Random DIY mixing (hybrid)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
OK, here we go... I may have opened another "rabbit hole".
This thread is about mixing pre-made juices with DIY juices, with other pre-made juices, and "fixing" pre-made juices. I have been trying so many things. Mixing flavor concentrates with pre-made juice, mixing VG and/or PG, mixing concentrated nicotine, mixing small DIY "tester batches", mixing those into a "mutt mix", mixing that with pre-made, switching to tobacco juices (with other juices still in the tank, and visa/versa) and so on. Actually, switching between juices in the same tank, saving juices that were too thick, too weak of nic level, and so on is what inspired this thread. Right now, I had this juice that was too thick, too low in nic level, and seemed to be a "coil killer", and almost threw it out. Added some 48 mg nic PG I got (to mix with VG for my DIY), and suddenly love it! No, rules... hybrid pre-made/DIY mixes... the rabbit hole has widened! Go for it...

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
There are plenty of vapers who do what you do, they just tend to not do it very long. Many get going full swing on mixing from scratch pretty quickly once they figure out exactly what pg vg ratio and nic strength they want to consistently vape. And cost is a factor too. Some startup cost but then liquid is 1/10th the cost of what you are using now.
Good luck and don't get frustrated.
The most important thing is you are satisfied with what you are doing.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I'm totally into DIY now... just still have all these pre-made juices hanging around. Why use a vanilla or custard FC when I still have all this Vapetasia Killer Kustard anyway. Also got a bunch of juices from subscription service that are too thick (VG) and/or too weak (Nic) so I just add 48mg PG to them... problem solved. My post was to help those that might have pre-made juices that is too strong/weak flavor, too thick/thin, too low/high nic ect or just needs a flavor boost (add some lemon or berry FC) Yes, I'm very satisfied with what I'm doing. Should have just added this to the (ongoing) mega-thread.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I thought the idea of helping people fix juices was a decent one. Many do come to this site with liquids that are not quite how they like.
Thank you, that was a big part of why I posted this. Yes, I always "think of something"... actually it's a curse (overactive imagination) Peace out, vape on.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
My very first attempt at DIY was to add flavor concentrates to pre-made Vapetasia Killer Kustard (KK) Huge mistake! That KK is just overpowering, so this time I mixed the same flavors (lemon, berry mix, and apple pie) with my standard base, then mixed with KK. Vaping it right now... much better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread