RDA extremely hot on squonk

Status
Not open for further replies.

apot

Oct 13, 2018
I've been using a NarDa with a Dovpo Rogue 100 plus for a while and I had no similar problems even with the airflow almost closed. Yesterday I bought a Pulse BF 80w and I can't hit it more than twice with the airflow wide open. It gets so hot that it burns my lips immediately. I've used prebuild clapton coils, namely a 0,50 hive coil and currently a 0.36 flat twisted coil (both of which I've also used with the Rogue ). And my battery is Ampking 3000mAh 20700. The box stays fine but the rda is too hot to even unscrew and takes a lot to cool down too. Should I be worried?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

VapePro

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2018
This may or may not be your problem:
The pulse has a postless deck so it is easy to leave the coil touching the deck. This would make things heat up real fast. The solution is longer legs on your coil that hold the coil off the deck

Welcome to the forum btw :)
Yup, your mod is reading the coil resistance as way higher then it actually is. the mod is trying to give you the proper wattage that you set it at. So it is applying more volts.

apot

Oct 13, 2018
Thank you guys for the advice and the warm welcome. I think you actually misunderstood I have a pulse box mod not the pulse rda. And the resistance read as posted so from what I could tell that was not the issue. Still you gave me some ideas so I lowered my coil and pushed the cotton on the bottom to make like a cotton rug. It cleared much space and allowed for more air travel. It still gets hotter than before but it's bearable.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
So what atty are you using? Assuming the atty is the same as the one you were using before with the same coil (at the original attempt) there may be a problem with either your new mod or your old one. It sounds like for whatever reason you are pouring way more power into your atty than you were..
I think what is needed is atty and wattage information

• Useful

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I've been using a NarDa with a Dovpo Rogue 100 plus for a while and I had no similar problems even with the airflow almost closed. Yesterday I bought a Pulse BF 80w and I can't hit it more than twice with the airflow wide open. It gets so hot that it burns my lips immediately. I've used prebuild clapton coils, namely a 0,50 hive coil and currently a 0.36 flat twisted coil (both of which I've also used with the Rogue ). And my battery is Ampking 3000mAh 20700. The box stays fine but the rda is too hot to even unscrew and takes a lot to cool down too. Should I be worried?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read the wisdom of these posts,they say it all for me:
Resistance is Futile - Vapor Connection LLC | Pittsburgh's Premiere Vapor Shop & Lounge
What Ohms should I choose?
Efficiency. Thinner wire and higher resistance VS thick wire and lower resistance
Higher Resistance, Lower Wattage vs Lower Resistance, Higher Wattage
https://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/ashtray-blog/2016/03/flavour-chasing.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread