ordered more tanks and sample tins of e-juice. On day 5, I lit up a cigarette and put it out in disgust. I couldn't take the taste or smell anymore. That was in May. Haven't looked back, nor have had a cigarette since.

I do have other gear- a ProVari, ProVari Mini, ProVape-1, ProTank2s, Tatroe tanks, cartos and a carto-tank. Still use Halo Tritons everyday. The other tanks can be fiddly, require work and maintenance; I would have never quit smoking with the more 'advanced' equipment. Sometimes I just want a quick, warm vape that is easy and fast to fill- the Triton is it.

Vaping has become a bit of a hobby for me, so I like to try a lot of things out, but always go back to the Halo Tritons- I have 2 of every size and 6 vv.

chesty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Sydney, Australia
i have a mod on the way, an innokin svd which I ordered almost 2 months ago from fasttech. I'm guessing it's not going to turn up, and it's past the 45 days paypal dispute period. :(
however, for going out and even around the house, a triton is perfect, fits in the pocket, it doesn't leak. great flavour with the factory coils, you can also rebuild coils.
In a nutshell, I would get both, if he out grows the triton, you can use it. you can't have enough tanks, and the batteries are consumable.

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA

Ahem...The 'like' that I gave your post DaveOno, was...how should I say this, 'ambivalent' to say the least! (PFFFFT):glare:lol Anyhoo, I agree with all of the previous posts. I would also like to say that HALO ROCKS!:headbang: My 'Mighty Tritons', Eduardo and Manuel..... (WHAT? You all don't NAME yours?!?) have served me well in my time of need. :vapor:

.....(Countess exits the room with a saucy sashay) :2cool:

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA
i have a mod on the way, an innokin svd which I ordered almost 2 months ago from fasttech. I'm guessing it's not going to turn up, and it's past the 45 days paypal dispute period. :(

Oh Chesty, that's terrible. I feel bad for you. I hope you can get it resolved soon. Man, that blows. :(

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts

I think Halo hardware is superior, for what it is. Beyond the entry level cig-a-like.

There are more advanced systems, like the innoken or the provari. But a noobie might be intimidated by them, as well as the price and very un-cig looks.

In order to get someone to go vape rather than analog, a system has to
1. work right out of the box (after charging)
2. Satisfy with vapor, taste and nicotine.
3. Continue to work day after day
4. Look appealing to the user.

One stop shopping with a vendor who is also the manufacturer is big. Customer service is better, as you have seen.

I've seen other stuff cheaper, but I don't hear the satisfation from users, or they move on quickly to other stuff.

We won't go into the "Lead the horse to water.." of an analog user. But Halo does have these lovely gift cards...

Damn, you'd think I get a commission for every time I recommend Halo. (Note to self: I should check into it) But for THE DEVISE that has me so totally off of analogs, I can't help but push them. Heavily.

just my dos centavos...:2c:

Thanks. Your points regarding what a system must satisfy are well thought out and nicely summarized.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Welcome to the non-smoker club!

The Triton tank is nothing but a Kanger T2. However...

Halo is unique in having a backwards compatibility between the slim G6 line, and it's bigger brother, the mighty Triton. Also, Halo's main competitor (Smokeless Image) has a similar line of compatible products, but having tried a few myself, I'd still stick to Halo; it's much less troublesome, and more reliable.

You may miss out on eGo (most common threading) hardware, but I never found myself lacking options, and am glad that I have a reliable system that is keeping me away from expensive experiments with cutting edge overpriced tank solutions.

I save about $150 per month, from smoking a pack a day ($7 ea. in MA).

Thanks. I agree with your point about backward compatibility: just ordered some G6 minitanks for use with both my G6 and Triton.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
For someone starting, or even for 'veterans', I don't think there is a better, more reliable, easy to use kit on the market. When I began shopping for something that was a step up from a VEA with cartos, I read a lot of reviews, checked a lot of sites and bought a Halo starter kit. The problem with every other vendor I found was that I never seemed to know what I needed. They were like mix and match parts bins. Halo had everything I needed to start.

After my first vape, I ordered more tanks and sample tins of e-juice. On day 5, I lit up a cigarette and put it out in disgust. I couldn't take the taste or smell anymore. That was in May. Haven't looked back, nor have had a cigarette since.

I do have other gear- a ProVari, ProVari Mini, ProVape-1, ProTank2s, Tatroe tanks, cartos and a carto-tank. Still use Halo Tritons everyday. The other tanks can be fiddly, require work and maintenance; I would have never quit smoking with the more 'advanced' equipment. Sometimes I just want a quick, warm vape that is easy and fast to fill- the Triton is it.

Vaping has become a bit of a hobby for me, so I like to try a lot of things out, but always go back to the Halo Tritons- I have 2 of every size and 6 vv.

Thanks. I understand your comments about parts bins. I looked at a couple of hardware websites to try to understand, out of curiosity rather than dissatisfaction, Triton alternatives, and thought to myself "whoaho, this is more complicated than configuring and buying a new computer."
But since your stable is well populated and diverse, if and when I feel like expanding or broadening my collection, what would I consider acquiring and experimenting with?

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
however, for going out and even around the house, a triton is perfect, fits in the pocket, it doesn't leak. great flavour with the factory coils, you can also rebuild coils.
In a nutshell, I would get both, if he out grows the triton, you can use it. you can't have enough tanks, and the batteries are consumable.

Thanks. Agree with your thoughts on Triton benefits. And also about the tanks. Now that I've used it for a couple of weeks, I realize I should have bought more tanks and coils with the starter order. They're on the way.

JR 137

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Albany, NY, USA
Halo's claim to fame for a beginner IMO is that it keeps everything simple and easy. If you ask anywhere around the forum for recommendations, you'll get enough different answers to make your head spin and give up before you start. That's not a shot at people around here (ECF as a whole), but I'm just stating it can get pretty overwhelming pretty quickly.

There are no perfect devices out there; at least there isn't one perfect device out there for every single person, otherwise every device but one would become obsolete. Halo keeps it very simple by having a select few products that work very well. They keep the juice options very simple as well too; you're not trying to guess what PG/VG ratio will work best, flavor shots, etc., and they don't get all squirrelly with their flavors. Veterans may look down on that or criticize their lack of options, but we're not discussing a veteran.

I went with Halo due to their simplicity (in gear and juices), reputation, and one-stop shopping. I stuck with them exclusively for quite a while. After a successful several months I began to look at other hardware, not because it wasn't working for me anymore, but because I was curious about what else was out there.

If you're looking to broaden your horizons with gear, try an Innokin VV 3.0. It's an introduction to mods while retaining ego style/sized batteries, and the threading allows the use of a ton of delivery devices. It's cost effective as you don't have to get batteries and a charger.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Ahem...The 'like' that I gave your post DaveOno, was...how should I say this, 'ambivalent' to say the least! (PFFFFT):glare:lol Anyhoo, I agree with all of the previous posts. I would also like to say that HALO ROCKS!:headbang: My 'Mighty Tritons', Eduardo and Manuel..... (WHAT? You all don't NAME yours?!?) have served me well in my time of need. :vapor:

.....(Countess exits the room with a saucy sashay) :2cool:

(evaluating......"ambivalent" "PFFFFT" noting 4 capital "F"s "saucy sashay" )
:unsure:

(recalling previous incidents......)
:facepalm:

(course of action decided.)

(just quietly leave these by the door)

View attachment 276182

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
(evaluating......"ambivalent" "PFFFFT" noting 4 capital "F"s "saucy sashay" )
:unsure:

(recalling previous incidents......)
:facepalm:

(course of action decided.)

(just quietly leave these by the door)

View attachment 276182

another surrender....she wants a confrontation, Diva is obviously the kind that feeds off conflict.

and Saran Wrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread