Rate my new vapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

disley

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2013
Australia
I'm going to upgrade my vapes.
I initially started ecigs last January with the plastic cigarette lookalike, with rechargeable battery and replaceable cartomisers, I had two batteries and smoked 3 cartomisers a day.
Then I went onto the refillable filter, a few drops in the filter and I could smoke all day.

I began vaping with a kanga Evo D starter kit. I preferred the ecigs.
I upgraded to the mini Protank II starter kit, I liked it but both batteries had stopped working within two weeks, so I'm using the same assortment of variable voltage batteries I've had. This was ok.
I went overseas and the TSA crooks stole one of my plastic cigarettes. Fortunately I had my mini protank II starter kit with me.
At the moment I use a kanga tech pro-tank II and a variety of rechargeable batteries.
I still use them all. I like the pro tank II and will get another.
I smoke coffee eliquid, 18mg, 30-60ml a week, perhaps more. I buy 120ml every two weeks.
Now I want to get more into vaping. I want to buy mods that use the loose batteries I can buy anywhere, 18350 and 18650 etc.
Before I pull the trigger on these, am I buying the correct coils for what I'm getting, and what I have.
I want to have plenty coils, but don't want the wrong ohms, I've used 1.8, 2.2, 2.4, and 2.5, and don't notice any difference using the type of batteries I have.
Will the pro-tank II work on these new mods.
Are they all good?
I realize this is subjective, and like any hobby buying new stuff is half the fun.
I used to spend over $100 a week on tobacco, so spending a couple of hundred every now and again vaping is ok.
I apologise if this post is too long.
,Vamo V5 Variable Voltage/Wattage Mod / APV
the Authentic iTaste SVD Telescopic Variable Volt/Watt APV
and the Authentic Sigelei Tmax Variable Volt/Watt Starter Kit w/ CE4 Clearo

PRODUCTUNIT PRICEQTYTOTAL
Authentic Protank-II Clearomizer w/ Pyrex Glass Tank (2.5mL)
Protank-II, Translucent, 2.5ohm
SKU 1429700: Ships next day
$15.98$15.98Remove
Authentic Protank Clearomizer Coil Heads (5-Pack)
Coil Heads, 2.5ohm, 5-Pack
SKU 1425902: Ships next day
$7.49
5-pack
$34.15less: ($3.30)Remove
Vamo V5 Variable Voltage/Wattage Mod / APV
V5 Mod, Silver, Stainless Steel
SKU 1491700: Ships next day
$32.43$32.43Remove
Authentic iTaste SVD Telescopic Variable Volt/Watt APV
iTaste SVD Mod, Stainless Steel
SKU 1525701: Ships in 3 business days
$36.97$36.97Remove
Authentic Sigelei Tmax Variable Volt/Watt Starter Kit w/ CE4 Clearo
Tmax Ecig, Red, US Plug
SKU 1536800: In stock
$59.01$59.01Remove

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Your Protank should work on all the mods you have chosen. Go and read the Vamo threads in the Vamo Forum. There seem to be some issues with the threads on those being delicate/soft and people having trouble there. An adapter is a fix for many, where you screw it onto the Vamo and then connect your toppers onto the adapter and not the actual Vamo. Seems to save the life of the Vamo threads. Each mod will have its pros and cons. Do some research on here and make sure you are getting a device with a good lifespan and fairly problem free setup. Good luck to you, looks like you are going to have some new shiny/pretties. Many people like the SVD very much also, some say is made better and better chip than Vamo. I do not know, this is where you need to go do some reading. Just a note, for the amount of money you are spending on 3 mods you are close to being able to purchase a Provari. I suggest you log onto Provape.com and check it out. Yes, it is pricey for one mod, but if you read in the Provari forum you will see very few 'how do I fix this problem' questions asked. Just a thought. Do your research.

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
I would recommend against the Tmax. It has been known for some major issues. However, I used to have a vamo and they are pretty good. I never had difficulty with it. The SVD Is also supposed to be pretty good, but i have no personal experience with it. I never cared for the 2.5 ohm heads for the Protank. I used to use 1.8 or 2.2 with my VV/Vw devices.

disley

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2013
Australia
i suggest the svd... i have it and i LOVE it, but before you go any further, have you found a charger and batteries yet?
No, I thought I could buy the batteries at any electrical shop, and they would fit in any charger.
Telescopic Tube supports 18350, 18500 or 18650 batteries
Do I need special batteries and charger?

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
1/ Realize you'll need an electrical plug adapter (convert U.S. to Aus)
2/ Tmax doesn't get very good reviews.
3/ the charger that comes with the Tmax is very, very low end- prone to failure and takes a very long time to charge batts.
Here's a much better charger- unfortunately the charger alone is out of stock so have to buy charger+ car adapter:
$16.51 Nitecore I2 Lithium Li-ion Ni-MH Ni-Cd Smart Battery Charger (US) - car charger cable + US plug AC charger cable at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
As far as batteries go you'll need:
Rechargeable 3.7V 18650 Lithium Batteries or if wanting to use your PV in a smaller mode the 18350 battery. Make absolutely sure they are:
Safe Chemistry.
High Drain.
High Quality Brand from a reputable Vendor- AW and Panasonic are good.

Camay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Birmingham, AL
I would recommend against the Tmax. It has been known for some major issues. However, I used to have a vamo and they are pretty good. I never had difficulty with it. The SVD Is also supposed to be pretty good, but i have no personal experience with it. I never cared for the 2.5 ohm heads for the Protank. I used to use 1.8 or 2.2 with my VV/Vw devices.

I agree. I did my research on the TMAX before purchasing my second MVP. The MVP2 is a better choice. I have had no issues with either of the MVP's and the hassle free advantage of an internal battery is definitely a plus. I personally have resisted the urge to purchase devices that require external batteries. I just purchased two ego v v3s and I highly recommend that you get one of those. The itaste vv v3 is good but not as good as the ego v v3. I don't believe Fasttech has the newer version. I purchased them from aquavaporcigs.com for $39.95 (including shipping).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread