Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeepster08

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
RATank.jpg

I received my RAtank from DFW Vapor today. Getting the wick and coil set up took about 10 minutes the first time around and was very easy. This is a great rebuildable if you do not mind the size and look of it!

Jeepster08

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Down the center is a tube for air-flow from the bottom just like a traditional carto. Off to the sides of that are two bolts that serve as the +/- connections that go up thru the center cap piece. All the hardware appears to be stainless, but I can't testify to that. The center and top/bottom caps are made out of some sort of plastic or hard rubber... possibly vulcanite? They seem to be made out of some sort of bar stock and cut on a lathe. All I know is that this thing works great and I am vaping myself silly with it as I type this. I have not found much info on this rebuildable on the web but hopefully others with more experience will get one in their hands and post some video reviews. If not I may have to do so myself. There is one video on You Tube already but I feel I have come up with a better coil and wick setup than that video instructs. No offense if he reads this! :)

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Down the center is a tube for air-flow from the bottom just like a traditional carto. Off to the sides of that are two bolts that serve as the +/- connections that go up thru the center cap piece. All the hardware appears to be stainless, but I can't testify to that. The center and top/bottom caps are made out of some sort of plastic or hard rubber... possibly vulcanite? They seem to be made out of some sort of bar stock and cut on a lathe. All I know is that this thing works great and I am vaping myself silly with it as I type this. I have not found much info on this rebuildable on the web but hopefully others with more experience will get one in their hands and post some video reviews. If not I may have to do so myself. There is one video on You Tube already but I feel I have come up with a better coil and wick setup than that video instructs. No offense if he reads this! :)

What did you use for your wick?

Justinking

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
Asheville NC
www.vapeunited.com
Just ordered one today, they dropped price to $61!!! I'm pretty sure if the cinnamon doesn't crack it, it will fuse with it, it's made from poly carbonate Tubing, the "caps" are made from a solid piece of Delrin, cut and formed on a lathe. Brass and stainless steel. Thicker poly tube than a DCT tank, awesome piece, and great rebuildable especially for the price, and ease of ordering. DFW is in TX, and you don't have to join a group on FB to buy from! Massive plus all around.

Jeepster08

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
It is my understanding that the typical tank cracking e-liquids will crack the RAtank as well. The good news is that you could rebuild it with tube stock and a good tubing cutter found at your local home supply store. I have some questionable juice in mine at the moment (Energy Cow) and so far so good. Knowing I can fix it myself in the event of failure sets my mind at ease. Yep.... noticed yesterday that they dropped the price by twenty $$. Just my luck for jumping onto a good thing too soon! FYI... I installed the stainless wick in mine today and it is working great so far. The pure clean flavor and warm vape of a properly prepared stainless steel mesh wick is hard to beat.

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
i had a couple ego twist's crap out on me and was going to get a couple more as I use them while at work- but found out about these from justinking and jumped on one and ordered a black bolt to set it on since I think it would look a little funny on my provari, so now im gonna have a huge pipebomb looking device for vaping at work- lmao, hope it holds up well in my pocket without looking like im happy to see anyone.

I have a mini genesis style atty comming soon from a co-op- i ordered with it spare pyrex tanks and extra stainless top cap, maybe if im lucky the parts will be interchangeable with minor modification

anyway...

As i understand , these are built to order- but think the site says there was no delay on shipping , so does this mean he has a stockpile of them built ready to go? How long should I expect to be waiting for this badboy?

Last edited:

Crack3dOne

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Northern VA
Very cool. How does it perform at various voltages? I typically like to vape at 6volt. Anyone try it at this voltage?

Yeah, I have. I got this tank 2 days ago off the classies for 60 bucks shipped, and same as OP, it took about 10 min to set up the first time and from reading around on other rebuildables I have improved the process over the YouTube tutorial on this tank.

I can't quite get 6 out of it or I get a metal taste from the wire. Now I have the wire right up on the posts so there is no hanging wire between the wick and the posts. I have 4 loops around the selica wick to form the coil. The coil is not to tight and it doesn't have space between the wick and the wire either. I can only get 5.7v out of it.

I'm glad I found this thread because I think this tank has GREAT deal of potential and I would like to participate in further conversation over other wick/coil solutions to get this thing performing like a freight train. I prefer dripping on I06 atty's because of the huge amounts of vape and being able to "dial in" my throat hit while maintaining excellent vapor production.

I've read a few things here and there about fiberglass wicks and SS mesh (from 325-400) but am still at a loss a bit of how to properly use either of those materials in creating a new wicking system.

I'm using it on a LT version 1.5.

It also looks like why it was on sale for 61.00 was to clear stock to put the new V3 up.

Last edited:

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
kinda glad i got the thicker version since i ordered a black bolt to sit it on, expecting the bolt and ratank in the mail today or tomorrow....

just went and looked at the v3-- it does look nice, and would of looked good on my provari, oh well

RAtank.jpg ratankv3.jpg

So the v3 only changed by its looks? nothing else structurally has changed?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread