Not open for further replies.

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com
I have gotten into DIY juice and it has become evident that I really need an RDA for easier testing and well I want to try TC. I have tried to stay away from building coils due to my hands shaking I worry that I will strip the screws on the deck. So I am ready to put on my big boy pants and give it a shot.

Problem is I am not sure what to buy so I come to you guys, I have normally end up buying things based on their name, such as my mod the Joyetech eVic primo 2.0 honestly when I bought it I was looking at it and an Alien kit I went with the eVic because it came with the Aries tank and lets face it Aries sounds cooler than Baby Beast :headbang:

I do not want to spend a lot if it does not work out I do not want to have wasted money on top of I am retired and I live on a budget. I would like to stay at or under 25 bucks, some of the ones I have looked at are Hell Boy RDA, Mad Hatter Mini, Dark Horse RDA, and (not an RDA I know but I love the name) Geek Vapes Zeus. I have a feeling there are better ones out there for a first timer so please if you have a suggestion please let me know.

Reactions: Letitia

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Congrats on taking the next step. Got a few questions that need to be answered before we all can give out opinions.

What diameter RDA are you looking for?

Are you looking for MTL or DL?

Single coil or dual coil?

Are you going to be using prebuilt coils or building your own?

I’m assuming that you will be running this RDA on a regulated device, correct?

Answer those questions and we will have an idea on where to start. Other peeps may chime in and ask other questions also. Also clone RDA’s would probably be your best option because they are inexpensive and you can find them just about anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
My favorite "tester" is a simple 22mm Tsunami. I use it in single coil mode so it's a snap to change out the wicking. There is enough space in single coil mode to get up around .4~.5Ω even using 2x28+36 parallel SS spaced which will do your TC and IMHO gives a good representation of flavor. You can still find them and they are inexpensive. Little lost if you don't take to it. You can even get squonk pins for them if you like.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
You might like a pulse. It’s got a single coil for easy wick changing and TC,a squonk pin if you find you like rdas, the screws are philips and placed on the side which may allow a better angle of attack, and it’s got a really really shallow juice well which while normally a drawback in your case might be an advantage. Also the genuine one is really cheap.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
the dark horse is quite old and one of the first dual coil side airflow rtas that really worked. They have the advantage of being made out of thin steel tube so the clones are as good as the original. I wouldn’t call it the easiest RDA to put a coil on but it’s not brutally hard either. It’s very much a dual coil RDA though.

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
What diameter RDA are you looking for?

Are you looking for MTL or DL?

Single coil or dual coil?

Are you going to be using prebuilt coils or building your own?

I’m assuming that you will be running this RDA on a regulated device, correct?

Diameter 22-25 MM

I am looking for DL

Single or Dual I guess a dual that can be run with one would probably be the best way to go so I can run two if I want later on, but what is best?

Going the whole hog and gonna try and build my own

My mod is a regulated device yes and if the info is needed as well I run Sony VTC5A in it

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Diameter 22-25 MM

I am looking for DL

Single or Dual I guess a dual that can be run with one would probably be the best way to go so I can run two if I want later on, but what is best?

My mod is a regulated device yes and if the info is needed as well I run Sony VTC5A in it
The duals often do single poorly and the singles don’t do dual at all. The big ones can be nearly as powerful as a dual though because you can put really large coils in them.
*disclaimer*: fan of singles

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
The duals often do single poorly and the singles don’t do dual at all. The big ones can be nearly as powerful as a dual though because you can put really large coils in them.
*disclaimer*: fan of singles

Like I said, mate, I am up for whatever is best and willing to hear all sides of Singles Duals and even whatever the hell Outcast showed a pic of in How much ejuice do you use? (post 31) however that one kinda scares me I don't know if I should hook it up to my mod or a car.

Reactions: stols001

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Diameter 22-25 MM

I am looking for DL

You want to find a RDA that will do both. I don’t look for both since I’m running a mod and coils that I vape at all the time about 350W-400W so I don’t do singles. The ones that do both have an air flow that has a single AF for single builds and then dual AF for dual builds. You would be happy with the ability to go both.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
You want to find a RDA that will do both. I don’t look for both since I’m running a mod and coils that I vape at all the time about 350W-400W so I don’t do singles. The ones that do both have an air flow that has a single AF for single builds and then dual AF for dual builds. You would be happy with the ability to go both.

You're in a class of your own brother. Insane comes to mind. LMAO!

• Agree

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Well, I am looking at the recommendations I do not think a squoking pin would be a good idea for me at least not now. Am I misunderstanding or is that something that is an optional part that I can add in if I want?

Yes it's optional. Alot of RDAs come with a bf pin (squonk pin) you can replace the 510 pin with.

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
Yes it's optional. Alot of RDAs come with a bf pin (squonk pin) you can replace the 510 pin with.

Okay good I understood that correctly then if it was not an option then well that would have been a great way to ruin my mod

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
You're in a class of your own brother. Insane comes to mind. LMAO!

You would be surprised at how many people vape at high wattages. There are people out there that vape into the 1000+ W range. That’s insane. I don’t always vape at those wattages, most of the time I’m vaping around 175W-250W range.

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
There are people out there that vape into the 1000+ W range. That’s insane. I don’t always vape at those wattages, most of the time I’m vaping around 175W-250W range.

My mod goes to 228w I stay around 50-55w you guys are super stars

Reactions: Wheelin247
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread